AVS Forum banner

Iron Man Blu-ray 9/30

139K views 1K replies 365 participants last post by  lgans316 
#1 ·
September is going to be very expensive with Transformers, Iron Man, Kill Bill 1 & 2 just to name a few.

i know you guys want proof and i've taken a screenshot of the files i got my hands on that were from USB drives loaded with promo material.

i dont have any picture hosting services so if someone would host the pic pls send me a pm. other files found in the drive include intros to the extras material in the movie.

EDIT: Thanks to msgohan for hosting the pic.

See less See more
#577 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland /forum/post/14767662

Describe what the chapt 11 stuff is...

Does chapt 11 only sound horrible of you have DRC engaged (or on AUTO)?

Or is the track fully defective and will sound terrible on any player?

I assume that if you decode to LPCM on HDMI you are OK?

Thanks!

I hope they get back to us on this so i can determine if i need to replace my copy or whether its just player related stuff.

Can we blog here now or is that for paid up AVS members only ?

#578 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat121 /forum/post/14768102

I'd say lucky you. My distribution center is rght in the same area. It seems Amazon throttles select accounts in order to push you buy their Premier membership.

Throttling select accounts? That's ridiculous. That wouldn't "push you to buy their premier membership." It should push you to "go to another retailer."

I'm perfectly happy with my Amazon Prime membership. We send stuff to friends and family in CA, NY, NV, FL, NJ, MA and have about 20-30 things sent to us every year, too. For teh $80 I spend on Prime, I get $400-$500 of 2nd day shipping to anywhere in the country. Sounds like a bargain to me.

#579 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferax /forum/post/14767862

Does prime applies to any purchase on any amazon store or only on the US one? If so that would be a great deal when you buy lots of stuff from .jp, .uk or .fr

I honestly don't know, as I've never tried to use Prime on any of the other Amazon sites. You might want to shoot them a quick e-mail and ask them if the membership covers the other countries - it's worth a shot if you buy a lot of imports/foreign titles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat121 /forum/post/14765495

The only difference between Prime and non-prime is $80/y in exchange for faster shipping. You don't need pay a dime for items that are qualified for Pirme if you're willing to wait a few extra days.

I'm not patient enough to wait for the free "super saver" shipping, so I would be paying for faster shipping whether I was a Prime member or not. After all, not only is the actual shipping time longer with that method, you also have to wait several days (usually) for them to ship the order in the first place. Plus, you have to make sure each purchase totals $25 or more in order to qualify when using super saver, which is not the case when you have Prime.

Again, it may not "dollar out" for you, but it saves me a ton of money. I would be paying significantly more throughout the year without Prime and that's a fact. It's simple math.

#580 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeb /forum/post/14768270

I honestly don't know, as I've never tried to use Prime on any of the other Amazon sites. You might want to shoot them a quick e-mail and ask them if the membership covers the other countries - it's worth a shot if you buy a lot of imports/foreign titles.

I'm fairly certain it doesn't apply to other Amazon sites. I have never received it on purchases from the UK site.

#581 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDad /forum/post/14768127

I just picked up a copy at the local Wal-Mart. It does have the replacement UPC.

Ditto here. Just walked in, bought it, walked out. (Not too many copies though 9 or 10, and the guy said I was the third guy in a row to walk into the electronics department to buy it on Blu-ray.)

It's the new UPC on mine as well.

Maybe there'll be a mini-rush for those who are worried that they won't be able to procure a copy due to the recall, but so far it looks like Paramount beat the buzzer for the most part.

#582 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirpie /forum/post/14768398

Ditto here. Just walked in, bought it, walked out. (Not too many copies though 9 or 10, and the guy said I was the third guy in a row to walk into the electronics department to buy it on Blu-ray.)

It's the new UPC on mine as well.

Maybe there'll be a mini-rush for those who are worried that they won't be able to procure a copy due to the recall, but so far it looks like Paramount beat the buzzer for the most part.

Well, I had a helluva time getting the disc to play on my PS3. It would not get past the java loading screen. I finally tried disabling the BD internet connection - and it loaded right up. So I'm thinking I got one of the defective discs - and they just slapped a new UPC sticker on the box.

#583 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDad /forum/post/14768460

Well, I had a helluva time getting the disc to play on my PS3. It would not get past the java loading screen. I finally tried disabling the BD internet connection - and it loaded right up. So I'm thinking I got one of the defective discs - and they just slapped a new UPC sticker on the box.

Since it was the first time you were playing it, it may have just been downloading some extra content from the internet.

#589 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDad /forum/post/14768460

No problem was reported with old UPC disc on PS3 to begin with. Time will tell regarding the new UPC disc but David V. got it and confirmed on another forum it loaded on PS3 and BD30 no problem.

#590 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassmonkeee /forum/post/14768256

Throttling select accounts? That's ridiculous. That wouldn't "push you to buy their premier membership." It should push you to "go to another retailer."

I'm perfectly happy with my Amazon Prime membership. We send stuff to friends and family in CA, NY, NV, FL, NJ, MA and have about 20-30 things sent to us every year, too. For teh $80 I spend on Prime, I get $400-$500 of 2nd day shipping to anywhere in the country. Sounds like a bargain to me.

Ridiculous....Well no matter what you think of their practice... Thats what they do.

#591 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tqlla /forum/post/14768657

Ridiculous....Well no matter what you think of their practice... Thats what they do.

I know there is a delay when you select Supersaver shipping. I'm just saying that it's not simply to "make you buy their premier service." There are other factors, too.

#592 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsweetness /forum/post/14768175

Picked mine up at Target this morning for the exclusive packaging. They had about 10 or so out on the shelf. The box is huge, about the size of a VHS tape. The mask itself is flat on the bottom and will stand upright on its own, so I may just put it out and toss the box in a closet somewhere

Here's a few pictures:

Just picked this up from Target as well; it was the only Blu-Ray version they carried, and to be honest I don't care for the goofy non-standard case at all. After getting back to my computer, I found that my nearest Best Buy had the regular-boxed Iron Man in stock, so I put in an order for store-pickup later today and will return this goofy mask thing to Target.

#597 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper /forum/post/14768871

There's an easy way to tell if you have the old or new disc. if you have the old one both the feature film disc and the second disc are gray. If you have the new one the special features disc is gray and the feature film disc is a bluish color.

Ahh....very interesting. Didn't know that.

#599 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerfish /forum/post/14768904

Which explains the blue in the pic above in the Target exclusive.....good news than that its corrected. Going to pick it up later today. Im a sucker for these crazy and unique packages.

if it were a metal case, I'd be right there with you picking it up, but the plastic just looks a little too cheap.

#601 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper /forum/post/14768871

There's an easy way to tell if you have the old or new disc. if you have the old one both the feature film disc and the second disc are gray. If you have the new one the special features disc is gray and the feature film disc is a bluish color.

Thanks. Well that takes care of that issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.