AVS Forum banner
130K views 1K replies 79 participants last post by  Franin 
#1 ·

Theater under construction

Will be back soon

Reactions: Burgundy83
#3 ·
That is AWESOME!!!!!!! I have been waiting for a very long time to see some in depth pics of the "Fortress of Solitude. All I can say is WOW!!!! That is one amazing setup you have mi amigo! And the photos you took are primo! I love all the different angles you took of all the gear. Your system is definitely magazine worthy.

Thank you for sharing your system on here.
I know it's going to get a lot of responses.

Seth

#1,305 ·
That is AWESOME!!!!!!! I have been waiting for a very long time to see some in depth pics of the "Fortress of Solitude. All I can say is WOW!!!! That is one amazing setup you have mi amigo! And the photos you took are primo! I love all the different angles you took of all the gear. Your system is definitely magazine worthy.

Seth
Hey Seth longtime no hear mate hows it going buddy !!

#7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeah32 /forum/post/17620195

Seth

Thank you for the kind words, Seth. I appreciate it. It's because of you I finally got my a** in gear and took some pics. Muchas gracias, amigo.

#8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_bartman /forum/post/17620445

VERY nice system. That has to sound amazing. Is that a dedicated room?

How big is the room?

Thanks g_bartman. It is a semi-dedicated room. It's 26.5'x13.5'x8.5', it actually opens up towards the back, if that makes sense.

#9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin /forum/post/17620608

Hey Hey Waboman, fantastic brother.
The McIntosh are the way you have an awesome setup. Those Fathoms 113 look impressive
I love the cabinet the McIntosh are sitting in. Your photography is top notch. Well done mate. You and Seth have an impressive system especially with the Martin Logans. Well done.

Thanks for the compliments, Frank.
As you know, my wife thinks I'm completely off my rocker.

#10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldgibson76 /forum/post/17620779

Waboman, the system is just stunning! Denon, Mc and ML's! No doubt, one of the supreme systems on the sight! Thanks for sharing your accomplishment with us.

Regards,

Thanks ldgibson76.
I've been drooling over all these wonderful systems on AVS, and with a little prodding and a kick in the rear
I finally joined the club.

#12 ·
Great setup you have there. What's funny though is out of all that awesomeness the only thing I could think is: "I wonder if he's gonna get Michael Dorn to sign that poster?".

#13 ·
Yeah, what's up with Worf not signing the poster? Just like a Klingon!!

By the way Waboman, you have an impressive media collection.

And the Marvin the Martian figure along with Pinky and the Brian and Speedy Gonzalez....classic! I grew up on the Warner Bros., cartoons. Most kids of today haven't a clue of what a good cartoon is! You are alright with me!

Regards,

#14 ·
Wow! You have a sweet set up there Waboman. I'm really impressed with the Star Trek NG autographed picture there. That's one set up I'd love to hear.

#16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 /forum/post/17622232

Great setup you have there. What's funny though is out of all that awesomeness the only thing I could think is: "I wonder if he's gonna get Michael Dorn to sign that poster?".
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldgibson76 /forum/post/17622285

Yeah, what's up with Worf not signing the poster? Just like a Klingon!!

Lol. It's a funny story. Michael Dorn actually signed a very small amount. It was brought to his attention there was a contract dispute and he wasn't getting paid to sign. So he took off (just like a Klingon
). The few he did sign are worth a good chunk o' change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldgibson76 /forum/post/0

By the way Waboman, you have an impressive media collection.

And the Marvin the Martian figure along with Pinky and the Brian and Speedy Gonzalez....classic! I grew up on the Warner Bros., cartoons. Most kids of today haven't a clue of what a good cartoon is! You are alright with me!

Regards,

Thanks. Yeah, I'm a Loony Toons fan. I have a few more statues of different characters too. My kids and I still watch Scooby Doo and the classics.
Remember when we were young and had to wait until Saturday morning to watch all the good cartoons? Now with satellite there's cartoons on 24/7... To quote Bobby Dylan, "the times, they are a changin'."

Quote:
Originally Posted by croseiv /forum/post/17622356

Wow! You have a sweet set up there Waboman. I'm really impressed with the Star Trek NG autographed picture there. That's one set up I'd love to hear.

Thank you, croseiv.

#17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman /forum/post/17622134

Thank you for the kind words, Seth. I appreciate it. It's because of you I finally got my a** in gear and took some pics. Muchas gracias, amigo.

You're welcome.
And I meant every word, your system rocks!

It was worth all the gentle prodding here and there, because the photos you took are perfect! And you said you don't take good pics.

#18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman /forum/post/17622161

Thanks for the compliments, Frank.
As you know, my wife thinks I'm completely off my rocker.

Don't worry mate my wifes the same if she knew I was going to end buying all this HT stuff she wouldn't of let me buy my RCA prologic system 10 years ago. It's a historical day in our family that my wife calls it Regretful Day!

#19 ·
Amazing system you have there. Very tastefully done.

On a side note, your signature quote, "Growing Older not Up" was my Father in Law's advice for me in my recent marriage. I believe he was inspired by a shirt from Senior Frogs. I find it to be useful for times when we take life too seriously.

#20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin /forum/post/17620608

Hey Hey Waboman, fantastic brother.
The McIntosh are the way you have an awesome setup. Those Fathoms 113 look impressive
I love the cabinet the McIntosh are sitting in. Your photography is top notch. Well done mate. You and Seth have an impressive system especially with the Martin Logans. Well done.

Hi Frank.

Yes I agree, his photos came out awesome! It's tough taking good pics with no natural light, so I am very impressed. And thanks for the compliment on my system also.

Seth

#23 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeah32 /forum/post/17627180

Hi Frank.

Yes I agree, his photos came out awesome! It's tough taking good pics with no natural light, so I am very impressed. And thanks for the compliment on my system also.

Seth

Thanks guys. It's nice to hear. Plus with the Mac's all glass front panel everything is a reflection. Talk about ruining a picture fast. All you need is to see me in the reflection, all contorted trying to take a pic. Now that's scary!

#24 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin /forum/post/17625606

Don't worry mate my wifes the same if she knew I was going to end buying all this HT stuff she wouldn't of let me buy my RCA prologic system 10 years ago. It's a historical day in our family that my wife calls it Regretful Day!

That's classic, Frank. Let me be the first to wish you a happy Regretful day.

#25 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelinas /forum/post/17625856

Amazing system you have there. Very tastefully done.

On a side note, your signature quote, "Growing Older not Up" was my Father in Law's advice for me in my recent marriage. I believe he was inspired by a shirt from Senior Frogs. I find it to be useful for times when we take life too seriously.

Thanks, Gelinas. That's good advice your father-in-law gave you. I try not to take things too seriously. I actually got the quote from a guy who lives the ultimate lifestyle, Jimmy Buffett. It's a song title to one of his songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvGeek07 /forum/post/17627234

WOW! can we all come over for a movie!?

any way,that's a nice setup. Now some of us low budget audiophiles are jealous. ha,ha.

Come on over AvGeek07. Just make sure to bring some cold fermented beverages with you.
We get thirsty crankin' it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klipper /forum/post/17627978

The room & the gear look excellent the 2 reel traps behind the main speakers have u noticed the difference since u put them on the wall.

Regards lino.

Thanks Klipper. Yes, I noticed a big difference with the Reel Traps in place. The audio became much more "tight" and not as "airy" if that makes any sense?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.