AVS Forum banner

Pioneer KRP Shipments and Damage Tracking Thread

152K views 2K replies 407 participants last post by  Pop Alexandra 
#1 ·
Just figured I would start up a tracking thread for those that have bought Pioneer KRP models recently, especially the 600M due to its larger size and chance of being broken. As some may know, there has been a overwhelming amount of cracked ones arriving. Its getting hard to remember who has received a good and who has not. I dont want to clutter up the owners thread with it too much. Lets start an ongoing post that summarizes the results so far. Please reply whether good or bad, just so we can keep track. Thanks to all that participate! I will start it if you want. Just include what model it is, where it shipped from, whether it "had pallet" or "no pallet", condition of box it was in, and the results of the shipment. I'll start:

600M - Hauppauge, NY or Whittier, CA? - had pallet - box in perfect shape - screen cracked

***** 600M *****

Broken = 41

ndisgii, jfkrane, mlb11, blb1215, johnnyb05, pizzabob, mfb, rougebear, ndskurfer,

jaffo_botz, bash, pizzabob, Jaffo_botz, wrbanks, mrTapout, gortnacory, anegrus,

anegrus, anegrus, anegrus, fenwayfan, NateTTU, docmal, whityfrd, TimV, Roman707,

Chhuong, mctwist, kennelm, OC Express, whityfrd, pikkashoe, poki168, Chopalua,

whityfrd, scratch, krik, amheck, bittornado, rodrigohat, scratch

Good = 75

roberto, bfdtv, flashjordon, essgee, jfkrane, PBJunior2, bernito, mlb11, ndisgii,

SoSo, keyonman, mlmflip, link93, mfb, johnnyb05, Dean Prestholt, rledington@comca,

whimsy, tech freak, wilfred80, ndskurfer, woody888, bigpaulp, Jaffo_botz, irfan,

jimim, RichB, fenwayfan, DancingBear, bhaycraft, notoriousmatty, DefiantGSR,

frustated, chucksva, JC480, delar, NateTTU, IceTBC, docmal, carftopher, gortnacory,

smallfish, TPnBobcats, slmateoca, plasma_cricket, fronk71, ArieS1204, roman707, kblaw,

leedom, YOTR, poki168, stlblufan, whityfrd, eehtee, mksner, OC Express, teknikk7,

adinn, rolesium, Tim McCune, 1CrazyDJ, W3bbY, dkinion, kennelm, chargedmr2,

Riot Nrrrd, krpguy, jschillereff, krik, Galun, rodrigohat, Chhuong, Magnus_CA, TimV

***** 500M *****

Broken = 11

eelton, fusion, rejuvinator, tony9, jbrady3324, flatninth, edpowers, music_dude,

music_dude, funkyman, music_dude,

Good = 35

essgee, chrisherbert, pizzabob, coffeemugg, dmichael, thepenguin99, williamtassone,

Otokejr, RichB, eelton, Management, kevink109, shawn1, comradesuhov, jdbimmer,

parkgt, riverhound, Daniel Hutnicki, tony9, elDub13, bodosom, fusion, W3bbY, jbrady3324,

flankerh, rejuvinator, flatninth, jambam, edpowers, aross99, Bruce N, chucksva, edpowers,

ScottAllyn, bdbb

See less See more
#1,008 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by QZ1 /forum/post/16602139

Thanks for the thoughts. I wasn't basing my TV purchase decision on the packaging, rather, I just thought of it yesterday, as a factor to consider. Seeing as the 5020 is relatively close to the 500M, it wouldn't be that much of a compromise.

I believe there are certain significant advantages to the KRP un-Elite versus the non-Elite displays. I'd get a KRP and when it comes time to move just double-box it with some compliant foam between them and strap it to a pallet. A tip sensor, some replacement value insurance and Bob's your uncle.

#1,009 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by QZ1 /forum/post/16602139

I wasn't basing my TV purchase decision on the packaging, rather, I just thought of it yesterday, as a factor to consider.

I believe you, but I was only responding to what you wrote earlier in the thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by QZ1 /forum/post/16601486

Yesterday, I decided to go with the 500m, but now I am reconsidering, thinking this TV is probably more likely to be broken by the movers.

I may have to go with a 5020 instead, just for the packaging; who woulda thunk it.

That sounds like you're basing your decision between two models "just for the packaging" rather than "as a factor to consider," hence my mild surprise. No big deal.

Either way, I'm only giving my TV choice v. risk factor opinion. I've seen both in [calibrated] action and I preferred the 600M over the 6020. That's just me personally. The 6020 is still a great TV, so it's not that big a deal. You really can't lose with Pioneer plasmas. Plus, there may be less of a difference with the 50" models, I don't know. It's all based on personal preference and I'm sure for many there aren't any appreciable differences, in which case (all other things being equal) making a decision based on packaging, or as one consideration, would be wise. But--and this is just my opinion--if I did notice a difference and had a preference, I'd go with that model regardless of packaging. And this is from someone who experienced a broken set. From everything I've heard (I was dealing with four separate vendors), the broken set issue is far more intensified here on the board than out in the world, as we've all seen before.

#1,010 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodosom /forum/post/16602741

I believe there are certain significant advantages to the KRP un-Elite versus the non-Elite displays. I'd get a KRP and when it comes time to move just double-box it with some compliant foam between them and strap it to a pallet. A tip sensor, some replacement value insurance and Bob's your uncle.

I didn't think about double-boxing it, and all the rest. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Express /forum/post/16602776

I believe you, but I was only responding to what you wrote earlier in the thread:

That sounds like you're basing your decision between two models "just for the packaging" rather than "as a factor to consider," hence my mild surprise. No big deal.

Either way, I'm only giving my TV choice v. risk factor opinion. I've seen both in [calibrated] action and I preferred the 600M over the 6020.

Thanks for the opinions. I really meant that the packaging was one factor, but that it seemed to be quite problematic, as to possibly sway my decision. However, now I realise, once it is here, I can make provisions to fortify the packaging of the TV to move it.

---------------------

OK, you guys convinced me, I'll go with the 500M.

#1,011 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcdv /forum/post/16594124

Thanks, Robert and Wendy, for turning a sketchy situation (600m order) into a good one. You rock.

Congrats on your 141FD and enjoy that beauty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Express /forum/post/16597885

600M. So far--REPEAT, so far--it's in good condition. No cracks. Powers up. Standing by...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mksner /forum/post/16602354

I just got my 600M in good shape. No visible cracks, "no input" appeared on screen

updated!

#1,013 ·
I got my 600M last week in good shape.

Manufacture date: ?

Packaging: ?

Pallet: no pallet

Vendor: Monitor Outlet (8/10 Ok)

Delivery: Pilot Air (2 man, delivery guys are very helpful. waited for inspection. They were ok with sign AFTER inspection.)

No visible cracks, "no input" appeared on screen.

I am somewhat satisfied with Monitor Outlet. The delivery and product is great. However, after the purchase they seemed to have dropped off the earth. I emailed them questions about the warranty. No response. During shipment I emailed about delivery times or tracking info. No response. Maybe my emails are getting caught in their spam filter? They answered them when I had my cash in hand so who knows..?

#1,014 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknikk7 /forum/post/16611249

I got my 600M last week in good shape.

Manufacture date: ?

Packaging: ?

Pallet: no pallet

Vendor: Monitor Outlet (8/10 Ok)

Delivery: Pilot Air (2 man, delivery guys are very helpful. waited for inspection. They were ok with sign AFTER inspection.)

No visible cracks, "no input" appeared on screen....

congrats on the new 600M.

the manuf. date is located on a sticker on the box or also a sticker on the rear of the panel with the serial #.

#1,017 ·
Roman is 2 for 2! DATS Trucking delivered my 600M this morning around 1030.

Box was strapped to pallet. We opened it in the truck, NO CRACKS!! beautiful panel. With a forklift jack, we pushed it up to the front of the house and then he helped me carry it into the front room even though he said his company does not allow them to enter a customer's home. Powered on with no signal message. Running break in DVD now. I tipped the driver $20 since he helped me carry it in the house even though he wasn't suppose to. I am so relieved it arrived in perfect condition. Only the bottom left corner of the box was pushed in a little. After reading about all the cracked screens, I was really worried.

Thanks again Roman!!

#1,019 ·
Just received my Pro 141 FD.

I guess luck is just not on my side. The TV was worse than the KRP I received last week. The box looked like it had been thru a demolition derby.

Once again, not strapped to a pallet, not even strapped to the side of the truck.

On my next attempt, Im going to request an early morning delivery, in the hopes that my tv is the first thing delivered, and there is less chance of it being damaged or moved around.

#1,023 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkashoe /forum/post/16614686

Can it be requested for the tv to stay on the pallet until final delivery?

I think it depends on the shipping company. I believe some folks have called and told their shipping company that they do not want the pallet removed until delivery. However, their packages still came off the truck without a pallet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolesium /forum/post/16615010

My 600M just arrived by FedEx freight. No apparent signs of cracks. However TV doesn't turn on. Refusing delivery. Nothing obvious that I have missed right? Power button just doesn't turn the TV on or have any noticeable effect.

Did you press the power button on the bottom of the panel? A lot of folks don't remember to do that and try to turn the TV on with the remote. When you turned it on, did you hear a loud buzz (taser type buzz)?

#1,024 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by carftopher /forum/post/16615058

I think it depends on the shipping company. I believe some folks have called and told their shipping company that they do not want the pallet removed until delivery. However, their packages still came off the truck without a pallet.

Did you press the power button on the bottom of the panel? A lot of folks don't remember to do that and try to turn the TV on with the remote. When you turned it on, did you hear a loud buzz (taser type buzz)?

Power button on lower right hand side? There isn't an additional safety power button hidden elsewhere correct? No taser buzz - no fan movement or lights.

#1,031 ·
Nolo 600M Crackus!

Manufacture date: 11/08 (oh noooo, they're not holding on to them)

Packaging: Shrink wrapped

Pallet: 1 foot wide and length of box

Vendor: Beyond Plasma

Delivery: FedEx - Clarence, with attitude

Distributer: ADI

Installation: By my 2, 6' teenagers, still no DATB (day-at-the-beach) since the mounting height was 5'5" from the floor to the bottom of the screen.

Well, FedEx busted their window by an hour and then Clarence shows up alone, gets all Teamster and proceeds to tell me I can't open the box, sign here. When I mentioned the classic "wouldn't you want to check it out first?" with my "don't **** with me stare, he backs down. I check it out, get the no signal and let him go.

All-in-all a good experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.