AVS Forum banner
159K views 707 replies 202 participants last post by  gbaby 
#1 ·
Greetings,

This thread can be used for general discussion related to upcoming titles due for review, for member questions/comments or any other topics related to Blu-ray Disc reviews.

Regards,

#27 ·
Thank Ralph!!

That is exactly what I was looking for....I wanted to see your TOP list in chronological order based on your technical rating scores. I have seen the page you referenced, however I believe the titles are not ranked in order by your category rating score.

Thanks for spending the time to provide us this info, I appreciate it. Just an idea: It maybe a nice way to update your favorite page layout, if it's not too time consuming.

Thanks again!

Steve

#32 ·
Greetings,

I have started to denote the audio/video ratings as well as indicating placement of reviewed disc's on my recommended Blu-ray list. This will enable those looking at the database to see what the techical rating was as well as whether the disc is on my list. I will do it with all future reviews and will begin updating those already there as time permits.

Hopefully this will help those who are looking trying to pick put the disc's with the better A/V ratings to see them at a glance.

Cheers,

#33 ·
Greetings,

New arrivals:

Slumdog millionaire - arrived today

Marely and me - arrived today

Doubt - arrived today

Hellraiser

Yes man

Bedtime stories - arrived today

South pacific

No country for old me CE - arrived today

On deck:

Fly away home

Whew!

Regards,

#34 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Potts /forum/post/16138797

Greetings,

New arrivals:

Slumdog millionaire - arrived today
Marely and me - arrived today
Doubt - arrived today

Hellraiser
Yes man
Bedtime stories - arrived today

South pacific
No country for old me CE - arrived today

On deck:

Fly away home

Whew!

Regards,

It's going to be a long weekend.
Looking forward to those reviews.

#36 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damo_OZ /forum/post/16140388

Hi Ralph

First post .. bit nervous

Was just wondering if you intend to review the latest Bond releases that accompanied the Quantum of Solace release? As a huge Bond fan i have enjoyed the blu ray reviews so far and hoped there would be more

Cheers

Damien

Greetings,

Damien, Welcome to AVS

Fox hasn't sent the Volume Three Bond discs as of yet...

Regards,

#41 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover2002 /forum/post/16147439

Hellraiser?

Thats going to be an interesting review, i wonder if its been DNRed to death or if they left the dial alone

I'd be more concerned in the quality of the master, being from a film print, and that the movie may have been mastered awhile ago using monitors of insufficient resolve for a 1080x1920 format.

#42 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Varnadore /forum/post/16255344

I'd be more concerned in the quality of the master, being from a film print, and that the movie may have been mastered awhile ago using monitors of insufficient resolve for a 1080x1920 format.

Chad

Welcome Back!

#49 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonstopher /forum/post/16387479

Ralph,

Will you be reviewing Taken?

I never saw it but am definitely buying it and want to see how the port to blu ray went

Greetings,

I expect to get it from Fox and like you haven't seen it so I am looking forward to reviewing it.

Cheers,

#50 ·
Ralph, I just wanted to say Thank You for doing a excellent job, keeping everyone informed...I also love reading your reviews. Keep it up...I always look forward when you post something.

#51 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwv651 /forum/post/16392560

Ralph, I just wanted to say Thank You for doing a excellent job, keeping everyone informed...I also love reading your reviews. Keep it up...I always look forward when you post something.

Greetings,

jwv651, thank you very much. Your feedback/comments are greatly appreciated.

Regards,