AVS Forum banner

The Official BD Wishlist and "When or will this movie come out on BD/UHD? Thread

334K views 3K replies 1K participants last post by  FLTWS 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if the the BBC or similar plan to put out any Blu Ray stuff.

Im looking for any of the BBC at the Proms Hi Def broadcasts from Norah Jones..Paul Weller...Amy Winehouse...Corrine Bailey Rae.

Or maybe tv shows like ROBIN HOOD...BLEAK HOUSE...HOTEL BABYLON..

#728 ·
I thought Universal mentioned Gladiator for European release sometime in their press release. But, you should use the thread stickied for this purpose.

#732 ·
Well they'll release it one day. Off course it's Catalog TV SERIE. I don't think we are there yet. Tv serie cost a lot of money to do a Bluray because of multiple disc. Warner will do the first with Justice League S1, witch is 3 years old.

Replicator are limited too... There's not many ce that are equipped with BD50 capability right now but like digitalbits guy said, it will get better as year passed.

DVD had the same thing, limited tv release for at least 2-3 years, after that floodgates open ..

#736 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by facesnorth /forum/post/13795534

I won't purchase any seasons of Lost. I will wait until the entire thing is finished and they release the complete set with extras. No doubt this will eventually happen.

I'm thinking about doing that too. I just have the first season on DVD so far (which I'm willing to buy on BD), but I won't buy seasons 3 or 4 until I know the first two are coming. At this point I might as well wait for the end. I'm not sure I even want to watch the earlier episodes again until it's over anyway. Besides, it doesn't seem like they have an interest in releasing the first two seasons on BD, at least for a little while.

#738 ·
With Anchor Bay/Starz about to release a newly remastered anniversary edition of Heathers, I'm shocked it isn't coming to Blu-ray. I've got the original pressing on DVD (probably a victim of "disc rot" by now) and would love to upgrade, but at this point I'm only buying HDM.

#739 ·
Right about now I am going nuts not being able to watch X-MEN 2 (X2) in HD. This is absurd. FOX, get off your @ss and just get on with it!!!!

But please, BD50. No Half-@ss release.

Rhoq, the first Anchor Bay release of HEATHERS is the best. the remastered versions suck, having been noise reduced to softness hell. Now, if this new new NEW release is a NEW master, well, one can only hope.

#741 ·
Hey has anyone heard anything about Shaun of the dead or Hot Fuzz coming to Blu anytime soon? Main reason i bought hd dvd lol - I love those movies

#742 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens /forum/post/13815503

Rhoq, the first Anchor Bay release of HEATHERS is the best. the remastered versions suck, having been noise reduced to softness hell. Now, if this new new NEW release is a NEW master, well, one can only hope.

It's good to know that I've got the best that is currently available, but still it's an injustice that they'd prepare an all-new anniversary edition DVD, but not give it the high def treatment.

#743 ·

Quote:
Not sure if this has been posted (probably) but have they ever mentioned coming out with blu-ray versions of Braveheart and Gladiator?

I have not heard anything and nothing useful came up on a Google search Braveheart or Gladiator. These are two titles that are high up on my list of must haves on Blu-ray. I did how ever hear a rumor that Universal was going to put out The Mummy, Mummy Returns and Scorpion King with a DTS-HD MA track. I hope this is true because those titles would be nice to have lossless. And if so then maybe this means that we can expect to see Gladiator with a DTS-HD MA track as well.

Quote:
Right about now I am going nuts not being able to watch X-MEN 2 (X2) in HD. This is absurd. FOX, get off your @ss and just get on with it!!!!

I feel your pain as I am also wondering when we can expect to see the fist two X-Men on Blu-ray. But now that there is a Wolverine flix coming out, I am willing to bet that they will wait until that hits Blu-ray. Then I figure that X-Men 1 & 2 will then be released on Blu-ray.

Quote:
When will the Island and 13 Ghosts be availible on blu ray in the USA?

While not on the top of my list I still would love to own both these titles as well. I am thinking that we will not see ether one of these until 2009 or 2010, but that is just my guess.

#744 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Moritz /forum/post/13822369

I have not heard anything and nothing useful came up on a Google search Braveheart or Gladiator. These are two titles that are high up on my list of must haves on Blu-ray. I did how ever hear a rumor that Universal was going to put out The Mummy, Mummy Returns and Scorpion King with a DTS-HD MA track. I hope this is true because those titles would be nice to have lossless. And if so then maybe this means that we can expect to see Gladiator with a DTS-HD MA track as well.

Gladiator is out of Universal's hands. Paramount would release it since they own the Dreamworks titles. I know it's a co-production, but in the US, Dreamworks has distribution rights.

#745 ·
This isn't a wish. It's an announcement.

Speed Racer will be the definitive HDM disc.

More clarity than any thing George Lucas has shot. It has zero grain, super sharpness, colors that don't even exist yet and insta-3D pop. And it's mostly cars zipping around performing car-fu and crashing. Plus the score is the shiznit, that's right I didn't even use a real word.

The behind the scenes stuff on the OnDemand channels is HD. So every extra should be in high definition.

I'll finally buy a projector for when this comes out.

For now everyone should go see it. The critics are totally wrong on their reviews. The only other times they got something that wrong was when Episode IV and Bonnie and Clyde were released.

BTW-Episode III might be the companion definitive disc though, based on the sheer awesomeness of the lightsaber and Fox MA tracks.

#746 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowrage /forum/post/13835641

This isn't a wish. It's an announcement.

Speed Racer will be the definitive HDM disc.

More clarity than any thing George Lucas has shot. It has zero grain, super sharpness, colors that don't even exist yet and insta-3D pop. And it's mostly cars zipping around performing car-fu and crashing. Plus the score is the shiznit, that's right I didn't even use a real word.

The behind the scenes stuff on the OnDemand channels is HD. So every extra should be in high definition.

I'll finally buy a projector for when this comes out.

For now everyone should go see it. The critics are totally wrong on their reviews. The only other times they got something that wrong was when Episode IV and Bonnie and Clyde were released.

BTW-Episode III might be the companion definitive disc though, based on the sheer awesomeness of the lightsaber and Fox MA tracks.

I'm not sure if I will like the film (and I'm not the type to buy something just for demo material), but it is refreshing to see a movie that really embraces color rather than obfuscating it. Not that I have a problem with stylized looks, but once in a while it's nice to see something colorful.

#747 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDrexl /forum/post/13835768

I'm not sure if I will like the film (and I'm not the type to buy something just for demo material)

There's nothing wrong with it. The pacing and acting are fine, but there's one scene where, if your mind isn't quick enough, you will miss the major conflict in the story. Years of Gilmore Girls prepared me well though. It stays completely faithful to the original. And anime in general.

I guess if you don't understand or appreciate anime, you will be more inclined not to like it. But I will bet that you would buy it just for demo material.

Every single second is astonishing. It's pretty much unabashed entertainment mixed with pure creativity, with a budget.

I want a red scarf with the BD.

#749 ·
Hi all.

I know this classic show is in a legal quagmire, with neither Fox nor WB ready to make an agreement... but is anyone even still trying? Have negotiations completely ceased? Seems like everything else even remotely Batman-related has been released over the past five years, except for this, which is arguably the most lucrative Batman property out there (possibly excepting the 90s movies).

I know better than to get my hopes up, but has there been ANY effort made on this at all?

#750 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowrage /forum/post/13835641

i don't think star wars is owned by fox

lucas pays fox money to distribute it, but he does everything in his studio including providing the budget so he retains the rights

so just bc fox uses dts-ma doesn't mean he will

#751 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowrage View Post

I agree with rsigley that Fox does not own any of the Star Wars movies. Lucas owns them outright and because he does and because of his involvement with Dolby Labs. The fact that Fox loves to use DTS-HD MA means nothing, Lucas will most likely use Dolby True HD if he offers a lossless at all. While I personally love DTS product and have been a stong DTS supporter in the past as well as now. Dolby True HD is very impressive and if Lucas does master Star Wars on Blu-ray with Dolby True HD and it is mixed properly, dam its going to sound freakin awsume!
The only question that remains is when will we see these films on Blu-ray. Since IMHO Lucas is not the visionary he claims to be I do not see Star Wars being released on Blu-ray any time soon. Fox could bug him and so could the fans of the films but Lucas is going to do only what Lucas wants to do. Lucas will wait and he will make us wait as he will not help launch a format. I am willing to bet that if Blu-ray was launched by his good friend Ray Dolby that Star Wars would be out already and he would help launch the format. But this is obviously just my opinion, Lucas is involved with theater presentation but does not really push home video presentation.

If Star Wars comes out by the end of 2010 I will be amazed and thrilled. I would like to see at least the newer Star Wars trilogy being offered with a 7.1 lossless audio mix.