Viewing Review: Excellent Player for the Cost - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Excellent Player for the Cost Edit
by Ed in Houston Combined Rating: 4.4
I've owned a wide variety of Blu Ray players, to include some high end Denon and Pioneer Elite players and even a few Panasonic Blu Ray players and I have to say that I am happiest with the Oppo....
Pros Cons
  • Excellent Video and Audio Quality, Works well on a DLNA network server, streams well
  • Slow Handshake on Blu-Rays where the screen will go blank for a second or two before a movie starts -- it is not a big deal

I've owned a wide variety of Blu Ray players, to include some high end Denon and Pioneer Elite players and even a few Panasonic Blu Ray players and I have to say that I am happiest with the Oppo.  I like the ease that it connects with my server and flawlessly plays music without any issues whatsoever.  I still own SACDs and enjoy the sound quality on the Oppo.  I did check with Oppo on the slow handshake and they said that was normal for the player.  I use this player in a dedicated home theater with a JVC projector, Anthem amp, Onkyo processor and some Velodyne subs and Paradigm speakers -- this will probably be my last player that I buy, unless they figure out how to store 4K on a disk.  

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: