AVS Forum banner
904K views 7K replies 702 participants last post by  chise1960 
#1 ·
I looked around and see no actual Parasound owners thread, lots of off shoots, like an a51 thread and the sort but no official PARASOUND thread, so this is it! We welcome all into here that are looking, have questions about, want to buy, or want to talk about Parasound Halo, New Classic and Z series! Benefits of coming in here is finding out about new things (we've been a Parasound Halo dealer for over 6 years and have a very good one on one relationship with them) getting questions answered and talking to others and getting real life experience... i may be able to coax the Parasound guys to pop in here every so often too :) Remember keep in clean, keep it friendly and my mailbox is always open so shoot me a PM or email if you need to i answer usually within an hour or two!

Thanks for stopping in!

#77 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonhawk /forum/post/16644495

As to the C#, Richard actually said that the P7 may have a slight edge in audio quality over the C3, due to it's lack of any video or other processing signals. And it is quite a bit less expensive, so if you can live with analog only, it may work out for you.

Well, I want both the video switching and the room EQ of the C3, and so I'm almost certainly going to get that. It's good to hear that they're so easy to deal with.

Another feature of the Parasound components that I find attractive is that they're all dual voltage. I live in the States right now, but soon I'll be moving overseas, and it will be nice not to have to rely on transformers to protect my equipment.

Matty

#78 ·
Sounds like the buzz is starting agin on the C3... I've been patiently waiting and running without a processor for about a year now (Oppo 983 straight into my Halo A51) and I really have no complaints. I am getting very anxious though because I can't add a BlueRay, or PS3 into the mix until I get something to act as an AV router. This is basically all that a pre-pro needs to do for me. Totally separate 2 channel rig for music, so all the other features are just icing on the cake... oh and I am looking forward to being able to use the balanced connections as well.

#79 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by exm /forum/post/16644743

Agreed. I have the Parasound A51 and A23 and I love them. However, they did drop the ball on delaying the C3. I moved on already, and I'm sure a lot others have moved on as well.

I can understand not wanting to wait for the C3, but did they "drop the ball"? Perhaps it's the other manufacturers who dropped the ball by releasing buggy products! Many others have had to be updated again and again- sometimes by sending it back to the Mfg., or taking it to a service center. What a nightmare!

This sounds good to me (from the Parasound site):

"The NewClassic Model 7100 is a great example of this commitment. We improved it again and again over a period of many months before it was released to the public. The results? The Model 7100 is probably the only surround processor ever sold without any bugs whatsover and thus without the need for any upgrades. In fact, the very last Model 7100 built was 100% identical to the very first Model 7100 to come off the production line! We didn't need to inconvenience our customers and dealers with a single hardware change, firmware or software update. I'm applying this same stringent standard of excellence to our new 7.1 models."

THAT is worth waiting for IMO.

#80 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigsMovies /forum/post/16648027

I can understand not wanting to wait for the C3, but did they "drop the ball"? Perhaps it's the other manufacturers who dropped the ball by releasing buggy products! Many others have had to be updated again and again- sometimes by sending it back to the Mfg., or taking it to a service center. What a nightmare!

This sounds good to me (from the Parasound site):

"The NewClassic Model 7100 is a great example of this commitment. We improved it again and again over a period of many months before it was released to the public. The results? The Model 7100 is probably the only surround processor ever sold without any bugs whatsover and thus without the need for any upgrades. In fact, the very last Model 7100 built was 100% identical to the very first Model 7100 to come off the production line! We didn't need to inconvenience our customers and dealers with a single hardware change, firmware or software update. I'm applying this same stringent standard of excellence to our new 7.1 models."

THAT is worth waiting for IMO.

There is no doubt that Parasound puts out a superior product. I really enjoyed my C2 and Parasound amps. I still have the amps, but could not continue to see my C2 lose value and still not be able to properly enjoy the new formats.

I got what I could out of the C2 and have moved on to the Integra DHC 9.9. I couldn't be happier.

#81 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy81 /forum/post/16648053

There is no doubt that Parasound puts out a superior product. I really enjoyed my C2 and Parasound amps. I still have the amps, but could not continue to see my C2 lose value and still not be able to properly enjoy the new formats.

I got what I could out of the C2 and have moved on to the Integra DHC 9.9. I couldn't be happier.

I moved from Lexicon products to the Onkyo 885 (aka Integra 9.8) and I still regret the day I did so. At this point (with Lexicon's recent announcement for a new platform), I rather wait for this instead of hoping that he C3 is an improvement over the 885. I def would have bought the C3 if Parasound released the C3 earlier this year as originally announced.

And it's interesting that Parasound changed the C3 release info from 'bad economical climate' to 'releasing a bugfree unit'. I respect either reason and I might be a C3 in the future if the reviews are great, but at this point I moved on already.

#82 ·
If you guys get a chance i just started a blog you can follow it and see all of the cool new things that will be going on including new releases
Check it out premieracousticlifestyles.blogspot.com

#83 ·
You will see the C3 in September...Reliable sources... VERY reliable sources as well as the New Classic pieces

#85 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by msilverz /forum/post/16697498

Does anyone know that the MSRP is going to be?

Matty

The unofficial price will be $3500

#86 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by pal1982 /forum/post/16696479

You will see the C3 in September...Reliable sources... VERY reliable sources as well as the New Classic pieces

Yeap. Preview at CEDIA. Ships after that.

S~

#88 ·
Just ordered a P7 from Audio Advisor to go with my new A52.

Hint: Always look for the open box/factory refurb/demo deals. Several hundred bucks off on perfect units with full Parasound warranty. Saved $1000.00 on my two units combined.

#89 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonhawk /forum/post/16758574

Just ordered a P7 from Audio Advisor to go with my new A52.

Hint: Always look for the open box/factory refurb/demo deals. Several hundred bucks off on perfect units with full Parasound warranty. Saved $1000.00 on my two units combined.

Agreed.

But if you don't see a discounted unit that you want, just call AA up on their "800" number and tell them to call you up when they've got it.

In my recent experience, they are very good at calling back.

With the added note that I've *never* bought anything from them.

Cheers

#90 ·
Also, I have it on very good authority that Parasound has a possible Universal/BR player in the works.

I say possible because I was told they need to be sure they get it right, in this tough market.

#91 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonhawk /forum/post/16760550

Also, I have it on very good authority that Parasound has a possible Universal/BR player in the works.

I say possible because I was told they need to be sure they get it right, in this tough market.

Shhh.... lol

#92 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonhawk /forum/post/16760550

I've heard that before from Parasound...

#93 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by exm /forum/post/16797513

I've heard that before from Parasound...

You will see non believers... all of Parasound's releases always end up being awesome... i have known about the Blu-ray player here is what i can tell and not get my head chopped off...

Thea reason you have not seen it yet is because the current "high end" BR Players load to slow I.E. the Denon i know i have one... that is something they are trying to fix... if it could load like the PS3 but have be an awesome universal player Parasound would have an awesome piece... that's what you will be seeing from them... Also most likely.... and this is not confirmed but it would most LIKELY only be just Halo player only.

#94 ·
P7 arrived yesterday--got to listen to it for a little while last night. Compared to the NuForce AVP17, and the Arcam AVP700, I will say that last night I was listening to the music and not the system.

Don't like the way way they arrange various multichannel inputs and outputs, but I can deal with that. I do miss the Nuforce ability to adjust center channel on the fly, but I'm keeping it in the loop for TV inputs, so I'll be able to adjust CC for TV viewing.

#95 ·
Just for the benefit of those who does not know that parasound jc2 preamp will be coming out with an ht bypass feature. I have been looking for a dedicated preamp with ht bypass for my 2 channel audio listening. Now, there is no need for me to upgrade my pioneer 84 av receiver that i use for HT. I use my ps3 to do the decoding anyway. Target month is november of this year as per parasound.

TY parasound. I will be a very happy camper come november.

#96 ·
now if we could only get psound to make an upgrade board for c1/c owners to add c3 functionality...i suppose thats way too much to ask....seems like without hdmi/eq/codecs it would need to be a near total gutjob--although if it could be done for 1200 id pay that for it...

#97 ·
I've been using the HCA-2205A since '02. Its really a great amp, connected to a HK AVR 635, a very good combo.

As for any AVR upgrade, although I really like Parasound's quality, I don't want to give up HK's Logic 7 processing by replacing with a Parasound, or any other brand. I prefer L7 over DD for movies, and really like L7 music for listening to the Music Choice channels via C-band.

For my TT system, I'm using HK Citation Eleven pre-amp/Citation 19 power amp.

Also been looking at the Parasound 2100 pre-amp w/HT by-pass. From what I've been reading, its a very good pre-amp. I wouldn't expect anything less from Parasound. I'd like to compare it to the Citation.

#98 ·
So, I'm looking at the following to drive my Dynaudio Contour 3.4s in a large room (one big open floor plan, but listening area is 18x15x12 - listening area 3200cu ft; whole room 8000cu ft):

1) 8 year old Parasound HCA-1500A for 400 bucks.

2) Approx. 5 year old Anthem MCA 20 for 600 bucks

3) Approx. 10 year old Bryston 3b-st for 800 bucks.

All in immaculate condition.....concern with bryston is if it has enough balls.

What do you all think?

#100 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastD /forum/post/16858722

I've been using a Parasound Halo A51 along with an NAD T175 surround-processor to drive Monitor Audio GS-Series speakers. I'm very happy!

5 channel A51 is over my weight limit (of roughly > 65lbs).

So I run a Parasound Halo stereo A21 (less weight than the 5 channel A51 and may or may not be "better").

Together with a 3-channel amp to run the center and surrounds. Somewhat more space demanding and also clunkier. But lends itself to 2 channel music listening which is what I do 80+% of the time.

Cheers

#101 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtherSongs /forum/post/16859073

5 channel A51 is over my weight limit (of roughly > 65lbs).

So I run a Parasound Halo stereo A21 (less weight than the 5 channel A51 and may or may not be "better").

Together with a 3-channel amp to run the center and surrounds. Somewhat more space demanding and also clunkier. But lends itself to 2 channel music listening which is what I do 80+% of the time.

Cheers

Heavy weight of the HCA-2205A @ 85dlbs is why its on the top of my equipment rack.