AVS Forum banner

Wal-Mart throws in $100 gift card with Blu-ray player purchase

22K views 228 replies 96 participants last post by  mahicks 
#1 ·
#102 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gja /forum/post/14038091

Sorry for doubting you mtmcrawford. I went this morning and asked them about the GC. The clerk knew nothing about it. Went ahead and bought the last 1500 they had and low and behold there was the GC in all its glory.

I'll give an update later today, once she's in the system.

No problem, just glad you were able to get it. Please post as soon as you test it as I can't go get mine until later this evening. My daughter has all star softball practice and I coach so that would be hard to get out of, but I'll go grab a sammy 1500 w/ gc later today.

#103 ·
#104 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmcrawford /forum/post/14039456

No problem, just glad you were able to get it. Please post as soon as you test it as I can't go get mine until later this evening. My daughter has all star softball practice and I coach so that would be hard to get out of, but I'll go grab a sammy 1500 w/ gc later today.

Watched the first movie (POTC) and the picture was good but not what I had expected. Note that I have a Mits HC4900 front projector that plays 1080P/60. Picture was good but didn't POP like I saw at BB the other day. Had a problem getting sound at first until I got my 3806 aligned. Sound was really good. Effects were great.

Watched SDDVD Hairspray (no laughing, my daughter wanted to watch it) and upconversion was stellar. Very happy with the picture and again the sound was great.

Will try another Bluray movie later and see if it was just Pirates or if it's the player or settings that didn't shine. My gut tells me it's my settings. Will check back in later.

#105 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gja /forum/post/14039762

Watched the first movie (POTC) and the picture was good but not what I had expected. Note that I have a Mits HC4900 front projector that plays 1080P/60. Picture was good but didn't POP like I saw at BB the other day. Had a problem getting sound at first until I got my 3806 aligned. Sound was really good. Effects were great.

Watched SDDVD Hairspray (no laughing, my daughter wanted to watch it) and upconversion was stellar. Very happy with the picture and again the sound was great.

Will try another Bluray movie later and see if it was just Pirates or if it's the player or settings that didn't shine. My gut tells me it's my settings. Will check back in later.

POTC if I am correct is uncompressed pcm, try a bd that is true hd or hd master if you are using the analog outs with your 3806. I too was forced to watch Hairspray with my wife and daughter so I feel the pain with no laughing. Luckily my 4308 will decode so I am excited about watching pans labyrinth with hd master tonight.

#106 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmcrawford /forum/post/14040079

POTC if I am correct is uncompressed pcm, try a bd that is true hd or hd master if you are using the analog outs with your 3806. I too was forced to watch Hairspray with my wife and daughter so I feel the pain with no laughing. Luckily my 4308 will decode so I am excited about watching pans labyrinth with hd master tonight.

You guys are lucky to have found a 1500. I gotta convince my family that today is the day, but my wife is a "present on father's day kinda a girl". I doubt there will be much left to choose from by then--maybe the Magnavox or Panasonic,if I'm lucky. The pisser is, we may just go to WM today for a grocery run. Wish me luck.

#107 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabkab /forum/post/14040193

You guys are lucky to have found a 1500. I gotta convince my family that today is the day, but my wife is a "present on father's day kinda a girl". I doubt there will be much left to choose from by then--maybe the Magnavox or Panasonic,if I'm lucky. The pisser is, we may just go to WM today for a grocery run. Wish me luck.

Boy sometimes they stick the knife in AND twist.

#109 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamovie /forum/post/14041247

hey guys

3 questions

whats the difference between 40gb ps3 and 80gb ps3 other than harddrive

does bestbuy match the walmart deal $399.99 w/GC

how about magnavox bluray player does this have ethernet port/comes with giftcard

80g SACD playback, 80% backward compatability with PS2games and maybe(some have/some haven't) but WM should have them too. on the GC

no ethernet port on the Magnavox

#110 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamovie /forum/post/14041247

hey guys

3 questions

whats the difference between 40gb ps3 and 80gb ps3 other than harddrive

does bestbuy match the walmart deal $399.99 w/GC

how about magnavox bluray player does this have ethernet port/comes with giftcard

I assume you are refering to the bundle coming out this week. The 80GB has a bigger drive, can play PS2 games (the 40GB can't). The bundle also come with a rumble joystick and a game.

#113 ·
My Walmart has the Panny 1500 in stock but says that it is not on sale. They want $448 for it. Is there any way to verify $348 as the advertised price?

Edit: I checked the online flyer and it says the unit is $448. What's up with the reduced price purchases?

#115 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabkab /forum/post/14040193

I gotta wait a month till I can use my PS3. At least its only a week for you!

#117 ·
Ok, accepting that I have the manufacturer (Samsung, I know) wrong but not the model number why is the price $448 and people are buying it for $348?

#118 ·
When I was in Wally World 3 or 4 days ago they had the Samsung 1500 listed for 348.99(That was before the sale started on the 8th which added the stand alone players to the GC offer) if they have raised the price to 448.99 how unethical but then again we are talking Corporate America.But if I remember right the Panasonic was listed at 448.99

#119 ·
Just got back from BB and showed the ads of WM with 100 GC for any bluray, Showed them my receipt of sammy 1500 that I bought with BB 3 weeks ago they gave me the giftcard with no questions ask, This is the Bestbuy in Renton WA they are really nice.

#120 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowcanary73 /forum/post/14041586

When I was in Wally World 3 or 4 days ago they had the Samsung 1500 listed for 348.99(That was before the sale started on the 8th which added the stand alone players to the GC offer) if they have raised the price to 448.99 how unethical but then again we are talking Corporate America.

I was in WM I am sure this is a mistake because they have bd30 for 448.99 not the sammy 1500.

#122 ·
Just got done watching Ratatouille with the clan. MUCH MUCH MUCH better!!! Picture was great. Jumped off the screen in a couple of scenes. Did have a couple of drop outs though. Need to check that out. Tomorrow night is No Country for Old Men. Heard it's supposed to be good for sound AND picture.

vamovie, not sure if BB will match or not. Guess it depends on where you are. I called local BB here in NH and they said no matching. Granted that was over the phone. Maybe in person would have been different. Was only checking because WM had only 1 1500 left and I was expecting it to be gone.

#124 ·
The WM raised the price of the 1500 to 388 from 348 a couple of days ago. Panasonic still 448 and the Magnavox was 298. Still playerless is Sarasota. I was told my present was already bought

#125 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gja /forum/post/14041831

Just got done watching Ratatouille with the clan. MUCH MUCH MUCH better!!! Picture was great. Jumped off the screen in a couple of scenes. Did have a couple of drop outs though. Need to check that out. Tomorrow night is No Country for Old Men. Heard it's supposed to be good for sound AND picture.

vamovie, not sure if BB will match or not. Guess it depends on where you are. I called local BB here in NH and they said no matching. Granted that was over the phone. Maybe in person would have been different. Was only checking because WM had only 1 1500 left and I was expecting it to be gone.

gja, are you bitstreaming via HDMI to a 1.3 receiver?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.