Viewing Review: Get a extended warranty.... - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Get a extended warranty.... Edit
by realtormred Combined Rating: 2.0
I had the receiver for 14 months and the HDMI switching board went out.  I was warned about the problems after I bought the unit.  If you buy it, get a extended warranty, if you own it, find a...
Pros Cons
  • Good sound, lots of connectors
  • Bad HDMI switching board

I had the receiver for 14 months and the HDMI switching board went out.  I was warned about the problems after I bought the unit.  If you buy it, get a extended warranty, if you own it, find a extended warranty.

My warranty sent me a refund check back, as it was $325 to fix it, and I only paid $299 for it.

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
FiremanFrank 05-07-2014, 07:23 PM

I have an 818 and I guess like many it is just a matter of time before the HDMI board fails.  Onkyo really dropped the ball and guaranteed that my 818 is the last Onkyo product I will purchase.  There are just too many reports of the HDMI boards failing.  If these were cars they would be forced to do a recall.

Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote:
The Film / Movie: