AVS Forum banner

The Official Pioneer 9G non-Elite KURO Owner's Discussion Thread

2M views 15K replies 2K participants last post by  John Hooper 
#1 ·
#83 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebarnman /forum/post/13988613

I am, but I'm waiting for the 2.0 Pioneer Blu-ray player...

There is a Pioneer Blu-ray thread, and on it they are talking about a new "Flagship" 2.0 player ... Chris (the Pioneer contact) mentioned Robert saw it in CA. I am waiting to hear more detail on the 2.0 before going totally 'Elite'

I would 'assume' the 2.0 would allow me to update Firmware for the Blu-ray itself ... but would it also allow me to update Firmware for a connected Pioneer Receiver and Display?

P.S. all the talk about the 6020's being shipped, and all the Poster's who claimed to pre-order ... I am shocked only 2 reviews so far
... if it were me, I would have stayed up all night playing with my new toy, and then would be bragging about it the next morning!!!

#84 ·
timerwolf:

I wish I had gotten mine to give a review! I preordered but was told that there weren't enough to fill all the preorders. Yet, I have been pm'd by other reputable vendors that they are in stock in their warehouse. Considering canceling my preorder with Invision so I can get it sooner.

#85 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoRish /forum/post/13988030

I am little confused about the distribution of the new 9G panels.

I also called Roberts at Value Electronics last week and he told me that he is out of his quota and his next shipment is end of June. And now today I find out that Chadmak was able to order his 9G panel today and is getting his on Thursday from Robert. I am a little confused as it seems that there are panels available but the process on who gets the panel first is not clear.

Sorry to say we must have mis-informed you we are still shipping 6020s.

-Robert

#87 ·
@Locastor: What kind of stand is that? It looks nice, plenty of space too... Is that a Sega Saturn that my eyes see?? Niiiiiiice!

The 6020's and 151's come with their own stands, correct? Does anyone have any pics of what these stands look like? I haven't seen them, and if they're full stands I'll need to decide whether or not to stick with what comes with, or go out and get another.

TIA!

#89 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo610 /forum/post/13989782

@Locastor: What kind of stand is that? It looks nice, plenty of space too... Is that a Sega Saturn that my eyes see?? Niiiiiiice!

RTA's TVM-060, available from a bunch of retailers. I got mine from TVstands.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Kamikaze=- /forum/post/13989815

Ha ha, a SEGA Saturn. I've got one of those too, wouldn't dream of hooking it up to a flat panel though. Those CRT era consoles look horrible on newer tech televisions.

I'm in the market for a CRT too, but that can wait till I'm out of the apartment. What can't wait is my need to play Guardian Heroes once a week

#91 ·
OMG!

You know this thread is STARVING for pictures when people start showing us pics of their empty stands.

I don't know why, but looking at these pics makes me feel like I'm looking at a puppy in a pet store window.

#92 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonbek777 /forum/post/13984828

Yes, I will just take some subjective thoughts on the buzzing as well. I don't expect a perfectly quiet panel. My hearing is such that I hear buzzing all over the place in my house already and fully expect some buzzing from the 151. What I am concerned about is whether the buzzing is loud enough to break the movie experience in quiet scenes sitting 8 to 10 ft. from the panel. That was one of the things I didn't like about my Toshiba XA2 HD-DVD player. From 8 ft away I could hear it running in quiet scenes. That is also why I will not buy a PS3 either. Of course it will have to be louder than my fridge which I can hear anywhere in my house for some reason for me to really notice to be honest. I am going to have to invest in some sound proofing at some point.

if your panel has the buzzing problem you will not be able to sound proof against it. hopefully you can exchange it and get one that does not buzz noticeably.

#94 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDPeeT /forum/post/13988601

Hi HDPeet,

I am getting a 60in elite in the next few months...but i am going to be moving in Aug 2009.... I`m not gonna have a whole lot of stuff in my apartment other than bed,treadmill ,TV and some small stuff like electronics,computer (I plan to just throw away the rest of the stuff as it is just not worth it)

my biggest concerns-- how much reliable are professional movers with the plasma tv`s asssuming i save my box ...or else should i rent a truck and tow my car and put the plasma tv box in the truck....any suggestions???

#95 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkandra /forum/post/13990958

Hi HDPeet,

I am getting a 60in elite in the next few months...but i am going to be moving in Aug 2009.... I`m not gonna have a whole lot of stuff in my apartment other than bed,treadmill ,TV and some small stuff like electronics,computer (I plan to just throw away the rest of the stuff as it is just not worth it)

my biggest concerns-- how much reliable are professional movers with the plasma tv`s asssuming i save my box ...or else should i rent a truck and tow my car and put the plasma tv box in the truck....any suggestions???

An unusual question for this thread but your key phrase is "professional" mover. A reputable mover will probably be more capable than the trucking firm that delivered the tv. Make sure they are insured in case of any damage that might occur.

#96 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob0405 /forum/post/13991096

An unusual question for this thread but your key phrase is "professional" mover. A reputable mover will probably be more capable than the trucking firm that delivered the tv. Make sure they are insured in case of any damage that might occur.

I apologize for the unusual question but I am being too paranoid after reading all the stuff about dead pixels .... I was debating about waiting for an year but after knowing the fact that the 10G glass will be panasonic manufactured, I decided not to wait anymore and I am trying to figure out all the possibilities to protect this baby during my move next year...

#97 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkandra /forum/post/13990958

Hi HDPeet,

If you keep the box (always a good idea), you should be able to move it without worrying too much. Just make sure whoever is doing the moving keeps the box in the correct position(upright), and not lying flat in the truck/van.

#98 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locastor /forum/post/13989726

Trust me I know the feeling!

Now, I don't wanna make you worry, but is that glass really strong enough to hold a 130lb plamsa? To me, that glass doesn't look like it has much support, and if you have too much weight in the center, the glass could shatter and you'd end up with a $4000 piece of broken electronics. Glass has no "give", it doesn't bend like wood can, it just breaks, that's why you don't see too many floors made out of it.

Stands made out of wood are a much better choice in my opinion, because the wood will have a lot more give to it. It's what I've always used for my +150lb CRTs.

#99 ·
Good Afternoon,

I was planning on buying a Panasonic 65PZ750 when my dealer told me he just received his order of Kuros, so home I came with a PDP-6020FD. Spent all afternoon and evening Saturday hanging an Omnimount wall bracket and getting the panel up on the wall...

Anyway, I started playing with the set this morning, and when I got to the sound menu and started adjusting things, I found that the left side of the speaker bar only emits a little bit of high frequency range, like that of a tweeter, while the right side sounds perfect and full range. Not sure if it was the speaker bar or the tv's audio output amp, I flipped the right and left speaker leads to the back of the tv. Right side sounds fine either way; left side always sounds bad, so I believe the speaker itself is the culprit, with a bad driver on the left side.

Or, am I mistaken, and is this new 6020 series speaker bar really a single channel speaker with the left and right feeds driving low and high frequency sections separately to give some sort of effect?

Can another owner go into their sound menu, and while playing an active channel, fade between the right and left side and see if there's any difference?

Anyone ever have a similar problem with a 6010? Will Pioneer just ship me a new speaker rather than having to haul the whole thing back?

Thanks

Botcher.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.