AVS Forum banner
904K views 7K replies 702 participants last post by  chise1960 
#1 ·
I looked around and see no actual Parasound owners thread, lots of off shoots, like an a51 thread and the sort but no official PARASOUND thread, so this is it! We welcome all into here that are looking, have questions about, want to buy, or want to talk about Parasound Halo, New Classic and Z series! Benefits of coming in here is finding out about new things (we've been a Parasound Halo dealer for over 6 years and have a very good one on one relationship with them) getting questions answered and talking to others and getting real life experience... i may be able to coax the Parasound guys to pop in here every so often too :) Remember keep in clean, keep it friendly and my mailbox is always open so shoot me a PM or email if you need to i answer usually within an hour or two!

Thanks for stopping in!

#52 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Light /forum/post/16498460

I made my own rack for my A51 since I couldn't find anything that was both deep and sturdy enough. If you're open to going the DIY route, google "flexy rack" or "flexi rack" for a fairly easy project that is infinitely customizable.

Soundations is good....looks kinda out there but is good for their stuff...

This company is outta business but their stuff is AWESOME!!!!!-- AVDECO

#54 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW /forum/post/16504099

Have a pair of Parasound amps , an HCA-1500A and an HCA-1203A. Bought them years ago to drive my HT system. Have had zero problems, and sound great. I have no plans to replace them.

The HCA series was awesome, i had it myself....

#56 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by pal1982 /forum/post/16504523

The HCA series was awesome, i had it myself....

I used to own the HCA2205/1000 combo... Now I have the Halo A51/A23. I'm using the A23 (1000) for my 100W rear speakers. No need for a A21!

#59 ·
Howdy peeps, new Halo A21 owner here. I bought it almost simultanously with a set of Paradigm Studio 60s (it's an all-Para setup
) and needless to say it sounds fantastic. However, I'm getting some serious groundloop buzz whenever the tv is turned on. I know the optimal way to eliminate this would probably be to plug the tv into an outlet from a separate circuit. But that may not be possible. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I could do about this? I was thinking maybe try and ground the tv to something besides the power outlet it shares with the other components (a Monster HTS1600 Power Center) by using a cheater plug and separate grounding wire? Would that work, and to what could I possibly connect the ground wire?

Or I suppose I could just never watch tv, which wouldn't be a bad thing ...

#60 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollo131 /forum/post/16539742

Howdy peeps, new Halo A21 owner here. I bought it almost simultanously with a set of Paradigm Studio 60s (it's an all-Para setup
) and needless to say it sounds fantastic. However, I'm getting some serious groundloop buzz whenever the tv is turned on. I know the optimal way to eliminate this would probably be to plug the tv into an outlet from a separate circuit. But that may not be possible. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I could do about this? I was thinking maybe try and ground the tv to something besides the power outlet it shares with the other components (a Monster HTS1600 Power Center) by using a cheater plug and separate grounding wire? Would that work, and to what could I possibly connect the ground wire?

Or I suppose I could just never watch tv, which wouldn't be a bad thing ...

I had something similar and I discoverer that unplugging the coax cable from my cablevision box solved the problem. I routed my coax cable through my Monster 3500mkii Power Center to solve the problem, so you my want to look into something similar that accepts coax.

#64 ·
I don't thinkl they dicount, unless you buy used. AA sometimes sells factory refurbished with full warranty for a good price break.

#66 ·
Parasound's warranty is 10 years for parts, 5 for labor.

In case anyone's interested, I located the source of the buzzing - and it turns out it's not a groundloop. The buzzing was caused by the amp's proximity to the tv. Moving the amp and tv further away from each other lessened the buzzing.

The tv is a rear-projection Sony, and I assume there's some electromagnetic interference in its immediate vicinity.

Or could it be something else?

#67 ·
I actually am buying a parasound zphono pre-amp that i know will sound way better than my Yamaha internal phono// Parasound is good stuff.. I think their amps mate well with bright(er) speakers tho.. I once heard a Parasound amp with Energy speakers and it sounded just "right" across the spectrum.. probably becasue of the design (mosfet, j-fet etc) for that "tube" like warmth..I just think you need to match them with a little bit brighter speaker to get that balance just right sound.. just my .02.. anways.. happy listening!

Mike

#68 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tractng /forum/post/16557794

I noticed the vendors online list parasound product to have a 10 year warranty but on parasound lists 5 year?

Tony

Tony,

For purchases after Jan 1, 2009, Parasound has changed their warranty length of time. There website has the specific details - it varies for halo (5 yrs) vs new classic (3 yrs). Audio advisor is the only authorized Parasound dealer on the internet, though they had not updated the warranty info last time I checked. If you find other dealers on the internet, the warranty might not be valid. You have to submit copy of invoice for warranty work...

Give Parasound a call the guys there are great.

I'm liking the 28's with the 2250 and could imagine that they would be impressive with the A21 or A51 or even a pair of JC-1's...

Bob

#69 ·
Well, I just joined the Halo club. I took delivery of an A52 yesterday afternoon.

Initial impressions: WOW!! What a great sounding amp. I was afraid it might not have enough power, but i think this thing is seriously underrated. Very clean and transparent sound as well.

I'm very happy with my decision.

#70 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by boblopes /forum/post/16619530

Tony,

For purchases after Jan 1, 2009, Parasound has changed their warranty length of time. There website has the specific details - it varies for halo (5 yrs) vs new classic (3 yrs). Audio advisor is the only authorized Parasound dealer on the internet, though they had not updated the warranty info last time I checked. If you find other dealers on the internet, the warranty might not be valid. You have to submit copy of invoice for warranty work...

Give Parasound a call the guys there are great.

I'm liking the 28's with the 2250 and could imagine that they would be impressive with the A21 or A51 or even a pair of JC-1's...

Bob

Would parasound honor 2nd ownership?

tony

#71 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tractng /forum/post/16643479

Would parasound honor 2nd ownership?

tony

No
. Check their website.

#72 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonhawk /forum/post/16638832

Well, I just joined the Halo club. I took delivery of an A52 yesterday afternoon.

Initial impressions: WOW!! What a great sounding amp. I was afraid it might not have enough power, but i think this thing is seriously underrated. Very clean and transparent sound as well.

I'm very happy with my decision.

Excellent news! I'm considering making the same decision, especially after the new surround sound pre-pro (C3, I think) is released.

Matty

#73 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by msilverz /forum/post/16643636

Excellent news! I'm considering making the same decision, especially after the new sound sound pre-pro (C3, I think) is released.

Matty

Well Parasound is a wonderful company to work with. I sent an email--before purchase-- to technical support with some question or other. It was late at night on a weekend, and I expected to maybe get an answer in a day or two, if at all.

Imagine my surprise when I got an email back, that night, from Richard Schram, the president of Parasound. He's a great guy and his patient answers were a big part of my decision.

As to the C#, Richard actually said that the P7 may have a slight edge in audio quality over the C3, due to it's lack of any video or other processing signals. And it is quite a bit less expensive, so if you can live with analog only, it may work out for you.

My plan is to get a P7, and keep my Nuforce AVP to run the optical out from my Dish DVR, and connect the Nuforce to the P7 via the 5.1 outs, with the 2nd 7.1 input on the P7 set to HT bypass.

YMMV, good luck.

#74 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonhawk /forum/post/16644495

Well Parasound is a wonderful company to work with. I sent an email--before purchase-- to technical support with some question or other. It was late at night on a weekend, and I expected to maybe get an answer in a day or two, if at all.

Imagine my surprise when I got an email back, that night, from Richard Schram, the president of Parasound. He's a great guy and his patient answers were a big part of my decision.

As to the C#, Richard actually said that the P7 may have a slight edge in audio quality over the C3, due to it's lack of any video or other processing signals. And it is quite a bit less expensive, so if you can live with analog only, it may work out for you.

My plan is to get a P7, and keep my Nuforce AVP to run the optical out from my Dish DVR, and connect the Nuforce to the P7 via the 5.1 outs, with the 2nd 7.1 input on the P7 set to HT bypass.

YMMV, good luck.

Agreed. I have the Parasound A51 and A23 and I love them. However, they did drop the ball on delaying the C3. I moved on already, and I'm sure a lot others have moved on as well.

#75 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by exm /forum/post/16644743

Agreed. I have the Parasound A51 and A23 and I love them. However, they did drop the ball on delaying the C3. I moved on already, and I'm sure a lot others have moved on as well.

I suppose...

Only I'd rather see them get it right the first time than end up with a bunch of pissed off beta testers who paid full price.

Like the Cary.

#76 ·
Exactly. That is Richard's plan. He wants to put out a final product that actually works like it's supposed to and won't require constant updates (like another model I currently own and am waiting patiently to replace). There will be an announcement for those that are patient

S~