Viewing Review: Excellent receiver for its price - AVS Forum
Excellent receiver for its price Edit
by peare Combined Rating: 4.0
My quest for a better AVR will continue. I almost changed my AVR every 2 years. I was an old DENON fan until 3 years ago. Used its high end CD players, integrated amplifiers, etc. After my first...
Pros Cons
  • New Audissey of course.
  • Remote is quite limited. Still looking for other things to complain
My quest for a better AVR will continue. I almost changed my AVR every 2 years. I was an old DENON fan until 3 years ago. Used its high end CD players, integrated amplifiers, etc. After my first Yamaha AV I turned back to Denon with 3806 which was an excellent one. Then I upgraded to 3310 for 2 months (DSP chip failure) changed it with 4310 which worked fine for a year then failed with its network card. Sold it and switched to Onkyo with TXNR 809 2.5 years ago. In the meantime I bought my son a TXNR 616 which stopped working in a year (hdmi or network card problem). My son went for a Denon x2000 which I liked a lot. I was quite happy with 809 and was telling myself "no problems so far". I shouldnt have been so sure. A week ago it started to show symptoms of a hdmi board failure. That was enough.
Yesterday I bought a x4000 for myself. It feeds 2 psb T6 towers and center with older Jamo sub and surrounds. I found Denon's sound on music play a bit bright. Onkyo was much full and richer. I needed to play with tone controls on analog music from CD player and/or other media players. I know that I have to wait a couple of moths to see its full performance. The remote is ridicule. Denon is cutting the price and the quality of its remote controllers. Anyway I had a spare LCD touch remote from my 4310 days which worked fine with this one. I am able to switch DSP modes multieq and simu etc... I mostly use Denon's android app and bought myav for 7 bucks from store for the original remote is not compatible with my oppo bluray player, Onkyo was. So far so good. I am crossing my fingers for this one. If it develops a hdmi or network card failure in the future I will go back to classic amplifiers with no network or hdmi. I will miss 7.1 analog inputs though. Thats why its been hard to separate from Onkyo 809.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: