AVS Forum banner

Blu-ray Player Special Deals: ALL pricing deals and locating talk goes here

2M views 13K replies 3K participants last post by  ti-triodes 
#1 ·
#3,084 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananfish /forum/post/13535517

We may not see any until the Metal Gear Solid 4 release in "late Q2" (i.e., end of June): http://www.us.playstation.com/News/PressReleases/455

If you have an EB Games or a Gamestop local to you, you might want to check there. Be sure to look up toward the top of the display walls, as that's where they usually display the boxes for them when they have them in stock. Our local EB has several refurb 80 gig models in for $449.00.

#3,086 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingTarget /forum/post/13522841

Are you ever able to buy anything with that philosophy?

at some point, of course you have to jump in. but when a major upgrade in future standardization is only a couple months away and you know it, why not wait? it's a new technology so early adopters are going to get screwed in functionality. at least w/ethernet and BD-Live you're more likely to be able to be up to standards.

#3,087 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by briansemerick /forum/post/13538045

at some point, of course you have to jump in. but when a major upgrade in future standardization is only a couple months away and you know it, why not wait? it's a new technology so early adopters are going to get screwed in functionality. at least w/ethernet and BD-Live you're more likely to be able to be up to standards.

You make a good point.

Although some people say that they don't intend to see the extras, etc. available with profile 2.0, if for no other reason than the ethernet flexability for downloading updates, I think waiting will be worth while.

#3,088 ·
Looks I may be taking back my Sony S300 player in a week or so. Any definitive release date for the S350 yet? I know it is Q2 and we are in Q2 now.

#3,089 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jones /forum/post/13536971

eCost has refurb Sony BDP-S300 BD players for $265.99.

sonystyle.com still has the refurbished BDP-S300 for $289.99 -- with 10% off coupon code AFFB10 the price is $260.99. Shipping is free (as opposed to $16 ground or $35 2nd day at ecost). I bought mine from sonystyle.com a few weeks ago and would feel much more comfortable buying a refurbished product direct from the manufacturer rather than through ecost, tigerdirect, newegg, refurbdepot, etc.

#3,090 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP /forum/post/13538326

You make a good point.

Although some people say that they don't intend to see the extras, etc. available with profile 2.0, if for no other reason than the ethernet flexability for downloading updates, I think waiting will be worth while.

Also, the newer players should boot faster, which is a bigger plus in my book than adding BD Live.

#3,091 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjruby /forum/post/13536251

Several weeks ago, Target was selling the PS3 at their normal $399 price with a $40 Target gift card included.

That's the best deal I've seen recently.

And Target also has the 10% off (entire day) if you apply for their Visa card. That is when I bought my PS3 $399 - %10 off - $40 gift card (I used the gift card the same day on another purchase.) They also let me use my personal credit card with the 10% off coupon which gave me another 1% off (I was surprised their system allowed that).

#3,093 ·
Please PM me with the best price on a Panny BD30 in Canada. It must be available for online purchase. Ebay is fine. I can't wait any longer. Thanks.

#3,095 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMAG /forum/post/13538593

sonystyle.com still has the refurbished BDP-S300 for $289.99 -- with 10% off coupon code AFFB10 the price is $260.99. Shipping is free (as opposed to $16 ground or $35 2nd day at ecost). I bought mine from sonystyle.com a few weeks ago and would feel much more comfortable buying a refurbished product direct from the manufacturer rather than through ecost, tigerdirect, newegg, refurbdepot, etc.

Which player is better, this Sony or the Samsung BDP-1400. I have a friend that wants to buy her husband a Blu-ray player (she will balk at anything over $300). Just want to advise her on the better player. Thanks.

#3,096 ·
dumb question, does the 2nd act 1400 refurbs come with the remote ??, I figured the manual wouldn't since there is a link to downloaded it on the site. Some refurbs I have seen are just for the player, some have the remote, manual, etc.

I was going to hold out for the BD50 since it decodes DTS-MA but I have an older receiver and will be using analog only and not sure if it's worth $400 bucks more to have BD live ??

#3,100 ·
How good is the sammy 1400 compare to bd30? All I want is to be able to bitstream advance codecs dts hd,truhd.

#3,104 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigvinny /forum/post/13544193

dumb question, does the 2nd act 1400 refurbs come with the remote ??, I figured the manual wouldn't since there is a link to downloaded it on the site. Some refurbs I have seen are just for the player, some have the remote, manual, etc.

I was going to hold out for the BD50 since it decodes DTS-MA but I have an older receiver and will be using analog only and not sure if it's worth $400 bucks more to have BD live ??

I've gotten 2 1400s from SA.com and they both came with remotes. One had the original manual, and the other one had a prited out manual stapled together in book-like form.

WARNING: I just received the second 1400 yesterday from SA.com. The serial number on the box did NOT match the SN on the back of the player. The box also loked tampered with. That one will be going back.

#3,105 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rboster /forum/post/13507751

For those shopping at Secondact.com They have a coupon code for $25 off...use FACEBOOKMM

Thanks rboster. I was able to order BD-P1400 from Secondact.com using the coupon code and got it for 217.98 (including shipping). I think its a good deal and hoepfully I get a good product.

Also thanks to Smarty-Pants, ScottS, bigvinny and others from whom i got the idea on this one.

#3,106 ·
Don;t forget to use coupon code FACEBOOKMM at secondact.com for $25 off.

I am getting one from them and taking my Sony 300 player back to BB and saving $170 including taxes.

Love it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.