BIC F12

Price (MSRP): $449/Each

Design: Front-firing 12" 475-watt peak powered subwoofer

Frequency Response: 25Hz - 200Hz

Sensitivity: 90dB

Drivers: 12" Injection molded woofer with heavy duty surround

Magnetic Shielding: YES

Gold-Plated Terminals:YES

Recommended Power: Built-in Amplifier Power: 475 watts Dynamic Peak, 150 watts RMS continuous

Impedance: 8 ohms

Dimensions: 17"H x 14 3/4"W x 17 1/4"D

Weight: 42 Pounds Each

Warranty: 5 Years Parts & Labor

Compared to Acoustech H-100

Price (MSRP): $499 / Each

Design: Heavy Duty Front-Firing 12" Powered Subwoofer, BASH designed amp.

Frequency Response: 24Hz - 200Hz (+/- 3dB) variable (adjustable crossover)

Sensitivity: 90 dB

Drivers: Heavy Duty 12" Long-Throw Poly-graphite woofer with high power magnet.

Magnetic Shielding: NO

Gold-Plated Terminals:YES

Recommended Power: Built-in Amplifier Power - 150 Watt RMS, 500-Watt Dynamic Peak

Impedance: 8 ohms

Dimensions: 17" H x 15" W x 18 1/4" D

Weight: 42 lbs Each

Warranty: 2 Year Parts and Labor.

It seems that they are almost identical but H100 is slightly better in the specs

See less See more
#2 ·
From my understanding this is the true replacement for the BIC H-100.

Klipsch filed a lawsuit against BIC for using the copper colored cones that Klipsch uses in the reference line. So BIC changed the color of the entire Acoustech line. The speakers from my understanding are the same. The cones are only a different color.

Someone else may have more info on the lawsuit. But from my understanding this was the agreement that was made.

#3 ·
I'm also interested in a relatively inexpensive sub for a second (2.1) system.

I'll admit, the information out on the BIC H-100 was a little confusing. I had heard that it's not longer made (yet there several on-line sites are selling - perhaps leftover stock?), to the VK-12 is the replacement, now the F12 is the "actual" replacement

Like the OP, I do wonder if the F12 is equal/comparable to the H-100. I think the VK-12 is a "step up" in terms of the specs/power?

Of course, there are the usual competition in the PA-120, and lower end models from Klipsh, Velodyne, etc..., that I've read and should consider too...

sometimes...ignorance IS bliss

#5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by NADz /forum/post/15722144

From my understanding this is the true replacement for the BIC H-100.

Klipsch filed a lawsuit against BIC for using the copper colored cones that Klipsch uses in the reference line. So BIC changed the color of the entire Acoustech line. The speakers from my understanding are the same. The cones are only a different color.

Someone else may have more info on the lawsuit. But from my understanding this was the agreement that was made.

LOL..how ridiculous of Klipsch to file a lawsuit for that...I wonder how many companies sue for others making black speaker cones?

peace

#7 ·
I ordered mine last Tuesday and it arrived on Wednesday. Hooked right up and watched Transformers and it sounds great. I did not have a sub beforehand so I can't compare it to anythinge else. It looks good, shakes the room, and the grill is attached well, I am happy for $210.00.

#8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jntart /forum/post/15811587

I ordered mine last Tuesday and it arrived on Wednesday. Hooked right up and watched Transformers and it sounds great. I did not have a sub beforehand so I can't compare it to anythinge else. It looks good, shakes the room, and the grill is attached well, I am happy for $210.00.

Did any of the documentation that came with the sub state that the both the amp and woofer are guaranteed for 5 years?

Alot of these subs are stating 2 years on the amp, and 5 years on the woofer. I am trying to confirm if this one has 5 years on all parts..thanks

#9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jntart /forum/post/15811587

Ported or sealed?

#11 ·
I will get some pictures up this weekend. It is front firing and rear ported. I was so excited to get the sub I have not even looked at the paperwork but I will tonight. I have it hooked up to a Onkyo 606 in a 7.1 setup including Klispch b3, s1 surrounds. Now to get my HT from 90% to 100%.

#13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jntart /forum/post/15816128

I will get some pictures up this weekend. It is front firing and bottom ported. I was so excited to get the sub I have not even looked at the paperwork but I will tonight. I have it hooked up to a Onkyo 606 in a 7.1 setup including Klispch b3, s1 surrounds. Now to get my HT from 90% to 100%.

Thanks!

#19 ·
it looks sweet but all the sub.s i bought in past i coud of of order a hsu or suv. i bought a brand new black pa 120 sub. this past week, but will be selling it for hit me up if someone interested nib. i pull the trigger on svs pb10 sd. for just under 500.00 price tag, i finally want the real subwoofer. and stop buying those 200.00 -300.00 specials. but good luck with her and look forward to your review on f12.

#20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffjustice /forum/post/15827618

it looks sweet but all the sub.s i bought in past i coud of of order a hsu or suv. i bought a brand new black pa 120 sub. this past week, but will be selling it for hit me up if someone interested nib. i pull the trigger on svs pb10 sd. for just under 500.00 price tag, i finally want the real subwoofer. and stop buying those 200.00 -300.00 specials. but good luck with her and look forward to your review on f12.

Yea, I was going to get a $400 sub I liked, but after doing research I just don't think it would have been worth the money. There seemed to be a huge cult following of the H100 and this F12 was its replacement. It's a huge improvement over the 8" Sony sub that's for sure. I just don't think I could justify spending $500 on a better sub right now. I would much rather spend the extra money and get new L and R speakers as well as a new center.

I can't wait till our house is finished so I can crank it up and not annoying the neighbors.

#22 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94GTStang /forum/post/15826994

Yes, it says it does have a 5 year parts/labor warranty which of course excludes sustained cosmetic damages.

Here is the schematic of the rear end of the sub. Yes it does have the LFE input.

Thanks for the schematic, and the confirmation of the 5 yr. all parts warranty.

I have read nothing but praise for Bic America's in-warranty, and out of warranty service.

I noticed it has a separate switch for a pro-logic receiver, and a 5.1, 6.1, and 7.1 receiver..hmm? I don't know if that is common in subs or not? Has anyone ever seen that, and what it's function does/mean?

So what are your thoughts on it GTstang after using it a little more? I know it shakes your environment, but how do you think it does overall with music and movies.

#23 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tingham /forum/post/15829499

Thanks for the schematic, and the confirmation of the 5 yr. all parts warranty.

I have read nothing but praise for Bic America's in-warranty, and out of warranty service.

I noticed it has a separate switch for a pro-logic receiver, and a 5.1, 6.1, and 7.1 receiver..hmm? I don't know if that is common in subs or not? Has anyone ever seen that, and what it's function does/mean?

So what are your thoughts on it GTstang after using it a little more? I know it shakes your environment, but how do you think it does overall with music and movies.

Well, we've been out all day today so I haven't had a chance to watch any normal programs or movies. We will probably get Madagascar II to watch on it tonight.

I did play some music earlier today and it seemed to do pretty well. I felt it handled the bassier music much better and much cleaner than the old Sony did. The old Sony didn't really accentuate the lower bass notes like this one does. It more of grunted instead.

I have it set to about the 4 setting and placed diagonally in the corner like I had the old sub.

#24 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94GTStang /forum/post/15829696

Well, we've been out all day today so I haven't had a chance to watch any normal programs or movies. We will probably get Madagascar II to watch on it tonight.

I did play some music earlier today and it seemed to do pretty well. I felt it handled the bassier music much better and much cleaner than the old Sony did. The old Sony didn't really accentuate the lower bass notes like this one does. It more of grunted instead.

I have it set to about the 4 setting and placed diagonally in the corner like I had the old sub.

That's cool man..glad you like it so far. If you have any more additional thoughts please post them..thanks. I think I am going to pull the trigger on this regardless.

I have been sub-less for 6 months now since my old Yamaha kicked the bucket. I'm pretty sure this is gonna be significantly better than my old one.

#25 ·
I'm also looking to buy this sub to replace my Boston Acoustics sub, it's the one that came with the Horizon MCS-130 speaker package, seen here - http://www.bostonacoustics.com/MCS-1...kage-P159.aspx - basic specs, 10", 200watts, 40-150Hz. I'll be using it with Infinity Primus speakers, 362/360/152's, crossover will be set to 80. I know it's tough to answer without actually hearing each sub, but will it be a noticeable upgrade to my current sub? It's not too much money so I'm not expecting elite performance. My room is pretty small, it's my bedroom, I use my HTS for everything really, movies/music/games.

#26 ·
I don't know if it will be a noticeable upgrade or not, but the f12 has a bigger woofer and goes deeper. I know it will be better..but how much, I can't say.

I ended up purchasing the F12 from BeachAudio.com. The total after Live cashback was $196.00 shipped. Hopefully, I will have it by the end of the week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.