#1 ·
Im in between:

Samsung PN63c7000

Samsung UN55C7000 cheap

Samsung UN60C6300

Samsung UN55C6500 cheap

Samsung LN60c630 cheap

Panasonic 58V10 or 65V10

With all the problems ive seen with samsungs buzzing and panasonic floating black problems, im lost at this point. Ive even heard of the panasonics now buzzing.

It seems impossible to find tvs which arent plagued with problems.

#2 ·
if you wanna save a few bucks get the g10. the v10 and g10 have about the same pic quality, but the v10 has more features.

#6 ·
i, personally prefer the panasonic, as i just bought a 50g10. i am very pleased. i think i would've been happy had i gone with a samsung b650 too, if it din't buzz. if you can afford it get the 58v10. bigger is better and the v10's are nice tv's.

#8 ·
there's been reports of black levels getting lighter. not 100% sure if all panels do it, but there is a small movement going on trying to get panasonic to address it. it's in the plasma forum if you wanna read some of the posts. i would read the first couple of pages and at 3-5 pages at the end to get an idea of what's going on.

#9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezff /forum/post/17824463

honestly, I havent really narrowed them down to those two models, I was in between samsung and panasonic, but heard about the buzz issue with the samsung.

Well the Samsung buzz issue is overstated here. You're very unlikely to get a unit that buzzes. In fact you could as unlikely get a buzzing Panasonic.

I would base my decision on the picture I like and price.

#10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezff /forum/post/17824439

does the g10 come in a size bigger than 54?

No. 42", 46", 50" or 54"
http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-e...00000000005702

You should take a look at this Samsung 58" model and compare it to the
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-PN58B8...2313482&sr=1-7

Panasonic 58V10
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002JI0D4Y/...l_28r53brehq_e

Big difference in price between the Panasonic 58V10 and the 54G10 as you can see
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00267PY6K/...l_76l8q60lwc_e

On Dec 13 I found the 54G10 for $400 less and you will find prices changing all the time. I have not found any problems with the 54G10 I bought. I think it is a very outstanding product.

#13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezff /forum/post/17826507

I found the samsung at amazon, but alot of people complain about either the buzzing or the customer service, Thats just ridiculous.

I found the panasonic 54V10 for around $2000. Seems like a no brainer.

the buzzing is a tossup. it could happen with a panasonic also. there are alot more complaints with it about samsung, though. the customer service isn't a gamble. you'll be hard pressed to find good reviews about samsung's customer service. a samsung fanboy mentioned earlier in the thread that the buzzing is overstated. could be. compare panasonic's customer service to samsung's and that's a no brainer. make sure you buy from a reputable online retailer, or better yet, a brick and mortar store should you have any problems with either brand.

#14 ·
I think i feel better about the panasonic than the samsung. A week ago, I felt real good about the samsung, but after hearing the buzzing issue and customer support, I just cant justify spending that type of money on that tv.

I have been a sony fan for a long time, but now Im having a change of heart.

#15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezff /forum/post/17826959

I think i feel better about the panasonic than the samsung. A week ago, I felt real good about the samsung, but after hearing the buzzing issue and customer support, I just cant justify spending that type of money on that tv.

I have been a sony fan for a long time, but now Im having a change of heart.

well, i don't think sony makes plasmas anymore. they had good sets with the trinitrons but i haven't been impressed since then. anyways, unless you have money sitting around, your better investment would be a g10. a v10 is slimmer and has a few more features. personally, i don't see that they're worth the extra money, but that's me. i work hard for my money.

#16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by pukemon /forum/post/17827037

well, i don't think sony makes plasmas anymore. they had good sets with the trinitrons but i haven't been impressed since then. anyways, unless you have money sitting around, your better investment would be a g10. a v10 is slimmer and has a few more features. personally, i don't see that they're worth the extra money, but that's me. i work hard for my money.

HA HA, i know that sony does not make plasmas any longer. I was referring to sony as a brand period. So the V10 offers nothing more than the G10? I also work for my little bit of money I make, Im a firefighter, and have been for 12 years.

#19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by discopaul /forum/post/17825259

Well the Samsung buzz issue is overstated here. You're very unlikely to get a unit that buzzes. In fact you could as unlikely get a buzzing Panasonic.

Misinformation, as usual. Yes, a Panasonic plasma can rarely have a loud, annoying buzz (all plasmas have some buzz, but it's usually quiet and only heard from the back of the display). But it is definitely more common with Samsung plasmas than Panny plasmas (just search the forum, including entire threads dedicated to 2009 Samsung plasma buzzing, and you'll easily see who's correct). I do agree that most 860 Samsung plasmas do not buzz, but nobody knows the exact % that do (is it 2%, 5%, 10%, or higher?). There are too many posts here in the forum by people who had to return 2 or 3 Samsung plasmas before getting one w/o buzz for it to be "overstated" or "unlikely." I was in BB/Magnolia last week and asked the salesman about it. He told me that the V10 outsells the 860 by a wide margin, that he does not get many returns of the Samsung due to buzz, but does get a lot of calls about the buzz from people who bought the Samsung (sounds like many just don't bother returning it, either because it's not too annoying, or it's just too difficult to return it and they can't be bothered, thus guessing the incidence by the # of returns likely underestimates the true incidence of overly loud buzzing).

#21 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillP /forum/post/17828649

Misinformation, as usual. Yes, a Panasonic plasma can rarely have a loud, annoying buzz (all plasmas have some buzz, but it's usually quiet and only heard from the back of the display). But it is definitely more common with Samsung plasmas than Panny plasmas (just search the forum, including entire threads dedicated to 2009 Samsung plasma buzzing, and you'll easily see who's correct).

There is zero scientific basis for that assertion, period. There have also been dealers here who have sold hundreds of Samsungs with but a few returned for buzzing. Neither claims are scientific but I can easily make the assertion than statements regarding buzzing here should be taken with a grain of salt. The science portion of this board is something clearly lacking with some of you!

I do agree that most 860 Samsung plasmas do not buzz, but nobody knows the exact % that do (is it 2%, 5%, 10%, or higher?).

Just as you didn't know what the hell you were saying in the previous statements!

This inordinate obsession with bashing Samsung is typical.

Have you spent as much time noting the now frequent posts of buzzing Panasonics?

There are too many posts here in the forum by people who had to return 2 or 3 Samsung plasmas before getting one w/o buzz for it to be "overstated" or "unlikely." I was in BB/Magnolia last week and asked the salesman about it. He told me that the V10 outsells the 860 by a wide margin, that he does not get many returns of the Samsung due to buzz, but does get a lot of calls about the buzz from people who bought the Samsung (sounds like many just don't bother returning it, either because it's not too annoying, or it's just too difficult to return it and they can't be bothered, thus guessing the incidence by the # of returns likely underestimates the true incidence of overly loud buzzing).

Obviously I wouldn't consider any arguments you make here as having any scientific basis to it, just personal rants.

Again the inordinate time spent with concerns about Samsung buzzing. I'm pretty sure your concerns for buzzing didn't extend to Panasonics, or Pioneers who also had a long history here for buzzing but I gather you merely brushed those aside.

It's ok if you don't like Samsung but the obsessive bitterness is transparent! Should I in turn match your bitter rants with talk of Panasonic power up problems, diminishing black levels, and now threads on buzzing!

See inserted message

#22 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by discopaul /forum/post/17829076

See inserted message

This inordinate obsession with bashing Samsung is typical.

your inordinate obsession with samsung is typical.

#23 ·
I am actually in between these three models. TC-P54V10, TC-P58V10, TC-P54G10

Im coming from a 60" sony, so I really dont want to downsize too much. i was thinking, if I am going to go with the 54", I might as well get the G10 because to me it is the best bang for the buck. On the other hand, the 58" on comes in the V10 series, so quite a bit in price difference. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

#24 ·
Discopaul, I like how your opinions are scientific, and everyone else's are non-scientific.

I don't hate Samsung (I have 2 Sammys, a DLP and CRT, in my home), or any other brand. I just try to provide more balanced info than your fanboyisms ("Samsung is better than everything else -- trust me"). There is no question, whether you agree or not, that the 2009 Samsung plasmas have a problem with loud buzzing -- not every single display, but enough of them to force many to return several of them to get one that doesn't buzz. No display is perfect, but potential Samsung buyers should be aware of this buzzing issue (and yes, potential Panny buyers should also be aware of the black level issue).

I have no reason for bias for or against any given brand, and don't care what display people buy. Why do you care so much that people buy Samsung? Your fanboyism is transparent to all.

#26 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezff /forum/post/17830693

I am actually in between these three models. TC-P54V10, TC-P58V10, TC-P54G10

Im coming from a 60" sony, so I really dont want to downsize too much. i was thinking, if I am going to go with the 54", I might as well get the G10 because to me it is the best bang for the buck. On the other hand, the 58" on comes in the V10 series, so quite a bit in price difference. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I would go for the best bang for the buck and get a 58S1!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.