AVS Forum banner

Iron Man Blu-ray 9/30

139K views 1K replies 365 participants last post by  lgans316 
#1 ·
September is going to be very expensive with Transformers, Iron Man, Kill Bill 1 & 2 just to name a few.

i know you guys want proof and i've taken a screenshot of the files i got my hands on that were from USB drives loaded with promo material.

i dont have any picture hosting services so if someone would host the pic pls send me a pm. other files found in the drive include intros to the extras material in the movie.

EDIT: Thanks to msgohan for hosting the pic.

See less See more
#1,207 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysfunction26 /forum/post/14919025

I watched Iron Man as my first BR experience last night, I was not impressed either, I just received my Samsung BDP1500 last night. I just bought my first 720p projector (Planar PD7130), the first three movies I watched on it were all HD DVD's, Transformers, Harry Potter OOTP and King Kong. All three of those movies had me floored on how great they looked. Iron man was a HUGE disappointment, I am renting OOTP and The Hulk tonight to compare them with my HD DVD copies. Hopefully it's just Iron Man and not the player.

Considering there are identical codes floating around on both formats and the players only introduce incremental differences, I'm guessing Iron Man's visual look is what killed it. (Kinda drab color palette and a bit gray looking at times, which is exactly what it looked like in it's theatrical run...)

#1,209 ·
It didn't play on certain players.. I think it was Sony standalones. Those discs never saw the light of day though.

#1,216 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by raoul_duke /forum/post/16693483

Not true, I have the original dual grey disc release, as some online stores sent them out early. It works perfecty fine on my PS3, hence I never bothered replacing it.

It worked on the PS3, but not Sony's regular players at the time.

#1,218 ·
copy and pasted, got redirected here:

hey guys. After seing iron man 2 i wanted to rewatch Iron man one. I actually had loaned it to a buddy so i gotta get it back. But i remember there was some issue with the audio. I cant seem to find the post on it now, so i'll just ask here.

What was the issue? I seem to recall soemthing was wrong with the PCM/True HD output. Suposedly it sounded better on regular bitstream output for some reason

was that the case? Did they ever fix it? Im just wondering if i have to change anything on my ps3 to watch it (i usually have it outputting pcm 7.1 to my 5.1 setup on my pioneer elite sc-05)

#1,219 ·
All you need to do is turn off the DRC (Dynamic Range Compression / Control) settings on your player or AVR from automatic / ON to OFF.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.