AVS Forum banner

Iron Man Blu-ray 9/30

139K views 1K replies 365 participants last post by  lgans316 
#1 ·
September is going to be very expensive with Transformers, Iron Man, Kill Bill 1 & 2 just to name a few.

i know you guys want proof and i've taken a screenshot of the files i got my hands on that were from USB drives loaded with promo material.

i dont have any picture hosting services so if someone would host the pic pls send me a pm. other files found in the drive include intros to the extras material in the movie.

EDIT: Thanks to msgohan for hosting the pic.

See less See more
#753 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutlian /forum/post/14772906

Hi there:

I have an Onkyo 705 and I know that in my bluray player I have the DRC turned off and my Onkyo does all the bitstreaming/decoding and I am not sure how to turn it off/auto/on dang I am not even sure how it is set up right now. so just toggle the WHAT button over the remote? which button in the remote? So I will be watching the IRONMAN tonight so I should turn off the latenight mode/DRC off or should I do this everytime I watch TRUEHD tracks. Thanks please advise....and when I'm done with IRONMAN should I leave it to OFF or AUTO mode if OFF does it effect the DTS HD MASTER tracks and PCM. Thanks.

Peter

This only affects TrueHD tracks that are bitstreamed (and maybe DD+?
). Just hit the button on your Onkyo remote labled "L NIGHT" on the bottom right corner until night mode shows "OFF" on the front display for TrueHD tracks. No need to turn back to auto after the movie, but once the Onkyo goes into standby it will revert back to "Auto" so next time you play a TrueHD track you will need to turn it to "OFF" again. No big deal, just something you need to get in the habbit of doing.

#754 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kainofury /forum/post/14771776

I just opened my blu ray version that I purchased from best buy. I put it in my ps3 and it sat at the loading screen for a good 5-10 minutes. It works, but i was curious if anyone else ran into this issue.

Mine is doing the same thing. It has been a few minutes so far and it still hasn't come up yet on the PS3.

With my LG BH200 combo player and the Panny BD30, the disc menu came up in a few seconds. More reasons why I need to get a standalone player capable of profile 2.0 instead of having to rely on the PS3 for 2.0 content.

#755 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian-HD /forum/post/14773032

Denon also

Once you turn it off on my Denon 3808 it stays off.

#758 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt /forum/post/14773313

Mine is doing the same thing. It has been a few minutes so far and it still hasn't come up yet on the PS3.

With my LG BH200 combo player and the Panny BD30, the disc menu came up in a few seconds. More reasons why I need to get a standalone player capable of profile 2.0 instead of having to rely on the PS3 for 2.0 content.

Standalone 2.0 players are doing the same thing. See:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1#post14773324

#759 ·
Update: Another workaround in the PS3 Blu-ray movie setting, set BD Live to Ask than Allow. This confirms the hanging is caused by BD Live.

Sometimes the BD Live feature is more problem than worth while. When I got Transformers on HD DVD, it had the same problem. At least Transformers on Blu-ray fixed the problem accessing BD Live.

#760 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbass2k /forum/post/14773258

I just watched that scene on the R1 Retail DVD and that same scene is absent as well. I know for a fact that scene was in the movie when I went to the theater on the Friday Iron Man opened (I remembered the Myspace joke and the explosive landing right next to him), oh well.....that was quite an effective scene that they should have left in.

Those portions of the scene are on my BD. The guy in the back of the Humvee (sitting next to Tony) asks if he can have a picture with Tony. Tony says 'sure', then the guy throws up a peace sign. Tony says "no gang signs, though", then tells him he was just kidding. Right after that, the car in front of them gets bombed. Everyone in the Humvee gets offed, one by one, then Tony gets out and tries to use his phone. Just then, the bomb with 'Stark Industries' lands in the ground next to him.

That stuff is on my BD.

Are we talking about the same scenes?

#761 ·
2 hours and still nothing. I am on a PS3. I appreciate the tip about turning off BD Internet connection since that got me into the movie, but I am trying to download the Live content agin and its still sitting there after another 20 minutes...

#763 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt /forum/post/14773313

LG BH 200 and BD 30 are not Profile 2.0 players. All profile 2.0 players share the same problem as your PS3. More reason to have a non-profile 2.0 players. It get's the main job, watching a moview, done faster instead of competing with millions of other movies fans across the America to download something off the crowded server for nothing.

#764 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by chix /forum/post/14773338

Standalone 2.0 players are doing the same thing. See:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1#post14773324

Yes I just saw this. If all 2.0 discs were going to even take a few minutes then they might as well not even do anything with proifle 2.0.

None of my HD DVD discs to this long to load.

It's been well over 10 minutes on the PS3 and it still hasn't loaded.

#765 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenike /forum/post/14773157

To those whose PS3s have finished the download of the BD-Live content, could you confirm the size of the file? It's in the Movies --> BD Data folder.

It's 12MB in size. I personally think the BD-Live download shouldn't start unless you choose to view BD-Live content. I'm sure J6Ps are watching this on their internet-connected PS3's and pulling their hair out while the "blue ring of death" is showing up on their screen for extended amounts of time.

Either that, or Paramount needs to majorly fatten up their pipes for BD-Live downloads, at least on the official street date.

#767 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat121 /forum/post/14773383

LG BH 200 and BD 30 are not Profile 2.0 players. All profile 2.0 players share the same problem as your PS3. More reason to have a non-profile 2.0 players. It get's the main job, watching a moview, done faster instead of competing with millions of other movies fans across the America to download something off the crowded server for nothing.

On other profile 2.0 titles downloads only took a few seconds. I could download an HD trailer in under a minute with my 50mbs connection. They need a way to bypass this if the connection is so slow. someone has not been thinking ahead if this is being caused by slow servers.

#768 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt /forum/post/14773410

On other profile 2.0 titles downloads only took a few seconds. I could download an HD trailer in under a minute with my 50mbs connection. They need a way to bypass this if the connection is so slow. someone has not been thinking ahead if this is being caused by slow servers.

This arguably is the biggest BD release of the year. Hence much heavier download. Like I said, movie studios never learn (from their past screw ups of the similar thing on HD DVD).

#769 ·
No hangups with the Sony 350 whatsoever; of course, I don't have it connected online because I don't care for any BD LIVE stuff. By the time my projector came on, the movie was already at the menu, didn't even see the LOADING icon at all.

#770 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbass2k /forum/post/14773258

I just watched that scene on the R1 Retail DVD and that same scene is absent as well. I know for a fact that scene was in the movie when I went to the theater on the Friday Iron Man opened (I remembered the Myspace joke and the explosive landing right next to him), oh well.....that was quite an effective scene that they should have left in.

The explosive lands next to him on the BD also.

#771 ·
So all f this audio issue talk has me wondering if I even have my sound set up correctly on my PS3...

Can anyone confirm what my BD sound output should be at on the PS3? Bitstream or PCM to get the TrueHD audio?

(I have a Denon 3808 if that helps)...

Thanks!

#772 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm_B /forum/post/14773435

No hangups with the Sony 350 whatsoever; of course, I don't have it connected online because I don't care for any BD LIVE stuff. By the time my projector came on, the movie was already at the menu, didn't even see the LOADING icon at all.

It's BD Live that is slowing it down. Just yank the network cable. Should load fine without BD Live. Or just be patient and in around 5-10 minutes the movie will start...

#773 ·
It does take some time on a PS3. Mine took 15 minutes or so. It's just loading the Live content. It's not a 'bug'.

#774 ·
After 2 hours I ditched it. Then loaded it without the network connection and went right in. I'll try the 2.0 content tomorrow.

#775 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by av.pallino /forum/post/14773457

It's BD Live that is slowing it down. Just yank the network cable. Should load fine without BD Live. Or just be patient and in around 5-10 minutes the movie will start...

Yep, and that's one of the reasons I never connect my Blu Ray player online; heck, even for updates I usually burn a disc rather than connect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.