Viewing Review: Complete without subs, natural - AVS Forum
Complete without subs, natural Edit
by brwsaw Combined Rating: 5.0
I upgraded from the V3 M80's which I had enjoyed listening to in 4 completely different set ups over the 14 months I owned them. I upgraded against the opinion of others I respect and am glad I...
Pros Cons
  • Impressive imaging
  • Room around them is a good thing
I upgraded from the V3 M80's which I had enjoyed listening to in 4 completely different set ups over the 14 months I owned them. I upgraded against the opinion of others I respect and am glad I did.

I've had the pleasure of listening to the M80HP's for nearly 3 months now and my time with them has changed my understanding of audio reproduction. They are incredibly detailed at both realistic volumes and volumes you'll be glad they're capable of babying.

I'm very fond of the way they image. I've had quite a few Ah ha! moments you probably wouldn't believe.

The new drivers and crossovers work very well together, in fact the changes from V3 have even helped when listening to less than stellar material. Come to think of it, this was my only pet peeve with the V3 towers.

IMO and as a few of my guests have commented, with great recordings drum beats and guitar string plucks are incredibly realistic. You'll picture the stings as they're plucked. In fact great content will have you closing your eyes while your mind places the instruments in front of and around you.

I'd add using 3 across the front has completely changed my movie viewing and game playing. Not only have I been able to turn the volume down (less sensitive, ponder it, ponder it!) I often find myself turning off the surrounds and or the subs depending on the content as it is now becoming a personal preference to run them full range for most non-movie viewing and and all critical listening. It's worth closing by stating with late night/early morning viewing these things provide the right amount of bass with out subs. From inside my +/-1800 sq ft sound proof room (subs off), they're all sleeping like babies while literally 8' away.

Blair
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: