AVS Forum banner

My scope set up is coming along

28K views 234 replies 57 participants last post by  thebland 
#1 ·
The Vistascope screen frame is mounted,a portion of the front modifications are completed. The projection room area for the HT 5000 is coming along with the cut out for the projector shelf.

I will post some pics later.

Art

#179 ·
Setup looks awesome, Art.

One thing I did notice, and maybe its just because Ive got a girl that is starting to be not so little anymore, is that Seaton maybe had a little too much to drink.

That left had of his looks a little too "low" for me. 8)

#180 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeycalda /forum/post/11812516

WOW ...I can totally appreciate the time and effort that went into this project!!

What sitting distance do you find best for this size of screen. I am sure they are all great but there must be a preference.

Eight 15 inch enclosed subs must really add to the experience. Have you measured how low your room can go?

Congrats

Joey

Joey so far I still like the front row which is just under two heights. Measured pretty flat to 8Hz.

Art

#181 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catdaddy67 /forum/post/11816988

Setup looks awesome, Art.

One thing I did notice, and maybe its just because Ive got a girl that is starting to be not so little anymore, is that Seaton maybe had a little too much to drink.

That left had of his looks a little too "low" for me. 8)

Mark's girl was in the room then I doubt it was anything(besides Steph is 23).

The worse problewm is Salina on the left who is 16 !

Art

#185 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by number9ine /forum/post/11829610

Art:

Way to go, you've built my dream theater. I want to be you when I grow up.

Enjoy it!

Thanks but after I had a meeting at school regarding my seven year old son Turner on Friday it was pretty evident that when the teacher was telling me things about him that needed work ,and they were all things I do, growing up hasn't been part of my plan for me.

Art

#186 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Sonneborn /forum/post/11837168

Thanks but after I had a meeting at school regarding my seven year old son Turner on Friday it was pretty evident that when the teacher was telling me things about him that needed work ,and they were all things I do, growing up hasn't been part of my plan for me.

Art

LOL.

Did your son have the biggest shiniest toy in class too?

#189 ·
The best gets better Art.

When the image is that big I imagine you can see the limitations of 1080p?

#195 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by price3 /forum/post/11878423

When the image is that big I imagine you can see the limitations of 1080p?

You could definitely see the limitations of a (relatively) poorly mastered source. King Kong was pristine while The Matrix Revolutions showed some kinds of artifacts in dark scenes.

#198 ·
After seeing and reading about "scope" setups I've decided to jump in too. It will be on a smaller scale than Art's:

Smaller screen - 100 inch wide Screen Research vs 14ft vistascope.

Smaller projector - Black Pearl vs Sim 5000

Smaller lens - Prismasonic FE-1500r vs Isco 3

Smaller woofers - pair of Fathom F113s vs 4 Submersives

Smaller scantily clad daughter - see attached!

#201 ·
art now that your setup is done you said you'd help me with mine, i'm in brunswick ohio which is 2 hours east of Toledo.

Thanks - if you can't physically help, any monetary contribution will help. Thank you! Let me leap into CIH with your help.

Thanks again.

Ah if only it were true.=)

-ELMO

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.