AVS Forum banner

The Godfather Trilogy

75K views 661 replies 212 participants last post by  Panson 
#1 ·
 http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/p...8/06/30/LAM510

Quote:
More than three decades after they won the Academy Award(R) for Best Picture, director Francis Ford Coppola's classic films The Godfather and The Godfather, Part II will once again be enjoyed by audiences as they originally were meant to be seen, thanks to a meticulous restoration by Paramount Pictures, overseen by Coppola himself. On September 23, 2008, both fully restored films will debut on DVD and Blu-ray, along with a newly remastered version of The Godfather Part III, to be included as part of The Godfather, The Coppola Restoration Collection. All three films will be available individually or in a five-DVD collection or four-disc Blu-ray collection, which are loaded with a host of all-new special features.
Quote:
THE GODFATHER: The Coppola Restoration Blu-ray Collection

THE GODFATHER: The Coppola Restoration Blu-ray four-disc set is presented in 1080p high definition with English 5.1 Dolby TrueHD, French 5.1 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital and English Mono (except The Godfather: Part III) and English, English SDH, French, Spanish and Portuguese subtitles. The following special features are presented in high definition as noted:

Disc 1:

-- The Godfather feature film

-- Commentary by director Francis Ford Coppola

Disc 2:

-- The Godfather, Part II feature film

Disc 3:

-- The Godfather, Part III feature film

Disc 4:

-- Godfather World (HD)

-- The Masterpiece That Almost Wasn't (HD)

-- ... when the shooting stopped (HD)

-- Emulsional Rescue-Revealing The Godfather (HD)

-- The Godfather on the Red Carpet (HD)

-- Four Short Films on The Godfather

o The Godfather vs. The Godfather, Part II (HD)

o Cannoli (HD)

o Riffing on the Riffing (HD)

o Clemenza (HD)

-- The Family Tree

-- Crime Organization Chart

-- Connie and Carlo's Wedding Album

Disc 4 (cont'd):

2001 DVD Archive:

-- Behind the Scenes

o The Godfather Family: A Look Inside

o On Location

o Francis Coppola's Notebook

o The Music of the Godfather

o Coppola & Puzo on Screenwriting

o Gordon Willis on Cinematography

o Storyboards from The Godfather, Part II

o Storyboards from The Godfather, Part III

o The Godfather Behind the Scenes 1971

-- The Filmmakers

o Francis Ford Coppola

o Mario Puzo

o Gordon Willis

o Dean Tavoularis

o Nino Rota

o Carmine Coppola

-- Additional Scenes

-- Acclaim & Response

-- Trailers (HD)

-- Photo Gallery

-- Rogues' Gallery
Quote:
THE GODFATHER: The Coppola Restoration

Street Date: September 23, 2008

Pricing: $19.99 U.S. (Each Individual DVD)

$72.99 U.S. (Five-DVD Collection)

$119.99 U.S. (Four-disc Blu-ray Collection)

Runtime: 177 minutes (The Godfather)

202 minutes (The Godfather, Part II)

170 minutes (The Godfather, Part III)

Ratings: R (U.S.)/18A (Canada)-The Godfather

R (U.S.)/14A (Canada)-The Godfather, Part II

R (U.S.)/14A (Canada)-The Godfather, Part III

#4 ·
All 3 films and HD featurettes?

I'm so there!

#5 ·
Not sure if I like the Blu-ray set being more than 1 1/2 times the cost of the DVD version, but this is Godfather I & II we're talking about here, so I know I'll buy it regardless.

And as geeked as I am about the Dolby TrueHD tracks, I think I'm more excited about the mono tracks being included this time around. Very nice, Paramount and Coppola!

#13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin /forum/post/14189125

just make sure you buy it we don't want to hear BigDad is sleeping with the fishes

Where are you planning on watching it? Me, I'll be watching it IN MY HOME!!! IN MY BEDROOM WHERE MY WIFE SLEEPS!!!

#17 ·
BRING IT ON!

This is likely the landmark release for 2008. I'm drooling to see this restored, and they picked the right guys to do it right!

#18 ·
Now Sept. is the number 1 catalog month for sure.

#19 ·
never seen the movies and have resisted to watch on dvd since i got into hd arena... the wait will soon be over.

#22 ·
When I first saw they announced they were selling individually, I was thinking of getting one-at-a-time, however after seeing the contents of Disc Four, i'll have to purchase the box set. Dang... that's alot of money all at one time!! I might have to make that an investment project...lol!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.