Viewing Review: All in one beauty - AVS Forum
All in one beauty Edit
by yllennodmij Combined Rating: 4.0
Let me start out by saying that I do not own this tv. I am a home theater salesman, and when the store is slow i like to watch the display of this tv in my store. If this offends you, click...
Pros Cons
  • 4k, Triluminos, sound
  • reflection, sound, lack of features

Let me start out by saying that I do not own this tv. I am a home theater salesman, and when the store is slow i like to watch the display of this tv in my store. If this offends you, click away.

Pros: 4k. At 55 and 65 inch, the 4k makes a noticeable difference to me. Tiny details are crystal clear, movie scenes look life-like, nature scenes are breathtaking. 5/5

Triluminos. The only way i can describe triluminos is by this analogy. Speakers, once amplified, play rich, clear, colorful sound. If you can imagine a pixel "amplified", this is it. Reds, blues, oranges, pinks, all stand out in their rich glory and breathe life into the picture. 5/5

Sound. Youll notice i put sound as a pro and a con. Ill get to that. The tv has two mids and a tweet on each side, giving front-firing, average sound. It gives the tv a good look as well, with the placement being aesthetic and eye-grabbing, even when off. Its a damn good looking tv. For $500 more than the similar sony 4k with standard audio, I'd say it is a bargain for anyone with money to spend on a great tv watching experience. I believe its currently clocking in at $2699. 3/5

Cons: reflection. "but its an led, theres not as much reflection!" well because of the way the speakers are mounted, sony decided to put a clear plastic finish over the entire front of the tv. it reflects as much as glass. Not a huge deal to anyone with a dedicated room, or at night, but in the store it sometimes distracts the customers. Viewing in light gets a 4/5

Sound. Heres the thing. In my honest opinion, if you are putting up near $3000 for a tv with a picture comparable to a theater, you better pair it with audio comparable to a theater. I mean 5.1. Another thing, sony makes the most kick-ass soundbar the HTCT770, which, for $449, includes bluetooth, 3 hdmi in, a wireless subwoofer, and kick-ass sound. in my opinion you should save the $50 and get the soundbar and the x850 (sony 4k with standard speakers). In comparison to a soundbar or 5.1, the speakers are a nuisance. And in the future if you decide to add a 5.1, you will now have 6 useless, inactive speakers that do nothing but add ~8" to your overall tv width. 3/5

Lack of features. When someone is going to spend ~$3000, they want to know their options. So of course they want to see the Samsung 4k. With + or - 400,000 apps, it pisses on Sony's dozen or so built in smart features. I believe the new models, however, are able to stream playstation 1, 2, and 3 games thru wifi and playstation plus. With no console. Still waiting to see how sony does with that but until then, Features get a 2/5.

Overall I'd give this TV a 4/5. It has a beautiful picture, which is the primary thing any tv should have. Sound is great for those not interested in additional equipment. The reflection and lack of features are a small con point, and every little bit counts in today's market. Considering how far down this tv is from it's original launch price, I'd say BUY!

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
aussawin 06-10-2014, 10:26 PM

Good picture but not user friendly remote and very difficult internet browsing due to hard to type anything Would I buy in future probably not

Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote:
The Film / Movie: