AVS Forum banner

*Official* Asus Xonar HDAV1.3 thread

Tags
asus nvidia
1M views 10K replies 665 participants last post by  garethk1979 
#1 ·
I think it's coming soon. ASUS usually doesn't have a hint of product info until right before the release:
http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=25&l2=150
http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1...55&modelmenu=1
http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1...55&modelmenu=2

No drivers yet though.

Any thoughts on when this is pop out of ASUS?

Has anyone else noticed the added product page? I'm almost certain that by now, the 4000-series ATI cards will have only limited LPCM with no PAP and so no different than the analog I'm using now.

#53 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbunnysoulja /forum/post/14442893

Is it possible to still use VGA for video from my current video card, and just run HDMI out from the Xonar to my receiver for audio?

With my 8500 GT to my Sammy 6187, IMO, the pq is better (and easier to get 1:1) via VGA.

you need to have some HDMI in to this card and this card will add the rich color and bit stream and send it out from the HDMI out port to your AVR.

#54 ·

Quote:

Is it possible to still use VGA for video from my current video card, and just run HDMI out from the Xonar to my receiver for audio?

With my 8500 GT to my Sammy 6187, IMO, the pq is better (and easier to get 1:1) via VGA.

I do not know. HDMI audio must be inserted between video segments. I think this card will create blank video if an audio only source is used.

You might be able to send video to the TV and audio to the AVR.

#55 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingernst /forum/post/14444111

can someone make a image /zip File of the drivers and updates? Thats not illegal, I´m not speaking about protectet Video Software...thanks...

Please don´t clear my reply again

the card is not available yet, also asus posted only the manual on their site, no drivers yet

#57 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrsage /forum/post/14444357

I do not know. HDMI audio must be inserted between video segments. I think this card will create blank video if an audio only source is used.

You might be able to send video to the TV and audio to the AVR.

I will deal with HDMI for video if I have to, but yes, I would like to send VGA directly to the TV, and HDMI to the receiver for audio.

#58 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbunnysoulja /forum/post/14444960

I will deal with HDMI for video if I have to, but yes, I would like to send VGA directly to the TV, and HDMI to the receiver for audio.

I doubt anyone can confirm that until after the card released. We just not sure if you don't plug the HDMI in to this card, will it have any problem such as sync is one thing that I can think of right away. Even work, it might have other problems... Once we have that in hand, I sure can let you know. But before that except Asus please don't take it as official answer yet.

#59 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlkc /forum/post/14445008

I doubt anyone can confirm that until after the card released. We just not sure if you don't plug the HDMI in to this card, will it have any problem such as sync is one thing that I can think of right away. Even work, it might have other problems... Once we have that in hand, I sure can let you know. But before that except Asus please don't take it as official answer yet.

Sounds good.

#62 ·

Quote:

Just an idea, you could set up dual output (Clone wouldn't work) with the primary being VGA and secondary being HDMI. Connect VGA to your Panny and loop the HDMI through the Xonar into your AVR. The HDMI wont be empty just a blank windows desktop although be careful you don't lose the mouse

#64 ·
I noticed US Asus updated 8 Aug and Taiwan Asus update 15 Aug. Fridays? Manuals still 404

#67 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreydeng /forum/post/14465892

It shouldn't be that hard for them to add bitstreming into either video card or the IGP. AMD 48xx supports HDMI muti-channel PCM like a free gift on top of the video function. I still don't understand why it is hard to get a solution out.

The protected audio path has to have been designed in from the beginning. It is not something which can be added later (in hardware). It either has the PAP/PAVP hardware already or it never will.

#70 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethhoeiland /forum/post/14466909

Available for preorder in Norway

I have placed an order for the card with online retailer komplett.no

Estimated date for shipment of the card is August 23, 2008 (unconfirmed)

Can't wait to bitstream my collection of HD DVD and Blu-Ray from my trusty HTPC.

Kenneth

What price is the preorder?

Any idea to what that equates to in GBP£ and US$

Thanks....

#71 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by R10KYJ /forum/post/14467080

What price is the preorder?

Any idea to what that equates to in GBP£ and US$

Thanks....

It is 380 USD

Or 200 GBP

It's expensive being norwegian.. Normally the "reality" rate of exchange for us is 1 USD equals 10 NOK. If a produkt is 200 USD it will be 2000 NOK regardless of exchange rates (the current exchange rate for usd is 1 USD equals 5.40 NOK)

Kenneth

#72 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrsage /forum/post/14466072

The protected audio path has to have been designed in from the beginning. It is not something which can be added later (in hardware). It either has the PAP/PAVP hardware already or it never will.

What exactly is PAP/PAVP hardware? Is it just HDMI/HDCP to encrypt the output? It doesn't include some kind of hardware interface for the PCI-e bus, does it? I don't see how they could somehow change that standard to suit the whims of Hollywood . . .

#73 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethhoeiland /forum/post/14467085

It is 380 USD

Or 200 GBP

It's expensive being norwegian.. Normally the "reality" rate of exchange for us is 1 USD equals 10 NOK. If a produkt is 200 USD it will be 2000 NOK regardless of exchange rates (the current exchange rate for usd is 1 USD equals 5.40 NOK)

Kenneth

$380 will be leaving me waiting for another year for something else. I can build an HTPC for that (just did actually) and although I want HD audio, it isn't worth the cost of more than a stand alone.

#75 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyDora /forum/post/14468916

WOW! $380? Can you PM your build list (parts)? Thanks.

Considering you have purchased 313 discs of a Dead format and 250 discs of a more expensive format, does the price of the computer really matter to you? That is a heck of a lot of discs!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.