AVS Forum banner

Sony VPL-HW10 Owners AND Calibration Thread

182K views 785 replies 161 participants last post by  Russell White 
#1 ·

Congratulations to all the new HW10 owners. Welcome to the VPL-HW10 Calibration & Projector Functions thread.

As you begin to contribute your posts to this thread, may I offer some suggestions...

- Please limit posts to the asking/answering of calibration and projector function questions. This thread is likely to grow larger, so anything we do to keep posts on topic, will help this thread better serve HW10 owners looking for info.

- Please consider posting your final setting values on the any user or service menu controls you change, and if available, also post pics of your grayscale and color tracking pre/post calibration.

- Feel free to post or PM HW10 info links to me and I will add them to the link list below.

- "HW10" Screen shots are also welcome.

HW10 Information Links:

Sony VPL-HW10 Just Arrived Thread For HW10 discussion not related to projector functions & calibration.

Sony VPL-HW10 Review! NEW CORRECTED CONTRAST! by Jason

Sony VPL-HW10 Review 12/01/08 - Art Feierman

Sony VPL-HW10 Review AVForums Video Review

Sony VPL-HW10 Projector Central review Bill Livolsi, November 7, 2008

1080p Projector Shootout: Panasonic PT-AE3000 vs. Sony VPL-HW10 Bill Livolsi, November 12, 2008

Projector Central List of Highly Rated & Editor's Choice Projectors

AVForums - Sony VPL-HW10 SXRD Projector Review

Sony VPL-HW10 Owners Manual Page at eSony

CNET Review

Trusted Reviews

Digital Trends Review

Projector Central HW10 Specs

Gadget Speak Review

What HI-FI Review

More Expert Reviews - Links

Sony VPL-HW10 Just Arrived!

HW10 Thread

HW10 - NEW SXRD Projector

New Sony projector VPL-HW10

What would you chose for same Price - Panny AE3000 and Sony VPL-HW10?

Sony VPL-HW10 vs VW60

Sony VPL-HW10 vs Panasonic AE3000

Sony VPL-HW10 vs Panasonic AE3000 2

VW100 vs VW10 vs Epson 7500

HW10 or W60 Thread

Sony VPL-HW10 vs JVC RS10

HW10 vs. Mits HC5500 and HC5600

Sony VPL-HW10 Projector Comparison XLS file

Sony VPL-HW10 Press Release pdf

Sony VPL-HW10 Press Center Info

Sony VPL-HW10 Sony Style Product Info

Sony VPL-VW60 Tweakers Thread

Sony VPL-VW40 Tweakers Thread

AVS Contrast Thread - Now with Dynamic Contrast Results! by Mark Petersen A great technical calibration read.

How to properly calibrate using color bars

My review of the HW10

Let me begin with a few cons...

- No Gamma Curve adjustments via Sony's Image Director. Not something most folks would miss, but still a valuable tool for calibrating a perfect white balance and gamma 2.2 track. Sony should have offered some basic low/mid/high gamma adjustments on the HW10 if ID software was not going to be supported.

- Limited 2D CMS color correction with the Sony RCP tools. However, very few projectors offer true 3D CMS calibration, so it's a common color correction challenge. Sony should also make RCP settings part of the USER Picture profiles, so different RCP tweaks could be automatically selected for the main PICTURE settings, HIGH, MID, LOW, USER 1, USER 2 & USER 3.

- Price is a little high when compared to competition, although many will appreciate where the extra $$$ has gone as far as image quality. I anticipate prices will begin to decline in the new year, not especially welcome news for early adopters, but should be good for potential buyers in the new year.

Now the Pros...

- This HW10 is quiet, even in HIGH lamp mode, which I now prefer. In Low Lamp Mode, you might not know the HW10 is even on unless you move close to listen.

- The screen position controls are in the perfect spot for easy access, and while I think they could be beefier, they do the jobs just fine.

- Native, ANSI & ON/OFF contrast are excellent. We are reaching a point where most people would be happy with the contrast performance of the HW10. Certainly as manufactures continue to expand the panels' native contrast, the benefits will be appreciated. However, I could live with the HW10 performance without regret. I assume it will only be the viewing of more dynamic projectors in the future that will cause me to upgrade. But coming from my Sony HS51A, Infocus 7200 and NEC HT1000 experiences, the HW10 is simply awesome.

- Black levels are excellent in both the Auto Iris, Manual Iris and Iris OFF modes. Obviously many folks will go for the maximum ON/OFF contrast of the auto iris modes, but I recommend folks also explore when running Manual Iris and Iris OFF will be appropriate. For instance, put up a 100% gray pattern, and dial back the Manual Iris for good screen illumination, and let it ride. The native contrast of the SXRD panels is pretty impressive.

- Auto Iris, while not flawless, is very good. Auto 1 and Auto 2 provide different ranges of Iris function, and the FAST, SLOW & RECOMMEND settings expand user control over Auto Iris operation. I believe there are benefits to some service mode tweaks of the auto iris tracking, but only for very marginal benefit.

- Panel shading uniformity is excellent. I have now had close observation of two projectors, and while the HW10 I now have has perfect uniformity, the Best Buy bought HW10 was excellent. Most folks would never be able to see the difference, and those picky about uniformity would have happily accepted the Best Buy HW10 shading calibration. If all HW10s have the range of uniformity I have observed on these 2 HW10s, Sony is doing a great job at the factory.

- Convergence is another big area of concern as we can run larger screen sizes for our seating distances. Sony's sub-pixel convergence capability is awesome. My 2 HW10s required different degrees of convergence correction, with my AVS bought HW10 requiring more. But the correction was fast and easy and provides perfect edge to edge convergence. IMHO, all projectors at or above the HW10 price point should have onboard convergence controls to correct for RGB panel alignment errors.

- The HW10 has just enough panel sharpness for my eye, without being prone to SDE as I see on some LCDs. Some projectors try to mask the pixel structure to reduce SDE, but at the cost of relative sharpness. The HW10 seems to strike a very nice balance. I assume the quality of the HW10 lens is both a benefit to the level of perceived clarity, as well as a hinderance to any additional clarity available from the SXRD panels. However, I think it's a good balance of extreme possibilities in performance and extra cost for a better lens.

- Chromatic Aberration on the HW10 is excellent. This is a testament to the quality of the lens and an extension of the sharpness/clarity observation mentioned above.

- Uniformity of focus across the screen is excellent. Again a benefit of a good lens, that even while the image is being sent thru the very edge of the lens, the edge to edge focus is still excellent.

- White Balance tracking from the factory, while not perfect was very good. I found the Custom 1, 2 & 3 color temps required very modest tweaks for very flat 9500/8000/6500K WB tracks. Some improvements could be made if the Image Director software was available for GAMMA tracking adjustments, and while I am sad more perfect tracking can't be achieved, the current capability is acceptable. However, Sony would show great wisdom if the provided a HW10 software/firmware update to enable use of the ID 3 software.

- Dynamic Iris and video processing is nearly transparent on the HW10. I would note I needed just a slight WB track adjustment when switching from Iris OFF (initially used for calibration) to any of the other Iris modes, but the adjustment was a click at the top and the bottom . Very impressive considering my experience with the HS51A and what it's DI/video processing did to the WB track from top to bottom. As I note below, dropping the contrast to enabled a flat WB right up to 100%.

- Contrast/Brightness/Color/Hue are spot on out of the box for a 16-236 video luminance range. Dropping Contrast from the factory default to is required to help flatten WB at 100%, but otherwise Sony should get high marks for the factory calibration of the HW10. Many folks will not see a need for custom calibration.

- Color reproduction is excellent. While CMS calibration is hindered, the HW10 is very good right out of the box. The WIDE color mode was pretty evenly spaced outside a HD Rec709 triangle, so dialing back the master COLOR to reduce saturation works very well with WIDE color mode. The Normal color mode was not as accurate, but acceptable. A happy balance can be achieved using the limited 2D CMS capability of the RCP controls. I was able to get a good HD Rec709 CIE track for all but RED, with the HW10 in the WIDE color mode. I dialed in RCP settings for 6500k and 9500K.

The HW10 is an excellent projector, especially for the price. While there are things Sony could do better, such is the case with any projector. However, Sony has paid attention to the basics which affect the raw performance of the projector, especially performance out of the box. For those owners who are inclined to tinker, Sony should consider a software/firmware update to enable Image Director 3 software. RCP should be linked to the main (6) PICTURE banks and the limited 2D CMS controls should be upgraded to a true 3D calibration control.

I am glad I upgraded and look forward to many happy hours of HT viewing on the HW10.

Calibration Suggestions

Here are my calibrations as of 11/26/08: Get Gray SD-DVD via Panasonic 55K HDMI, CalMAN & i1 Pro for calibration.

Contrast 89

Brightness 50

Color 50

Hue 50

Sharpness 0

Gamma 3

Auto Iris 1 = Recommend

Black Level OFF

Lamp HIGH

NORMAL color mode

.......Custom 3.....Custom 2.....Custom1

........6500K..........8000K.........9500K...

RG......(1).............(0)..............(-2)

GG.....(-1)............(-4).............(-2)

BG.....( 5).............(5)..............(8)

RB......(1).............(-2)............(-2)

GB.....(5)..............(4)..............(3)

BB....(-11)...........(-11)............(8)

Calibration numbers for tweaking Custom 4 color temp:

contrast = 90

brightness = 50

RG 6

GG -8

BG 4

RB -8

GB -4

BB -18

Here are some pics of color gamut and white balance tracks for the adjustments above. Again, Get Gray 75% RGBCMY on a HD REC709 triangle.

VPL-HW10 2-1

Section 2

Electrical Adjustments

. Note that when the items (W/B, Device Adjust) that can

be adjusted in the Service mode are adjusted and stored

in memory, they are saved in NVM and the factory

default data will be lost.

Be sure to perform Save to memory after entering and

exiting the Gamma adjustment mode. If the values are

changed in the Gamma adjustment mode and you want

to reset to the original value, turn off the power of the

unit and turn it on again. The UF data does not change

even if the mode for Advanced Iris in Cinema Black Pro

in Picture Adjust is changed without performing Save

to memory. When Save to memory is performed at

that time, the UF data of each Iris mode will be overwritten

and lost.
2-1-3. Model Name Display (Shop

Demonstration) Mode Setting

1. If the menu is being displayed, press the [MENU]

button to close the menu.

2. Press the buttons within 5 seconds in the following

order:

Enter, Up, Down, Enter.

Even if the message Not applicable! is displayed,

ignore it. If the key operations failed, wait for at least 6

seconds since the last key is pressed, and perform the

key operations again.

3. Do you wish to display the model name? Yes No is

displayed.

4. Select Yes.

n

To exit the Model Name Display mode, perform step 2.

Do you wish to display the model name? Yes No is

displayed. Select No.
2-1. Preparations

2-1-1. Required Equipment

. Oscilloscope

Tektronix 2465 or equivalent

(bandwidth: 350 MHz or more)

. NTSC, PAL, SECAM component signal generator

Tektronix TG2000 +AVG1 (optional module) +AWVG1

(optional module) or equivalent

. VG (Programmable video signal generator)

VG849C or equivalent

. Digital voltmeter

Advantest TR6845 or equivalent

. Luminance meter

. Chrominance difference gauge

n

Perform the following adjustments at least 15 minutes after

turning on the power.
2-1-2. Service Mode Setting

1. Set the Status to On in the Setup MENU.

2. Close the menu by pressing Menu if its displayed.

3. Press the buttons in the following order in 5 seconds:

Enter, Enter, Left, Enter.

4. The message Do you wish to enter into the

SERVICE MODE? Yes No will be displayed.

5. Select Yes.

n

When leaving the SERVICE MODE, perform item 3.

Do you wish to return to the USER MODE? Yes No

will be displayed. Select Yes.

VPL-HW10 2-5
2-3. White Balance Adjustment on

Servicing

Preparation

Set Picture Mode to Cinema and make the following

settings.

Contrast: 90

Bright: 50

Color: 50

Hue: 50

Sharpness: 5

NR: OFF

MPEG NR: OFF

Black Level Adjust: OFF

Gamma Correction: Gamma 1

Advanced Iris: OFF

Lamp Control: High

Color space: Normal

Set each GAIN and each BIAS for RGB to 128.

Bring the ZOOM position of the lens to the center.
Adjustment

High

Set Color Temp to High.

Input 1080/60i 20 IRE flat field (RGB 3 color) into the

HDMI1 terminal and adjust BIAS of white balance for R

and B until the chromaticity (x20, y20) satisfies the

specification.

(x20, y20) = (0.284 }0.002, 0.298 }0.002)

Input 1080/60i 80 IRE flat field (RGB 3 color) into the

HDMI1 terminal and adjust GAIN of white balance for B

and G until the chromaticity (x80, y80) satisfies the

specification.

(x80, y80) = (0.284 }0.002, 0.298 }0.002)

Repeat the adjustments at 80 IRE and 20 IRE until the

specification is satisfied.

Save the adjusted values.
Middle

Set Color Temp to Middle.

specification.

(x20, y20) = (0.294 }0.002, 0.314 }0.002)

specification.

(x80, y80) = (0.294 }0.002, 0.314 }0.002)

Low

Set Color Temp to Low.

specification.

(x20, y20) = (0.313 }0.002, 0.329 }0.002)

specification.

(x80, y80) = (0.313 }0.002, 0.329 }0.002)

2-6 VPL-HW10
Custom

Set Gain and Bias for CUSTOM 1 to 4 to the following

values.

CUSTOM 1: Copy the Gain and Bias values for High.

CUSTOM 2: Copy the Gain and Bias values for Middle.

CUSTOM 3: Copy the Gain and Bias values for Low.

CUSTOM 4: Set the Gain and Bias values for R/G/B to

Save the set values.
Iris: Auto1/Manual Adjustment

Switch the Iris mode to Auto1. Manual. Copy all of the

white balance adjustment values (High, Middle, Low, and

all of the Gain Bias values of CUSTOM1 through CUSTOM4)

at Iris OFF, to the corresponding Iris mode values

respectively.

Save the set value.
2-4. IRIS Adjustment

(1) Bring the ZOOM position of the lens to the center.

(2) Input the XGA 60Hz all white 100IRE signal in

INPUT-A.

(3) Set Other: 01 Iris/Adj of Device Menu to 1.

(4) Set the value of Other: 02 Iris/Open Reg to 1023,

and check the value of Other: 04 Iris/Open Hall.

(5) While decreasing the value of Other: 02 Iris/Open

Reg, check the value of Other: 04 Iris/Open Hall.

(6) When the value of Other: 04 Iris/Open Hall reaches

the value of [step (4) value _25], check the value of

Other: 02 Iris/Open Reg.

(7) Save the value of Other: 02 Iris/Open Reg of step (6)

in a memory.

(8) Measure the luminance level at this time. [OFF

Luminance]

(9) Set the value of Other: 03 Iris/Close Regequal to

that of Other: 02 Iris/Open Reg of step (6).

(10)While decreasing the value of Other: 03 Iris/Close

Reg, check the luminance level. Check the value of

Other: 03 Iris/Close Reg when the luminance level

reaches 32% of [OFF Luminance].

(11)Save the values of Other: 03 Iris/Close Reg of step

(10) in a memory.

(12)Return the value of Other: 01 Iris/Adj to 0, and

perform Save to Memory.

2-5. Panel Driver Gain B Adjustment

(1) Input the XGA 60Hz Blue Only 100 IRE signal in the

INPUT-A terminal.

(2) Set the Panel Driver: 03 P. Drv/Gain B value to 85.

(3) While measuring luminance at the center of the screen,

decrease the 03 P. Drv/Gain B value. Take note of the

03 P. Drv/Gain B value when luminance reaches

maximum.

(4) Save the 03 P. Drv/Gain B value of step (3) in a

memory.

(5) Perform Save to Memory.

See less See more
#203 ·
Where do i find the gain and bias controls used to calibrate ? In the service menu I guess? I still can't get into the service menu:

I still can't get into the service menu on my hw10. I have tried doubleclicking the enter button (the small round button in the center of the arrow buttons) on the remote like a madman and still no go. The projector just says "not applicable". I have tried varying the tempo, i have tried with and without an input source. I have tried wtih the projector set to all the different inputs (although i actually only use hdmi1). If someone could give me a step by step instruction like i was a 5 year old I would appreciate it. :)

#204 ·
Bytehoven.

I went in the servicemeny today

to try your calibration tip,and found that my "open reg" and "close reg"

value differ pretty much from yours.

Your settings:

Open reg 725

close reg 347

mine:

open reg 688

close reg 370

Should i just take the differense between the close reg nr

and just add it to your recomended 131 setting?

in that case 154 close reg for me?

I am pretty noob at this....

Thanx /mikael

#205 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnust /forum/post/15147960

Where do i find the gain and bias controls used to calibrate ? In the service menu I guess? I still can't get into the service menu:

I still can't get into the service menu on my hw10. I have tried doubleclicking the enter button (the small round button in the center of the arrow buttons) on the remote like a madman and still no go. The projector just says "not applicable". I have tried varying the tempo, i have tried with and without an input source. I have tried wtih the projector set to all the different inputs (although i actually only use hdmi1). If someone could give me a step by step instruction like i was a 5 year old I would appreciate it. :)

With a blank screen enter enter left arrow enter it's that simple and you should see a window asking if you want to enter service mode, or normal mode once you are already in service mode.

The best place to make the RGB gain/bias adjustments is under the USER picture menu. If you click thru the picture settings until you get to color temp, go down to CUSTOM 1,2 3 or 4 and then click to the right. The RGB gain/bias settings will appear.

Custom 1 is already near 9500k and should be used to calibrate in that color temp range.

Custom 2 is near 7500K

Color temp is near 6500K

Color Temp 4, the brightest of the color temp settings, I have not adjusted yet. I plan to do so tonight. I was planning to dial this in at 10,000K, the max on my WB color temp scale.

#206 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by micke77 /forum/post/15148471

Should i just take the differense between the close reg nr

and just add it to your recomended 131 setting?

You projector settings are more like my 2nd HW10.

Try CLOSE REG OPEN REG

The OPEN REG setting will tame the auto iris as far as it becoming more apparent. The value can go as high as .

I am hoping to begin measuring for gamma curve tracks with and without the auto iris adjustments and I will post some pics.

I should also note I was invited to explain why the HW10 needs the IMage Director 3 software as well as why the RCP color gamut controls are lacking. I am having that conversation now and I hope it leads to something for HW10 owners as well as other Sony SXRD projector owners.

#207 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenmc /forum/post/15147713

What type of video signal do I want to input into this projector, RGB or YCbCr or does it matter? I can select either in my AVR setup.

Thanks

Technically RGB is the better of the two signal types, but either will do. We often refer to the 2nd signal type as Component YUV, which is more common on consumer & pro electronics than RGB.

You may have a setting for DARKER/LIGHTER on the output. Darker will remove 7.5IRE setup and is the preferred setting.

You should then use a CONTRAST/BRIGHTNESS test pattern to dial in your HW10 contrast/brightness. If your brightness control ends up being way above 50, you could try setting the AVR output to LIGHTER to see if the HW10 brightness adjustment comes back down near 50.

#208 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytehoven /forum/post/15148629

You projector settings are more like my 2nd HW10.

Try CLOSE REG OPEN REG

The OPEN REG setting will tame the auto iris as far as it becoming more apparent. The value can go as high as .

I am hoping to begin measuring for gamma curve tracks with and without the auto iris adjustments and I will post some pics.

I should also note I was invited to explain why the HW10 needs the IMage Director 3 software as well as why the RCP color gamut controls are lacking. I am having that conversation now and I hope it leads to something for HW10 owners as well as other Sony SXRD projector owners.

Thx! I will try it and se if i like it

good luck with the conversation...

#209 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytehoven /forum/post/15148721

Technically RGB is the better of the two signal types, but either will do. We often refer to the 2nd signal type as Component YUV, which is more common on consumer & pro electronics than RGB.

You may have a setting for DARKER/LIGHTER on the output. Darker will remove 7.5IRE setup and is the preferred setting.

You should then use a CONTRAST/BRIGHTNESS test pattern to dial in your HW10 contrast/brightness. If your brightness control ends up being way above 50, you could try setting the AVR output to LIGHTER to see if the HW10 brightness adjustment comes back down near 50.

So I assume the HW10 will automatically determine what kind of signal it is being fed and decode things properly since I haven't been able to find any menu setting where you specify what type of signal you are sending it?

#210 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenmc /forum/post/15149958

So I assume the HW10 will automatically determine what kind of signal it is being fed and decode things properly since I haven't been able to find any menu setting where you specify what type of signal you are sending it?

Yes and no.

Unless you use an HDMI connection, the HW10 will not switch to adjust for a 16-235 or 0-255 luminance range. You would need to adjust the contrast & brightness accordingly.

However, in all other ways such as color space assumptions, the HW10 would be making choices based on the input and signal specs.

(Edited for a correction)

#213 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytehoven /forum/post/15079011

I say this because I have heave measured significantly more ON/OFF contrast in high lamp mode. I need to confirm this observation, but unless my old OpticONE probe is flaking out, high lamp will be the preferred mode.

Byte,

Have you had a chance to confirm your previous ON/OFF contrast measurements with your new probes?

#214 ·
Not yet...

I have spent most of my time so far, calibrating WB at 6500/8000/9500K and trying to dial in RCP for HD REC709. Derek at CalMAN has given me some suggestions for approaching the Sony RCP controls given their 2D CMS limitation.

Tonight I was planning to figure out what Sony had in mind for the Custom 4 color temp, since it's the brightest/greenest of the bunch. It might be mean for watching Football.

Any final measurements of ON/OFF contrast would then be based on clean WB tracking, and I will post for all 4 Custom color temp settings. I was also hoping to confirm if my auto iris tweak contrast boost also holds up.

More very soon.

#216 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytehoven /forum/post/15148530

With a blank screen enter enter left arrow enter it's that simple and you should see a window asking if you want to enter service mode, or normal mode once you are already in service mode.

The best place to make the RGB gain/bias adjustments is under the USER picture menu. If you click thru the picture settings until you get to color temp, go down to CUSTOM 1,2 3 or 4 and then click to the right. The RGB gain/bias settings will appear.

Custom 1 is already near 9500k and should be used to calibrate in that color temp range.

Custom 2 is near 7500K

Color temp is near 6500K

Color Temp 4, the brightest of the color temp settings, I have not adjusted yet. I plan to do so tonight. I was planning to dial this in at 10,000K, the max on my WB color temp scale.

You are THE MAN! :)

I calibrated my hw10 tonight using a eye-one display and HFCR. It was great fun to dial in the grey-tracking and get a grip of how this works (first time for me). I managed to lower the delta E from 9 to below 2 from 30-100 ire, 4 at 20 IRE and 9 at 10 IRE. All in all pretty good measurement-wise. I can't say it did a ton of difference compared to the factory setting though. I also think the contrast might have been a tad higher with the factory settings then the more color correct setting i obtained. Maybe Sony does that intentionally as a compromise?

I haven't decided if my calibrated setting is an improvement over the factory setting that may have a bit higher contrast. Maybe I just need to tinker with it a bit more...

EDIT: These are the settings I used for pc level (0-255):

Contrast: 72

Brightness: 69

Gamma1

Custom 3;

Gain: R=8, G=-14, B=-7

Bias: R=-8, G=4, B=6

I thought the contrast was a bit low but it clipped red if i had it any higher. Brightness was set so I could just see video-level 16 of the test pattern. Couldn't go lower without crushing black.

#218 ·
Attention:

This thread has been started specifically for calibration & projector function discussions for the HW10. No other posts will be tolerated.

There are other HW10 threads where AVS members can express their opinions on the HW10. Please delete any posts not related to HW10 calibration or projector functions.

Thank you.

#221 ·
Calibration Update

I explored the Custom 4 color temp tonight.

As I suspected, it's heavy on green, and I do mean heavy. But red and blue were also tracking all over the map from top to bottom. I believe this might be a good setting for watching football, golf or any number of other programs where brightness and a stable color shift away from 6500K is acceptable.

So, I endeavored to create a WB track where the value of green stayed pretty flat in the 118-120 range, above the typical 100% we strive to balance. This was much better than the off the scale green of the factory setting. I then was able to get red & blue to track pretty evenly from top to bottom. I ended up with a very shallow curve to red/blue with crossovers at 30% and 80%, where red was slightly elevated below 30% and above 80%, while blue was just slightly elevated in the middle range.

Post calibration, the Custom 4 color temp is now obviously less green while maintaining much of the brightness of the factory settings.

I would note, from factory settings, there was no room to raise red or blue, unless I pulled back on the master contrast, which defeats the purpose of this setting.

So here are the numbers for tweaking Custom 4 color temp:

contrast = 90

brightness = 50

RG 6

GG -8

BG 4

RB -8

GB -4

BB -18

Use GAMMA 3 or OFF for best gamma curve.

Give these settings a whirl while watching the football game. They may help you get a brighter image to compete with some lights on in the room.

RJ

PS... I am still having some challenges getting the Chroma 5 profiled to my i1Pro, so I will be waiting to work that out, in order to proceed with the contrast and gamma curve measurements.

#226 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Turk /forum/post/15152716

It's actually a short to mid...definitely not long. Long throws typically cost more I think is the main reason (at least for a good one). That is why with many companies it is an additional cost to get long throw.

Jason, I actually do like the HW10 but that is the main reason I did not buy it. Is the calculator for this accurate? It would not work on a 104 diagonal from 17'8".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.