AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Special Buys, Discounts and BOGO MASTER THREAD: Put all special deals here!!

358K views 3K replies 824 participants last post by  PooperScooper 
#1 ·
To keep frugal BD shoppers from having to dig through page after page of special deals, we figured we'd create one, catch-all thread for special deals, discounts and buy-one-get-one free deals. This is only for discussion of special deals and discounts.

IMPORTANT: Include expiration dates, if known, with any new deals you post!!*****

#3 ·
Good idea to merge everything....

If these sales keep up, I'm going broke! I've gotten 20 BD's thus far and I'm trying to talk myself out of hitting up another CC this afternoon.

"My name is _Avarice_, and I have a problem"

#4 ·

got transformers, the invisible, kingdom of heaven and enemy of the state,

just a total of 8 including yesterday o plus the bonus transformers hat for the first 20 customers here in our local CC.

#5 ·
Great Sale! Thank for all posting this info!!! I went to CC today and sure enough all Blu-Rays where half off and HD-DVDs.. They where out of Transfomers so I picked it up on DVD and got extended cut version included as half off as well. Anything they were out of I went to BB and they said they would honor the BOGO, or half off... Guy at BB was amazed when I showed him the receipt from CC.

From CC:

Fugitive BD - $12.50

Last Samurai BD - $12.50

Punisher BD - $12.50

Swordfish BD - $12.50

Transformers Limited Ed DVD - $11.50

Reign Over Me BD - $15.00

BB (price matching)

Underworld BD - $12.49

Ice Age 2 BD - $17.49

#7 ·
Please quote or reference the deal you're commenting on. Maybe use the title bar so we'll know which deal you're talking about since they're all together now.

Thanks

#8 ·
CC is the best. I just picked up 20 HD DVDs and 10 Blu-ray discs. Everything from Lionsgate, Starz, WB, and Paramount that wasn't on sale at Amazon, BB, or Fry's were 2 for 1.

#9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankmonkey /forum/post/11923183

DrDon, you drank your Red Bull today. Good work!

Love all these deals

LOL!! Thanks. A lot of members wanted this deal or that deal stickied.. some would be duplicated and others just plain lost. There were a lot of calls to group them all together. We'll see how this format works. It's stickied, so it'll always be front page. Suggestions welcome.

#10 ·
hmmm, before I go into town to hit up circuit city. Are any of the Transporter movies $29.99 at CC ??? at BB Robocop and the Transporters were $34.99 while CC had Robocop at $29.99. I didn't check the Transporter series and would love to snag those as well if they're at $29.99 like robocop instead of the ridiculous $34.99.

#12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper /forum/post/11923320

hmmm, before I go into town to hit up circuit city. Are any of the Transporter movies $29.99 at CC ??? at BB Robocop and the Transporters were $34.99 while CC had Robocop at $29.99. I didn't check the Transporter series and would love to snag those as well if they're at $29.99 like robocop instead of the ridiculous $34.99.

The prices seem to vary from store to store. I've seen people get titles for $29.99 at one and $34.99 at another. Seems to be a ymmv thing!

#14 ·
I picked up BD 6 titles yesterday (several posts in those locked threads). Today, I went back to CC to try to pick up Transformers on HD-DVD plus another title. The Million Dollar baby + Transformer did not work on BOGO. I even caused a semi mild fuss and it did not work either
. They were adamant that since it was a new release, plus a HD-DVD and BD combo would not work. The manager even referred to their ad which said "certain titles", although he had no clue what those titles were

I tried KoH, which did not work again, since CC has it at 34.99. Oh bugger!!!.

Anyway, I ended up with:

1- Million Dollar Baby: $12.50

2- The Getaway: $12.50

3- The Last Samurai: $12.50

4- Stargate: $12.50

Some of these are not the best movies, but have good HD quality, plus being WB and Lionsgate titles, which are hard to get on sale.

The Encinitas and Vista (San Diego county) CC stores are out of Surf's Up and no The Fly, for now.

To add to the 6 from yesterday:

- Bullitt

- Letters from Iwo Jima

- Fantastic 4 RoSS

- Day After Tomorrow

- Devils Reject

- Enemy of the State

Plus another ten or so Sony titles from Fry's at $9.99, has expanded my BD collection to 65.

#15 ·
Just got back from the Manassas, VA store and picked up the last copy on BD of:

- Flags of Our Fathers

- Robocop

I spoke to a manager and discussed TV's first before talking Blu-Ray.....went over to the counter to pay and he started to check the ads....told him the BOGO sale was not in the ads....told him that Best Buy was doing it as well as Target and this was CC's last minute response. Flags was marked at $34.99, but he sold them both to me for $15 each!

I'm done. Thats eight Blu-Ray discs this week.

#19 ·
I picked some up at my local CC at lunch, but they said the sale is BOGO for all HDMedia. They pretty much are more then half way out of stock on all HDM, even players all they had was a few A2, and LG combo players, and half dozen PS3s.

I got Transformers and Half Baked on HDDVD, and got the following on Blu:

DejaVu

Gone in 60 Seconds

Chicken Little

IMAX: Roving Mars

Apocalypto

Flightplan

Weeds Season1

Weeds Season2

#20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by roachxp /forum/post/11923886

I picked some up at my local CC at lunch, but they said the sale is BOGO for all HDMedia. They pretty much are more then half way out of stock on all HDM, even players all they had was a few A2, and LG combo players, and half dozen PS3s.

I got Transformers and Half Baked on HDDVD, and got the following on Blu:

DejaVu

Gone in 60 Seconds

Chicken Little

IMAX: Roving Mars

Apocalypto

Flightplan

Weeds Season1

Weeds Season2

I should've gotten Weeds season 1. Didn't even think about that one. There are so many movies to get.

#22 ·
Just visited 2 Circuit City stores:

Princeton, NJ (1 endcap BD / 2 endcaps HD DVD)

Mt. Holly, NJ (Massive selection of both formats!!!)

Between both stores I purchased 16 titles:

HD DVD:

Harsh Times

Transformers

BD:

Finding Neverland

Stargate

Dinosaur

Reign of Fire

American Psycho

The Departed

Perfect Stranger

Fantastic Four 2

Premonition

Enemy of the State

The Day After Tomorrow

The Prestige

The Fifth Element

King Arthur

I tried to mix in movies that were over $30 but it was a no go. Associates at both stores knew of the BOGO promotion and knew that it was for ALL HD media over $24.99 but under $29.99.

#23 ·
got robocop, 300, hitchikers guide and stranger than fiction for 64+ at circuit city after work yesterday...

i had first picked up flight plan thinking the deal may not go through with 300 but took 300 anyway in case it did and wholla, it went through.... flight plan is gonna have to wait.

the two comedies were my wife's selection....

now i have somewhat of a collection with the sunday bestbuy bogo purchase (got 4 blurays) i made while i was in fresno visiting family.

#24 ·
Another NoVa potential RoboCop store bites the dust!

Still have 3 to call after work, but I'm not holding my breath, though hopefully somebody will still have some other titles to pick from.

#25 ·
went to Circuit City in Fremont,CA (Automall Parkway) and picked up:

28 Days Later

Total Recall

28 Days Later had a price tag of $29.99, but i actually ended up paying $27.xx for BOTH movies.

still no luck finding Edward Scissorhands, Twilight Zone, or Robocop in any Bay Area, CA Circuit City's

co-worker ended picking up 2 copies of Transformers HD-DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.