AVS Forum banner

ADA Mach 4......WOW!!!!

258K views 2K replies 142 participants last post by  CCLAY 
#1 ·
I have purchased an ADA Mach4 for evaluation before specifying for clients. This is an incredible piece of gear.

It has 8 HDMI ins and 2 HDMI outs. It also has the same number of S, Composite and Component. No scaler but most people have a high end scaler.

It decodes all formats and sounds fabulous, but has a few geek features I really liked.

A digital and analog crossover that are both active. This allows someone with large speakers to run them full range and still have the .1 info sent to the sub.

You can configure from any pc as it has a Lan port. It has way too many varibles to list.

It also has a full parametric EQ that is also configured from the PC.

No Remote which means you need an outboard controller

Having had the Lexicon MC12HD replaced by the Integra DHC 9.9 this unit is head and shoulders above either of them. It truly bears consideration by our type of people.

Bravo ADA

*Yes I am an ADA dealer but that does not have bearing on my opinion. I removed the Mach 3 to go to Lexicon

See less See more
#2 ·
Full room correction?

I see no scaler as a positive.

Price?

#4 ·
No Balanced? I'm out.

#5 ·
#6 ·
Jeff their xlr converter works great and this preamp is awesome

#7 ·
XLR comes standard on the Cinema Reference. I too have used the balanced converter with a Suite 7.1 and then later with the Suite 7.1HD (HDMI, same system). I completely concur regarding these ADA products. One of the better kept secrets of the industry- seriously under-rated.

Dan

#9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland /forum/post/17534724

Looks like a balanced version is on the way... Right from the horse's mouth.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/10749949-post19.html

Anyone have info. on the ETA of the balanced version? Even from an installers POV, can't understand why companies provide so many composite and s-video inputs -- these take up back panel real estate that could be allocated differently if that's an issue.

Owned some ADA pieces in the past, great stuff.

#12 ·
Read elsewhere that the balanced version is scheduled for Dec release. Any idea if the Trinnov will be an installable module? Am very interested in this unit.

#14 ·
What is the Trinnoc=v all about and how does it fit with the Mach IV?

#16 ·
Trinnov room correction will initially be a separate rack mountable unit. The new rhapsody has a front mounted USB port for the microphone later the room correction will be built into the preamps- I was told this directly by ADA at cedia. Albert was actually playing with the rack mount prototype between meetings at the show. The suite 7.1 will not have Trinnov built in to keep the 1RU profile it has had for years.

I didn't really get a great look at how the software works, but it sure seems more intuitive than just looking at sweeps or curves per speaker. I did see a screen that showed what looked to be the standard ITU speaker configuration vs actual- that's about all I have on it at the moment. I have a feeling that ADA is about to have a winner on their hands, and that other manufacturers are going to be sweating the little guys from White Plains.

Dan

#17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanFrancis /forum/post/17554959

Trinnov room correction will initially be a separate rack mountable unit. The new rhapsody has a front mounted USB port for the microphone later the room correction will be built into the preamps- I was told this directly by ADA at cedia. Albert was actually playing with the rack mount prototype between meetings at the show. The suite 7.1 will not have Trinnov built in to keep the 1RU profile it has had for years.

I didn't really get a great look at how the software works, but it sure seems more intuitive than just looking at sweeps or curves per speaker. I did see a screen that showed what looked to be the standard ITU speaker configuration vs actual- that's about all I have on it at the moment. I have a feeling that ADA is about to have a winner on their hands, and that other manufacturers are going to be sweating the little guys from White Plains.

Dan

How would the programmability, features and modes compare to a Dobly Lake? Is the Lake still the king?

Thanks Dan.

#18 ·
Any idea of how the separate unit will work with the Rhapsody? There are two HDMI outs on the Rhapsody so it looks like a digital processor loop could be implemented. Or will it simply take the analog outs and redigitize?

#19 ·
I believe that it can be configured as an HDMI loop from what I read of the rhapsody specs in the latest price list. There's also the aformentioned dual crossovers (1 analog, 1 digital ) that are always active: analog is for the 7.1 ext input, the digital is for all the other inputs (I mis remembered)

When I get to my laptop I can cut and paste the info.

Dan

Jeff,

I'm not sure what the capapbilities are compared to the Lake, I would imagine that it's similar- the real question is how much processor power they each have in comparisson to each other (Lake= x processors, Trinnov= y processors). Since we're talking about full-range signals whoever has more computing power ultimately has the edge. There's also the advantage of the digital connection vs the analog connection of the Lake (this is a place where Tact currently has an edge over others).

Here's a jpeg of the specs of the Mach 4

#21 ·
Guys,

The new ADA products are indeed fantastic but perhaps I can shed a little light on the subject as well as getting Richard to post some feedback here himself.

My experience with ADA is that the RCA outs have extremely high SNR and output which makes it easy for me to recommend properly made RCA to XLR cables where needed for short runs in a rack. When I do need balanced then the XLRX8 RCA to XLR converter does a stunning job - just look at the SNR specs!

The in built Trinnov in the Rhapsody HD is not yet available and the upgrade path is still TBD as far as I know. Hopefully this will just be a SW upgrade not a HW upgrade. This version will be a more basic implementation of Trinnov than on the standalone units and probably won't have many settings in the PC SW.

The standalone box shown at CEDIA was fully balanced but is designed to be used as analogues in and out with no HDMI loop through. That may change before delivery though as it is still a "future" product.

Having plenty of experience with both Trinnov and Lake I would say that the Trinnov is now showing the better results. The Lake is a pure manual device that can do some amazing things with some one skilled enough to drive it but the processing that the Trinnov can do, especially azimuth and phase related, is pretty amazing IMO.

Neil

#22 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmiles /forum/post/17556941

Looking at adding this to the aresnal.

The Maestro M3 is said to be the same as the Arcam AV888 [which I have chimed in on various threads with that tidbit from time to time]

I was told the "magic sauce" is the DIVA but requires [or should have shall we say] thier IasysHT analyser for true stroking and tweaking.

Note properly trained dealer or AC themselves will come on site [fee based of course] for final calibration. So it appears they are quite dedicated at what the do.

Comments?

For me the ADA is a no brainer choice over this then. You just need to try the HDMI switching for 30 secs to see that it just works where other devices frankly don't. In particular have a try moving around from various HD codecs on a single input without switching to see how many bugs other units have!

#25 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenh /forum/post/17561756

why do so many processors come out with only one sub out? My MC12 has left and right sub plus LFE. is there a reason they do this? this is one reason i would never buy one without these features no matter how good it sounded.

Because all sub is mono even when there is multile outputs they are tied to one point. There is is no stereo seperation to be concerned about. Almost all high end subs now have the master slave relationship available

#26 ·
Ditto... Put 2 different subs on two different outputs and you lose 6db of extra output if sub output pans let or right. Mono is what you want for low frequencies in a HT in my opinion..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.