AVS Forum banner

Charter HDTV

362K views 4K replies 283 participants last post by  met_fan 
#1 ·
Does anyone know when Charter plans on adding more HD channels? I'm moving and have to decide to get Charter or D* tv or dish.

#129 ·
- Any new HD channels coming to the Newtown, CT system?

- WCTX-HD (MyTV) was announced back in February that is was being added, but never was. Any update?

Legal Filing for WCTX: http://www.dpuc.state.ct.us/DPUCUndo...ight=0,charter

- It was also announced that some of the channels were moving to SDV to reclaim bandwidth for additional services, but nothing has been added as a result. What is the status of that rollout and what benefit can we expect?

Legal Filing for SDV: http://www.dpuc.state.ct.us/DPUCUndo...ight=0,charter

#132 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwer /forum/post/16714008

Greetings to UMatter2Charter.

Is there a chance to get a status update for USA HD and MSNBC HD in the Asheville, NC Area, if at all possible? Thanks.

I'd honestly like to stick with Charter here. But when D* and E* are ringing my phone off the hook with packages with 3 or 4 times the HD channels (For less money), and the 5C DRM problems I've had... If I'm going to have to buy an HD-PVR and retire my D-VHS already, I might as well get more programming for it, y'know?

You have a PM.

George

#139 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umatter2Charter /forum/post/16784487

Everyone else has been pm'd as well.

I haven't received a response to my post of 6/18 yet.

#140 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by forumreader /forum/post/16784837

I understand that Minnesota is due for some major upgrades for HD channels sometime this year according to an article in the Rochester Post-Bulletin a few days ago - any specific information as to what channels and when ?

Channels will launch on or around 8/18. Mailers listing channel and internet speed additions will be mailed out at the beginning of August.

#141 ·
Can you confirm that existing quality HD channels won't be dropped when these new channels are going to be added?

If HDNet and/or HDNet Movies get bumped for something useless like ABC Family, ESPN News, Cartoon Network, or Lifetime, you'll succeed in removing my final roadblock to moving to E*

#146 ·
Hi,

I live in the city of Rosemead, CA a suburb in Los Angeles, CA. I used to have FSN HD as a part-time channel in my area on channel 774 that would only show content when a live sporting event involving some of the local teams such as the Lakers, Dodgers, Clippers, Angels occurs. Charter carries both FS West and FS Prime Ticket in SD in my area. Recently, Charter changed the part-time FSN HD channel into FS West HD showing content produced by FS West 24/7. Therefore, sporting events on Prime Ticket are no longer shown on FSN HD as it had been in the past. As a fan of the Dodgers, I am upset at this change because the Dodgers are usually televised on Prime Ticket and I am stuck with watching my favorite baseball team in SD. Before, I was able to at least watch most of their games in HD on FSN HD but not anymore. What's up with the change? Does this mean that I will be receiving FS Prime Ticket in HD on a separate channel sometime in the near future? I called Charter, spoke to rep regarding this issue and I interacted with another Charter rep through online chat but none of them seems to have a clue. Thanks.

#147 ·
And now, instead of the anticipation of Charter adding channels, they are taking them away and changing them to premium channels. As of this past weekend or so I can no longer watch Paladium HD or Universal HD as they now have the dreaded lock on them like other premium channels. You've already taken away Angel and Dodger games from FSN HD. Verizon cable is starting to look like a much better option getting off the sinking Charter vessel.

#148 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny5.1 /forum/post/16860004

And now, instead of the anticipation of Charter adding channels, they are taking them away and changing them to premium channels. As of this past weekend or so I can no longer watch Paladium HD or Universal HD as they now have the dreaded lock on them like other premium channels. You've already taken away Angel and Dodger games from FSN HD. Verizon cable is starting to look like a much better option getting off the sinking Charter vessel.

I'll assume that you don't subscribe to Charter HD service and have enjoyed viewing those two channels clear QAM until now.

While I'm no Charter apologist by any stretch of the imagination, you should consider yourself lucky to have gotten any non-network HD clear-QAM in the past. Except due to oversight,very few cablecos provide anything more than network HD channels via clear-QAM. The channels you mentioned are part of the HD tier. For me, $5/month HD tier + $5/month HD stb (or $2/month cablecard). There are MANY other non-premium channels that are encrypted QAM.

I would prefer Charter improve the quality of their existing HD channels instead of adding more.

#151 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by biswas /forum/post/16864741

Charter has been making strides in West Michigan lately as well. They added Fox Sports Detroit HD about 6 weeks ago, and I got a letter in the mail stating that on September 12th they will be adding MHD, StarzHD, and ESPN2HD. This will bring our total to 17 HD channels.

Also they have made adjustments to their QAM frequency distribution in regards to HD. In my area they have made adjustments that make it so there are no longer 3 HD channels on any QAM frequency. The max is now 2 per QAM, everything was 3 per QAM before that. This equates to a really nice upgrade in our HD PQ, and it is noticeable.

Wouldnt mind hearing from other Charter subs around the country as to what recent and future HD additions they are aware of.

DIRECTSTARTV.COM

Received flyer in the mail yesterday, they are adding here (Rochester Minnesota) FOX News HD, CNN HD, and Lifetime HD on 8/18, bringing the total HD channels available at around 40.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.