AVS Forum banner

Wii deals thread

72K views 481 replies 74 participants last post by  voodoozen 
#1 ·
I figure since many Wii owners are probably budget conscious, and Amazon, etc. has been doing a lot of deals on Wii games as late, it'd be handy to have a thread here where we can all notify each other of good bargain finds. Thanks to any contributors.

I'm not sure if this kind of thread is against the rules, but if it is, someone let me know and I will delete it. Delete the crap out of it.

No More Heroes $30 shipped

Okami $37 shipped

Madden NFL 08 $30 shipped

#302 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Wes /forum/post/17594645

It looks like HH Gregg will have the Wii on Black Friday for $169.99 after a $30.00 MIR. It'll cost you the same out of the door, but you can recoup some cash provided you remember to submit a fully completed rebate form.

No need for MIR, Buy.com via eBay has it for $170 with free shipping (hurry, may not last long).

#305 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundull /forum/post/17622608

Metroid Prime Trilogy CE for $29 at Target from 11.29-12.5

http://weeklyad.target.com/target/De...0&go.y=0&go=Go

If you own a Wii & don't have this one yet....it is a crime.

Crime jumps to felony level if you don't grab it @ the Target sale price.

This game is a bargain at full retail price. I know that in my case, I am currently close to 80% done w/ the 1st Prime.....after over 20 hrs playtime (based on game data). I still have 2 more complete Prime games to go on this disc.

#307 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwebb1970 /forum/post/17626590

If you own a Wii & don't have this one yet....it is a crime.

Crime jumps to felony level if you don't grab it @ the Target sale price...

I just bought it site-to-store at walmart.com for $28.96 + tax. With 15% Bing Cashback my total came to $26.36 for this series. I can't wait! UPDATE: Walmart now shows Out of Stock (sorry)

For those that have it already, I'm assuming it is much better with some kind of gun... the official Zapper, Nyko's Perfect Shot, etc. Anyone have any suggestions as to which one I should get to go with this?? I don't care about Link's Crossbow Training (the bundled game) -- I want the best gun.

The one game I haven't seen drop to $29.99 or below yet...Zelda: TP. Please let me know if you run across it somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekinMerrick /forum/post/17631485

Walmart.com WII Points (2000) 15$$ NO TAX!!!
$12.75 with Bing Cashback. Edit: It's true there is no tax, but you have to ship it to your house for $2.97. I still comes out to $15.72 with BCB.

Wow. I'm so green with my Wii I wouldn't don't even know what to download, though now. Yep. I bit.
Dang it, next I'll have to buy one of those Wii Classic Controllers! They've got me hook line and sinker.

P.S. If you're having trouble finding the link, just go to bing.com, search for "walmart" and click on the gold coin at the top of the page.

#308 ·
I keep telling family to buy me all this stuff. going to kind of suck already knowing most of my Christmas presents. I even bought my own blu ray player and hopefully someone will give me cash where I consider it a gift. lol

I may not play these metroid games for a while, but it's hard to pass up at these lwo prices.

A lot of greatd eals on games I finally was patient enough tow ait a while for. If I had waited for tiger woods that would have saved me $20 more though!

#310 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTownGuy /forum/post/17631526

I just bought it site-to-store at walmart.com for $28.96 + tax. With 15% Bing Cashback my total came to $26.36 for this series. I can't wait! UPDATE: Walmart now shows Out of Stock (sorry)

For those that have it already, I'm assuming it is much better with some kind of gun... the official Zapper, Nyko's Perfect Shot, etc. Anyone have any suggestions as to which one I should get to go with this?? I don't care about Link's Crossbow Training (the bundled game) -- I want the best gun.

Wow. I'm so green with my Wii I wouldn't don't even know what to download, though now. Yep. I bit.
Dang it, next I'll have to buy one of those Wii Classic Controllers! They've got me hook line and sinker.

MP Trilogy will not work w/ a gun add-on....well, it could be played w/ such, but some of your important buttons - the "+" & "-" on the Wiimote (for weapons & visor selections) as well as the 1 & 2 (map & Samus' log) would be tough to access when the Wiimote is crammed into a gun shell. After playing it for a bit, I think you'll see that MP Trilogy is one of the finer, if not the best, FPS-type games on the Wii, esp in the control dept (Wiimote/nunchuck combo) - but it does not need & would become cumbersome with a gun add-on.

But most seem to like the Nyko Perfect Shot for light gun type stuff over the official Wii Zapper. Zapper works well in the game it comes with (Link's Crossbow Training), but the only other titles I have come across that work decently with it are the last 2 Wii Call of Duty titles (World @ War & Modern Warfare: Reflex). Playing MW: Reflex w/ a Zapper this week, in fact. Perfect Shot is good for stuff like the Resident Evil/House of the Dead-type rail shooters. The WiiWare title Wild West Guns (cowboy-themed arcade shooter - pretty fun, actually) is tailor made for something like a Perfect Shot.

Classic or Gamecube controllers will generally both work w/ most Virtual Console titles. In my case, I have a Classic & a GC controller. Can use both for 2 player VC stuff. Plus, having a GC controller opens up the world of Gamecube titles for your Wii. Several good games from that generation available for a song these days.

#311 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekinMerrick /forum/post/17631485

Walmart.com WII Points (2000) 15$$ NO TAX!!!

I should let the wife know.....temporarily keep her from complaining over every $10 batch of Points I buy every couple of weeks or more for RB/GH DLC.

#313 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTownGuy /forum/post/17633582

Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga has been temporarily reduced on Amazon to $12.98 (I guess some say it was as low as $10 on Black Friday). I'm going to pass only because I've bought too much already for one Christmas.

Good price & a good game for the kiddos and any adult SW fan.

#314 ·
Note: This is not the price for the full band kit (guitar only)

Amazon Lightning Deal

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=cs_top_nav_gb27

$45.00 (free shipping of course)

It doesn't look like this will last long. I've heard that Rock Band 2 Full Band Kits are sold out almost everywhere, too. Strange. I guess there are a lot of new (or soon to be) rhythm game fans...

Edit: I should also mention that all of today's deals are for the Wii. The first couple were not very impressive, though.

#315 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTownGuy /forum/post/17642219

Amazon Lightning Deal

It doesn't look like this will last long. I've heard that Rock Band 2 Full Band Kits are sold out almost everywhere, too. Strange. I guess there are a lot of new (or soon to be) rhythm game fans...

Edit: I should also mention that all of today's deals are for the Wii. The first couple were not very impressive, though.

It's gone now, looks like Little King's Story next, followed by I'd guess Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games, followed by Drawn to Life.

#316 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTownGuy /forum/post/17642219

Amazon Lightning Deal

RB2 Wii kits are basically gone online, including over @ the official RB Store.

Several local WalMarts, Targets & GameStops, however, still have them in stock for around $140. Do see that 360/PS3 band kits are going for $99 currently. Guess the seemingly higher demand for the Wii edition is what's keeping it at the old sale price. I wonder if new XMAS/post-price cut Wiis are all getting RB and/or Beatles stuff this season?

That, or EA just produced fewer Wii sets & the supply is finally dipping low.

#317 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 /forum/post/17642312

It's gone now, looks like Little King's Story next, followed by I'd guess Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games, followed by Drawn to Life.

I was kind of wondering if the 3:00PM PT deal would be Sports Resort.

Hint: "Compete in new sports events"

As for the World Tour deal...not a huge loss if anyone missed it. This time next year, if they had the GH5 guitar bundle for $45, I might go for that. The GH5 guitar is the best one so far IMO. I've played them all.

#318 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTownGuy /forum/post/17642864

I was kind of wondering if the 3:00PM PT deal would be Sports Resort.

Hint: "Compete in new sports events"

That crossed my mind as well, but I figure that Wii Sports Resort is probably selling well enough on its own without discounts, and they seem to not be doing big ticket games.

I mean, the Guitar Hero bundle was WT, not BH or GH5, and the other games are all under-sellers.

#319 ·
#321 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwebb1970 /forum/post/17642962

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3177159

Next week, WalMart is giving out $50 gift card w/ Wiis.

A few Wii games, including Lego RB & Beatles RB @ $40 each.

Not having to deal with Black Friday crowds and still scoring a Wii for essentially $150 is pretty sweet. In store only? Any wording like "Limited quantities" in that ad?

I know someone who's looking to buy one, so this will be welcome news. It's funny...I took my Wii with me travelling for Thanksgiving and now I've got 2 people buying them after playing mine.

#322 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTownGuy /forum/post/17643284

Not having to deal with Black Friday crowds and still scoring a Wii for essentially $150 is pretty sweet. In store only? Any wording like "Limited quantities" in that ad?

I know someone who's looking to buy one, so this will be welcome news. It's funny...I took my Wii with me travelling for Thanksgiving and now I've got 2 people buying them after playing mine.

They were - and still may be - selling $20 Wii Points cards for $15 as well.

Can always turn around & use that $50 gift card on a game - I can envision many copies of New Super Mario Bros getting bought with these.

#323 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.