Viewing Review: Excellent Player for the Cost - AVS Forum
Excellent Player for the Cost Edit
by Ed in Houston Combined Rating: 4.4
I've owned a wide variety of Blu Ray players, to include some high end Denon and Pioneer Elite players and even a few Panasonic Blu Ray players and I have to say that I am happiest with the Oppo....
Pros Cons
  • Excellent Video and Audio Quality, Works well on a DLNA network server, streams well
  • Slow Handshake on Blu-Rays where the screen will go blank for a second or two before a movie starts -- it is not a big deal

I've owned a wide variety of Blu Ray players, to include some high end Denon and Pioneer Elite players and even a few Panasonic Blu Ray players and I have to say that I am happiest with the Oppo.  I like the ease that it connects with my server and flawlessly plays music without any issues whatsoever.  I still own SACDs and enjoy the sound quality on the Oppo.  I did check with Oppo on the slow handshake and they said that was normal for the player.  I use this player in a dedicated home theater with a JVC projector, Anthem amp, Onkyo processor and some Velodyne subs and Paradigm speakers -- this will probably be my last player that I buy, unless they figure out how to store 4K on a disk.  

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: