AVS Forum banner

Firmware 2.0 for A3/A30/A35 out (dont update if you use 1080p24 it causes jaggies!)

122K views 699 replies 253 participants last post by  BasicBlak 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I just used that link and it works for me... what's the updates?

Here I was waiting for 1.4 and 2.0 comes out?

#5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcfan /forum/post/13088436

Just went to Toshibas site and it isn't there and this link doesn't state what file this is for. I would not trust this link.

Link worked fine from here. And the download does appear to be 2.0.

That said, I am not finding any mention of what it does, not that those lists are usually very informative.

Brian

#6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcfan /forum/post/13088436

Just went to Toshibas site and it isn't there and this link doesn't state what file this is for. I would not trust this link.

The link works. You just have to check the box that says "I agree to the terms and conditions contained in the Master End User License Agreement above" before you can download.

#7 ·
I just downloaded it but I'm at work... no readme in the zip file so I have no clue what it does. All I know is that I have never had a problem watching HD DVD's on my A3 yet I'm still scared everytime I watch a movie after reading all of the messages of people having so many errors... hopefully this will be a good fix for everyone!

#10 ·
I am a little confused. I just went into my A35 setup and choose update. Under update it said 1.3/1.1. I already have 1.3 yet is it downloading the 39 steps. Is it possible i am just redoing the 1.3 fw or does the fact that it is downloading mean it is an updated fw 2.0 not the same i have already.

#11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosman22 /forum/post/13088723

I am a little confused. I just went into my A35 setup and choose update. Under update it said 1.3/1.1. I already have 1.3 yet is it downloading the 39 steps. Is it possible i am just redoing the 1.3 fw or does the fact that it is downloading mean it is an updated fw 2.0 not the same i have already.

It tells you what version is allready installed. So now you're updating to 2.0

#12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudetta /forum/post/13088779

It tells you what version is allready installed. So now you're updating to 2.0

Nice, that is what i assumed. I can't wait to test this thing out. Many A35 owners are have having handshakes issues with HBR and the tech i talked to a couple months age said Tosh was working on a fix and it should be included in the next fw update. I really hope it is.

#14 ·
Just installed 2.0. It adds a menu in Video called "Frame Rate", from which you can select "Auto" or "24 FPS". Great!

Unfortunately, it still does not work with my Samsung T6187s. Even after re-initializing the player, setting to 24 FPS, my TV only displays 1920x1080 60hz when it displays 24hz from my PS3. Weird.

It also hasn't fixed the problem I had playing my French "Pan's Labyrinth" which plays fine on my A2.

What a tease this firmware was.

jd

#17 ·
Just updated. So is this forced 24? I don't have a tv that does that now but being able to force 24 gives me option on a new PJ without worrying about a proper HDMI handshake.

#18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboconnell /forum/post/13089001

Hi jd - with the player off, how long after pressing eject does the tray open?

I'm hoping as a bare minimum this has been made faster...

have you noticed any other effects?

I count 35 seconds from pressing "on" to the tray opening.

Otherwise, I found no other changes or improvements in the few spot checks I've made since updating.

jd

#19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrouette /forum/post/13088942

Just installed 2.0. It adds a menu in Video called "Frame Rate", from which you can select "Auto" or "24 FPS". Great!

Unfortunately, it still does not work with my Samsung T6187s. Even after re-initializing the player, setting to 24 FPS, my TV only displays 1920x1080 60hz when it displays 24hz from my PS3. Weird.

It also hasn't fixed the problem I had playing my French "Pan's Labyrinth" which plays fine on my A2.

What a tease this firmware was.

jd

It sounds like a problem with your Samsung T6187. My pioneer TV say 1024p when it plays 1024p/24Hz from A35 (fw 1.3). My pioneer TV is actually 720p with a capability to accept 1024p/24Hz. It plays beutifully.

#20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpotturi /forum/post/13089196

It sounds like a problem with your Samsung T6187. My pioneer TV say 1024p when it plays 1024p/24Hz from A35 (fw 1.3). My pioneer TV is actually 720p with a capability to accept 1024p/24Hz. It plays beutifully.

I know some TVs require "forced" 24 fps playback, as mine does. If I force 24 fps from the PS3 I get 24hz, if I set to "auto", I get 60hz. However, even setting the A35 to "forced" 24 fps gets me 60hz. Clearly, the TV does 24hz with at least one player, so I can only assume it's dependent on the player.

For the record, the HD DVDs I've tested are Superman Returns and Eyes Wide Shut. I also tried one DVD; Tess. All show up as 60hz.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.