AVS Forum banner

"Fringe" on Fox HD

462K views 6K replies 422 participants last post by  tonycsmoke 
#1 ·
Can't wait for this. Probably similar to "Lost". Storylines can get screwy sometimes

See less See more
#453 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrmoGamecoq /forum/post/14783922

Because bald guys are always from the future.

A buddy of mine who is "follicly challenged" always says it's because "his kind" are simply further evolved than those of us with luxurious manes. He cites apes, which have lots of hair and never lose any of it, as an example.

But it was more his robotic mannerisms and futuristic binoculars than lack of hair which led me to the time-travel speculation. Or, he could be an advance scout from an alien race. There was a comic book series I read when I was a kid, can't remember the name of it now ("Total War", maybe?), which had as a premise an invasion of earth by an advanced race of bald, completely hairless fanatics. The whole planet was at war with these guys, who teleported themselves and their equipment in. I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility that JJ is familiar with it and has incorporated some of it into this show.

#454 ·
This was actually my deciding episode on whether to keep recording it or not. It was actually my favorite so far, so I'll keep watching it. Not having Walter's whacky invention of the week was nice.

Still don't really like any of the characters (Walter included) and the plot device of "Walter has whacky idea and son mocks him and they have an argument but it turns out Walter was right all along" grates on my nerves. Reminds me of Scully in X-Files who no matter what happened or what she saw or what she experienced, was always the doubter.

#456 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrmoGamecoq /forum/post/14783789

Look for next week's plot to involve the team investigating a series of deaths involving huge letters falling from the sky.

Very clever! Thanks for the laugh, Irmo.

With whom is the hairless dude talking on his old-fashioned walkie-talkie?

Will Astrid forgive Walter?

Will Freckles kill her ex...again?

Is SBB (Skinny, Bald Boss) working another angle?

How did Sock-Hat read minds with those wired nostril-marshmallows?

What kind of weapon was Sock-Hat weilding?

Will Walter and Hairless continue helping one another?

#458 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAM4UK /forum/post/14784081

Is SBB (Skinny, Bald Boss) working another angle?

I like the acronym but we need to go one further: SSNBB (Skinny, Straight-necked, Bald Boss)

I don't think I've seen the guy's head move on an axis independent of his body yet.

I'm sure the cause has its roots in some experiment Walter performed back in the 70's.

#459 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrmoGamecoq /forum/post/14784196

I like the acronym but we need to go one further: SSNBB (Skinny, Straight-necked, Bald Boss)

I don't think I've seen the guy's head move on an axis independent of his body yet.

I'm sure the cause has its roots in some experiment Walter performed back in the 70's.

I just hope he gets killed off so he can come back to LOST as the skinny, straight-necked, bald "Abbadon" (SSNBA). Although I'm sure JJ could approve a cross-network temporary transfer, if need be.

#462 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy /forum/post/14784375

He wouldn't have been alone in that assumption. I know I predicted opposite trajectories for this show and T:SCC. Looks like Dr. House has saved another "patient".

I will be truly disappointed if TSCC gets the can, but this show, not so much.

I will be sure to seek out more stuff with crazy ol' Denethor/Walter in it though.

#463 ·
After this last episode it seems that Walter's son has "seen the light" and will not blow his dad's statements off as easily as he did before.

They now have a backstory to carry them through the season if not longer ala watchers, Massive D and the Pattern.

Lots of easter eggs in these episodes as well.

http://eastereggs.fringetelevision.com/

#464 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongohawk /forum/post/14782390

The Bald guy was in last weeks episode. If you don't believe me, go to hulu.com and pull up last weeks Fringe episode #3. You will need to fast forward to 42:30 and look for him on the side inside the train.

Hey! That's pretty awesome!

The more I watch Fringe the more I think it's a classic example of a show that needed time to find its groove.

The last episode was a nice, solid episode along the lines of what the show is meant to be. It's a little further out than you will ever be comfortable with, and that's the show's whole hook.

There are a lot of things going on in the background that mean something. Oh, and the cow is still there. That makes me feel good, despite the obvious issues with keeping a clean lab with a cow around.

More Walter this week. Always good.

Heck, even the plot about The Pattern wasn't half bad. Of course, this week's Pattern plot didn't invoke EvilCo, so perhaps we're onto something: the Pattern is cool, EvilCo is lame.

And, as always: enough with those stoopid letters.

#465 ·
Walter was building one of his classic moments this week with his insistent behavior of good morning greeting every single agent encountered on the way to the strange object.
He's such a clown!

#466 ·
The name of the actor who plays the bald guy is Michael Cerveris. He is a Tony Award winning Broadway musical theater guy. He has added to the air of mystery about this show. As did a lot of others, I enjoyed this week's episode again although Anna Torv's nearly catatonic acting style is finally beginning to wear on me a bit. Peter's new commitment to the mission, whatever it may be, is refreshing. I like Joshua Jackson, who plays Peter, a lot.

Finally, I have to renew my support for the funky, comic book like graphic titles at the beginning of some scenes. I think it adds something to the show, don't ask me what, though.

#467 ·
gwsat, it is certainly fair for you to defend the onscreen title graphics, but even you cannot say what value they add. For me, they draw the viewer out of the drama/mystery. "Hey, look at this fancy graphic! You're watching the work of someone who wants to show off his skill with Boris Graphics Red (or other program)."

#468 ·
Liked the ep...like the graphics...it's getting better though Mon-Teus are way too loaded with recordable shows. I'll hang in there for awhile.

#470 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy /forum/post/14783994

But it was more his robotic mannerisms and futuristic binoculars than lack of hair which led me to the time-travel speculation. Or, he could be an advance scout from an alien race.

I can see robot, imperfectly engineered clone scout created by NiceCo or a rogue EvilCo employee but not an alien.

Unless of course they were talking out of their rears when they said "this show isn't really what I would call science fiction."

Time travel, maybe. Based on the tech alone I don't see that as likely. I thought the point of the show was that this sort of tech has been hidden science for a long time, so seeing it used could just mean it's one more thing escaped from EvilCo's R&D department.

#472 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAM4UK /forum/post/14787525

gwsat, it is certainly fair for you to defend the onscreen title graphics, but even you cannot say what value they add. For me, they draw the viewer out of the drama/mystery. "Hey, look at this fancy graphic! You're watching the work of someone who wants to show off his skill with Boris Graphics Red (or other program)."

The primary reason I like the graphics is their graphic novel style. There is something old fashioned about this show, anyway, and the graphics, which take me back to the DC Comics days of my youth add to it, I think.

#475 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrmoGamecoq /forum/post/14783789

Look for next week's plot to involve the team investigating a series of deaths involving huge letters falling from the sky.

Roflmao, I love this show, and just jumped into the thread, so I don't know if that was meant to be negative, but it was funny, lol.

#476 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djoel /forum/post/14790042

The sound track, reminded me allot of Lost I'm aware they share the same production team, but could they branch out a bit...I like the show, I only wish they at FOX would pair it up with Sarah Connor Chronicles on Wednesday's

DJoel

Looking at the ratings dont think they want to move it right now...Its getting an almost steady ~9.5 Mil views a week and number 2 (behind House) in the 18-49 Demo for the night. With really nothing else on Tuesdays (at least that I watch) I think right now they have found the sweet spot for it...If anything it would hurt the show to be moved right now IMO....

GOt through watching the most recent episode last night, I have to say that each show seems to be better then the last
......As far as the Blad guy goes, He might be an "experiment" or something, but the weapon that he has seemed to be the same one the other guy had (same tech at least). Both seemed to use some kind of "pulse" tech...I dont think he is an alien, but as we have seen introduced, the tech of reanimation, ect might be involved....It will be interesting to see what the "big picture" is with this show, as all the events are connected somehow and are meant to happen, go a certain way at least it seems that way from the phone calls the blad guy was making....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.