AVS Forum banner

FedEx didn't deliver my PS3 from Walmart

5K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Amon37 
#1 ·
I was home waiting from the PS3 to come and kept tracking on computer. Now it syas it left at the front door but it is nothing there. Just called FedEx and they said call them back after 3 days if I still don't have it. Just walked to the next door neighbors and asked but they didn't have it. Now I have to wait...

See less See more
#2 ·
I had a box of movies delivered from the USPS show up empty with a sticker that said "Recieved empty/opened". When the company re-sent them it happened again, someone on the ruote is opening boxes. People as asses and now that it's the x-mas season they are staeling crap like mad.

#3 ·
I thought about that scenario but wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt! I hadn't never had any problem with FedEx. I still hope it'll show up later this week though. My daughters are very mad now...

#4 ·
I could never figure out why FedEx and UPS don't do weekend delivery. Nobody is home weekdays and leaving things on the steps is just too risky. Not to mention rain/snow issues on packages left outside.

I would rather drive to the shipping center to pick a package up rather than worrying all day if my package is still going to be there after sitting outside for 8 hours.

#5 ·
I had an item shipped to the Bike shop next door once and didn't know it until the owner of the shop gave me the box item when he saw me again.

of course by this time I already got a replacement shipment that just arrived also later that week!

Some weird reason, the delivery guy dropped it to the bike shop next door instead of my apartment!

Now I have 2 of the same item ... but I just paid for 1 ...

#6 ·
I always require a signature, if they leave it without a signature & it's not there when I get home they have a hard time arguing about it.

#7 ·
Thats why I contact Fedex and let them know if I am not going to be available on the day of delivery then to hold my package at the center for me to pick up. Too much money to hope your box is going to be at the front door if someone isn't home.

#8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Ruhl /forum/post/12410732

I could never figure out why FedEx and UPS don't do weekend delivery. Nobody is home weekdays and leaving things on the steps is just too risky. Not to mention rain/snow issues on packages left outside.

I would rather drive to the shipping center to pick a package up rather than worrying all day if my package is still going to be there after sitting outside for 8 hours.

Fedex does deliver on Saturdays. It just costs $10 extra for the service.

As far as releasing packages, you can request that a signature be required but if you're not home, a door tag will be left and re-attempted the next day and then the next (Unless you go to the station and get it). If after 3x, still no delivery, it goes back to the shipper. Also some items (AT&T phones, high value items, etc) are usually "signature required".

To the original poster. What fedex service was used? Overnight? 2day? 3day? Fedex Ground? If it went Fedex Express (overnight, 2day, or 3day), PM me the tracking number. I can access their internal system and research. If it went Ground, I can't help ya.

#9 ·
I just talked to some of the neighbors and one of them got it last night. He lives about 7 houses from me. I just picked it up from his house. They deliverred around 6:30 - 6:45 PM last night and it was very dark outside. I guess he didn't see the house number clearly. Thanks God I have it now.

One time when I ordered the Onkyo 905 receiver and I called UPS few days before to hold my package until the weekend so I can pick it up. They said they will but when I checked the website, it said it was delivered and left outside the front door. My family and I were out of town for the whole week. I had to call my dad and he drove about 50 miles to bring my receiver inside the house for me. The order was over $1600!

#10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cysquatch /forum/post/12411983

Fedex does deliver on Saturdays. It just costs $10 extra for the service.

As far as releasing packages, you can request that a signature be required but if you're not home, a door tag will be left and re-attempted the next day and then the next (Unless you go to the station and get it). If after 3x, still no delivery, it goes back to the shipper. Also some items (AT&T phones, high value items, etc) are usually "signature required".

To the original poster. What fedex service was used? Overnight? 2day? 3day? Fedex Ground? If it went Fedex Express (overnight, 2day, or 3day), PM me the tracking number. I can access their internal system and research. If it went Ground, I can't help ya.

I shipped FedEx ground and it said the signature was not required. I need to pay extra from now on to ask for the signature delivery.

#11 ·
i had UPS deliver an empty box to someone, when they bought a catalytic ocnverter from me.

its a hassle adn a half, takes a coupel weeks to get a check....

if its somethign expensive, i always have it delivered to my grandparents house, since they are almsto always home

usualyl if its rainign/snowing they will put the box in a plastic bag so it doenst get wet. i bought a video card once adn they didnt put it in a bag and guess what! it got soaking wet!

i didnt even bother opening the box, i jsut called UPS, freaked out, and they settled it

#12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuibap /forum/post/12415118

I shipped FedEx ground and it said the signature was not required. I need to pay extra from now on to ask for the signature delivery.

Ahhh gotcha. What ground did is what's called an "indirect delivery". I'm surprised they delivered it 7 houses down though. Regardless, they should have left a doortag saying it was delivered 7 houses down.

We train our express guys to try the actual address then the neighbors on each side then across the street. If it still can't be delivered, a doortag is left letting the customer know that a reattempt will occur the following day by 4pm or you can pick the package up at the station that night before it closes.

Glad you got it. Grats!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.