Viewing Review: Sony - CT260. The perfect bedroom companion - AVS Forum
Sony - CT260. The perfect bedroom companion Edit
by playback007 Combined Rating: 4.0
I'm no audiophile. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize the sound coming from the modern thin LCD is really poor even on top end TV's.

My 46 Sony top end model was no...
Pros Cons
  • Cost Effective - Clear Audio , great soundstage with controllable bass and sub volume.
  • Little Boomy, but can be tuned out to your taste.
I'm no audiophile. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize the sound coming from the modern thin LCD is really poor even on top end TV's.

My 46 Sony top end model was no acceptation.

It's s simple good looking sound bar. Simply power cable and input wires. In my case I used the optical out from the TV out.

Sub is Wireless , Neat and synced perfectly out the box automatically.

Nice feature is sound remote can turn off my TV and sound bar.

Initially I found the setup too boomy like the sub was working very hard. Simple adjustments in the menu to turn down the sub volume solved the boomyness.

Now the sound if full bodied. I can't explain it but the soundstage is no longer flat and almost monotone.

I used to have to turn the volume right up and still couldn't clearly hear what they were saying.

Now I have the bar running just over half volume preset. That's plenty loud for my liking.

Is it clearer ?

Put it this way. I watched one of my kids programs on day one. I thought initially that it was picking up an interfering song that was straying in from a radio station or something as I knew it wasn't the program as I had never heard a studio track before. Changed channel and it disappeared. The track was from the kids program. I was shocked. I couldn't believe a simple system running in stereo 2.1 could give such an upgrade to the audio experience.

All programs are a pleasure now. News and voice is clear and easy. Looking forward to watching my first movie on it.

For an entry level bar my only regret is not getting one years ago.
I tried initially to buy the CT-660 based on the reviews compared to the 260.

They didn't sell the 660 in South Africa so I settled on the 260. Still very pleased none the less.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: