Viewing Review: Has not worked properly since Best Buy Installed it - AVS Forum
Has not worked properly since Best Buy Installed it Edit
by BobbyES Combined Rating: 2.0
This unit the oppo 103 is over rated and over priced. The electronics are terrible. Every button on the remote turns it on or off. Even the volume control on the Sony TV and dish remote turns it...
Pros Cons
  • I have not found any other than technical support will try to make it work
  • Had to pay a third party to evaluate a poorly manufactured product
This unit the oppo 103 is over rated and over priced. The electronics are terrible. Every button on the remote turns it on or off. Even the volume control on the Sony TV and dish remote turns it on and off. I feel the unit is not compatible with the new 55 inch sony 4k TV. I have to plug the unit into a separate power strip so I can cut power to it. After 30 days no one wants to deal with it even with a service agreement. If you have a Sony TV purchase a Sony 3D blue ray and stay away from Oppo. The people on this forum are pretty rude when you disagree with them.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
whodunnit 05-29-2014, 03:51 PM

I gotta say, somethings fishy about this review. Best Buy and Oppo? Not likely. Customer Service issues? Oppo has excellent customer service. Sure, you may have a lemon, but I have to agree with datbeme. If you don't provide more specifics, and just basically rant...you're not going to be taken seriously by anybody.

datbeme 05-01-2014, 06:06 AM

I don't doubt you are having problems, but from what you mentioned in your review, I'm guessing you are not communicating them very well. It's hard for people to be able to help you when you make broad criticisms that don't make a whole lot of sense. Obviously, you're frustrated, but saying the electronics are terrible, its poorly manufactured and that it's "not compatible" with a Sony TV are conclusions that would seem curious for ANY current (non low-end Chinese) player—much less one of the most highly-regarded ones.

Maybe you got a lemon, but you haven't outlined any understandable problems beyond it turning on/off with other remotes…which does indeed seem strange…but I can't comment because I don't own either device. Makes me wonder how it's hooked up if Best Buy was involved. They don't sell Oppo, so why did they install it? Were they the third party that you paid?

Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote:
The Film / Movie: