AVS Forum banner

The Official Xbox DEALS discussion thread. DEALS ONLY!

501K views 6K replies 485 participants last post by  spid 
#1 ·
Find any good deals on Xbox games, Live cards, MS Points, hardware..? Post a link in this thread.

Interested is getting email notifications on good deals for Xbox stuff..? Subscribe to this thread.

OPTIONAL: If known, please mention how much for shipping and if tax is applicable.

A good (if somewhat cluttered) source for gaming deals is Cheap Ass Gamer.

#1,155 ·
adding the items to your cart, it says that he's sold out.

#1,156 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by formulanerd /forum/post/16784027

why would a points card be a top seller at retail price?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flatus /forum/post/16784492

Exactly. And why would the full-price $50 4k points CODE outsell the $45 4k points CARD during the time when the card was on sale?

I believe I already answered both of these questions, because people are stupid (and lazy). Why do items regularly sell on eBay for more than you can get them brand new from a reputable retailer? Because people are stupid.

#1,157 ·
why so serious....

#1,159 ·
OK, I was asking because I had the same moral issues like some of you.

I actually bought the cards (4K points), two of them, one at a time, from the same guy, the one with the website, but at ebay. I even posted about that in another forum (dvdtalk), that was more than two weeks ago. So yeah, the points are valid, you can use paypal, etc.

But like I said before, he's leaving a lot of trail, I mean it's really easy to find him, if he's stealing accounts or so. It's just too gray area for me. I can't be convinced either way.

#1,161 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsra13 /forum/post/16789871

OK, I was asking because I had the same moral issues like some of you.

I actually bought the cards (4K points), two of them, one at a time, from the same guy, the one with the website, but at ebay. I even posted about that in another forum (dvdtalk), that was more than two weeks ago. So yeah, the points are valid, you can use paypal, etc.

But like I said before, he's leaving a lot of trail, I mean it's really easy to find him, if he's stealing accounts or so. It's just too gray area for me. I can't be convinced either way.

agreed, but he's not the only one.

another guy will actually give you quantity breaks. buy 1x4000 = $29ea, 2x4000 = $27ea, 5x4000 = $26ea

#1,165 ·
I necrobumped the Bionic Commando thread as well, so people go buy this game. I might grab the PS3 version, so I'll have to remove something from my anemic 20GB to fit the install for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd /forum/post/16790272

This is unpossible. Gamestop doesn't sell things less than other stores. Was there a wormhole or something involved? Paradox? Twilight Zone? I'll grab Bionic Commando tonight. New version $20 Used version $50...

Let us know if they try to sell you a used copy, for only $49.99

#1,167 ·
Yeah - $20 for these spring flops are a good deal.

bought:

Chrono Trigger for the DS

Prince of Persia for PS3 (for the Wife)

Shaun White for PS3 (for when guests are around and they just want to fok around)

#1,168 ·
any deals on the 120gig hard drive

#1,170 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by formulanerd /forum/post/16739836

ok, this is SMOKING HOT.

amazon is running a deal, where you trade in $50+ worth of games, and you can get %50 off a game

at first glance this isnt a huge deal, but this also works on accessories.....

a few notable things you could use this with.

Band hero pre-order - $100

DJ hero w/ turntable pre-order - $60

Beatles limited edition bundle - $124.50

120GB hard drive kit - $70

ION drum rocker kit - $140

Tekken 6 w/ Wireless Stick - $75

SF4 Fight Stick - $40

60gb HD kit - $45

Playseat EVO - $150

MW:2 Collectors - $40

Arkham Asylum Collectors (seriously the best looking collectors edition ever) - $47.50

i'm sure there are many other great things to use this on.

To qualify for the 50% off coupon code, you must create a trade-in order during the promotion period (June 28, 2009 - July 11, 2009). Items must be postmarked no later than July 18, 2009 to qualify.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a little strategy....

say you want the ion.

you buy 2 copies of Boom Blox Bash Party @ best buy for $63 and change out the door.

amazon gives you $54 for trade in, and $140 off of the ion kit.

$280

+63

----------

$149 shipped for the ION Kit..... smokin' smokin' smokin' deal.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhh!!!!!!!! The promotional code I got won't work on the Playseat Evolution

As far as I'm concerned it's located in the video games store and sold/shipped by Amazon, they need to honor the offer. I sent them an email, we'll see what they say.

#1,176 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flatus /forum/post/16796052

Kinda makes me wish I woulda grabbed another 4k code last weekend...

ebay seller emoryjackie is legit, and i believe it was a hair cheaper.