AVS Forum banner
2M views 9K replies 996 participants last post by  Dirtgarry 
#1 ·
Here are a few pics of my PRO-110FD "thanks to John from Axxis Audio, AVS Sponsor at bottom of page"", will be hanging on the wall in a few days using a Sanus flat wall mount, at the moment the PDP is on my cabinet where the center channel speaker will be placed, PDP will be 3" above center channel speaker when hung on wall at center of black box painted behind the PDP, all I can say in regards to this PDP is WOW, PURE mode is worth it to get an Elite, the colors and skin tones are spot on, and no ISF calibration yet, few more months till that happens for me, will let the set break in for a while, these pics are from Planet Earth Blu Ray on my PS3, enjoy,

See less See more
#177 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice /forum/post/11928291

I have a request for cybertec.....

PLEASE get Transformers on HD DVD and post some pictures. Transformers, IMO, has the best PQ of ANY HDM disc....period!

don't own an HD-DVD player YET.

#178 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC7727 /forum/post/11929207

you can't even play heroes in 1080p/24 after the firmware update? Check out D-Nice's toshiba HD DVD settings, setting the film mode to advance should eliminate all judder.

No, I could play it in 1080/24 before the update, but now I can't. I know it's not supposed to be played in that mode, but it would at least play before.

#180 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Bobo /forum/post/11928144

Not an Elite, but I sure do love my 6010.

More of a room setup pic than a PQ pic. Back before break-in and D-Nice's settings.

I don't have Cybertec's photography skills.
I'll try to resize it so it won't be so large.

Maaaannn do I want that TV
Transformers looks great on my 42" Panny, but I can only imagine what it would be like on that thing!

Can anyone PM me a good place to check on pricing for a 6010?

#181 ·
This is one heck of a thread. Great pics from everyone with extra special "Kurodos" to Cybertec.

You have many of us in Oz salivating at the prospect of getting our paws on one of these babies. The Aussie Elite Kuro models are not likely to be released Downunder for another month, perhaps longer, and likely to be at a significant premium to what you guys are paying for them. But my goodness I think they will still be worth it!

#183 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC7727 /forum/post/11933291

but it is supposed to be played in that mode.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but as I understand it TV shows are not 24fps, at least Heroes isn't. When I played Heroes in that mode, I got weird artifacts. When I played it at plain 1080p, I did not get those.

What was strange about this is that I could play it (with artifacts in all their glory) in 24fps before the firmware update, but could not after the update.

#185 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_6 /forum/post/11931716

Maaaannn do I want that TV
Transformers looks great on my 42" Panny, but I can only imagine what it would be like on that thing! Can anyone PM me a good place to check on pricing for a 6010?

check the avs forum sponsors at the top and bottom of the page, Roman at Invision is a good start, he's helped alot of avs'ers get these great Pioneer Kuros fast and at great prices.

#187 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by loco /forum/post/11933672

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but as I understand it TV shows are not 24fps, at least Heroes isn't. When I played Heroes in that mode, I got weird artifacts. When I played it at plain 1080p, I did not get those.

What was strange about this is that I could play it (with artifacts in all their glory) in 24fps before the firmware update, but could not after the update.

I thought all modern shows and films where in 24fps but I am not 100 percent sure either.

#188 ·
I know everyone is in their Transformers kick... but I should be getting the Spider-Man trilogy in today. And I'm going to take my shot at pics. Hopefully I can use your advice cybertec. No one's been able to help me. Ask Elemental. Haha.

#190 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice /forum/post/11935849

I'm not as stoked on Spidey as I am on TF. The CGI in TF is the best I've ever seen. I wonder how many awards it will win (SFX that is).

Yea Transformers was pretty sick. What's nuts is usually, especially on a panel that resolves so much detail, I can tell when cheesy effects are used when viewing HD disks. Like in King Kong w/ the dinosaurs. I didn't feel that once playing Transformers. The effects were that good.

But anyway... hell if anything Spider-Man 3 will be a good black level test.

#191 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybrulez /forum/post/11935883

But anyway... hell if anything Spider-Man 3 will be a good black level test.

Yep as TF had a blue hue to the blacks

#195 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumpapi /forum/post/11938039

what is the best future proof hd-dvd player for my pio -150?

at the moment there is NO HD-DVD player that is future proof, from all my reading, HD-DVD players still need lots of work, Blu-Ray players on the other hand are more stable.

#196 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybertec /forum/post/11938086

at the moment there is NO HD-DVD player that is future proof, from all my reading, HD-DVD players still need lots of work, Blu-Ray players on the other hand are more stable.

Interesting, I know I have an HD-DVD avatar and all but I really thought that it was the complete opposite, or maybe Im thinking about the software? Anyway thats other topic.

#200 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumpapi /forum/post/11938649

what is the best hd-dvd player for my pro-150?

ok well if you need sd upconversion get the xa2, it has a hqv reon processor in it and it's toshiba's top of the line player. i own the a35 and it's great it is the only hddvd player as of right now that can output bitstream audio to your receiver if you are using one.