AVS Forum banner

Will BH200 read BD-RE and BD-R?

11K views 29 replies 17 participants last post by  spexman 
#1 ·
Any of you owners care to say if it does or doesn't? I can't seem to find a post that confirms or denies it.

LonG

#27 ·
Does anyone know of a place that actually has the BH200 (April 08) firmware version # BH02080402F that I could get a copy of? Since I've got the newer firmware I was wondering if I simply re-flash to that older firmware? LG only seems to have the very latest on their site.

Many thanks in advance!

EDIT: Looks like I found a copy. :)

#29 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by emit151 /forum/post/16838117

It's not on LG's website anymore. I need to be able to play BD-R/RE disks and cannot with the current firmware... Help!

Look on the LG Canada site, and look for the BH200 firmware with the file size of 38,045K. Hope this helps.

#30 ·
I am a latecomer to the BH200 and have been scouring all the information on this site for guidance--thanks to all the posters for the awesome help!

I would like to be able to play BD-R/BD-REs on the BH200; from the info on the forum, it appears that the April 2008 firmware is what I need.

Indeed, with the latest fw(March 2010), it reads ALL BD-REs I put in as Data discs and thus will NOT play the content. But, with the April 2008 fw(my thanks to the person who still has it posted for download!) it WILL play BD-RE 25GB as video content; however, I CANNOT get a BD-RE 50GB disc to be recognized as video; I have tried countless times, using the same methods of burning that gets the BD-RE 25GB disc to work, but still, the 50GB disc is always recognized as a DATA disc. VERY frustrating.

IF anyone can offer me any advice to solve my problem, it would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.