AVS Forum banner
1M views 4K replies 748 participants last post by  Geoff4RFC 
#1 ·
It would be fun to see pics of your classic stereo setup !

Thanks,

Rob

#27 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanaticalism /forum/post/18019073

SS, isn't that an older pic? Have you made any changes to your system other than the slim?

yes, old pic for sure
.... the center is now a HTM1 to match the 802s, and the DIY preamp is gone for a pass labs X2.5...a Benchmark DAC1 added, and connections all redone as per the schematic I posted above.

#29 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssabripo /forum/post/18020077

yes, old pic for sure
.... the center is now a HTM1 to match the 802s, and the DIY preamp is gone for a pass labs X2.5...a Benchmark DAC1 added, and connections all redone as per the schematic I posted above.

Thought so. You should update your thread with some pics.
Maybe post yoursetup on Bluray.com. Most if not all that were active in the WYSC thread are there in force now.

#30 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanaticalism /forum/post/18025665

Thought so. You should update your thread with some pics.
Maybe post yoursetup on Bluray.com. Most if not all that were active in the WYSC thread are there in force now.

will do! I'm gonna see if I can take some pics this weekend and post it here and on bluray.com

#32 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardsweb /forum/post/18011746

Here is my 2-channel rig in the living room. The speakers are DIY horns veneered in sapelel pommele.

Wow Wardsweb!!! Very nice job on those DYI speakers. (Wish I had talent like that). What in the world are those objects on the rack and by the speakers all glowing pretty blue and everything? Where ever did you find them? I like glowy blue things.

#34 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubisrocks /forum/post/18030290

Wow Wardsweb!!! Very nice job on those DYI speakers. (Wish I had talent like that). What in the world are those objects on the rack and by the speakers all glowing pretty blue and everything? Where ever did you find them? I like glowy blue things.

From the top:

Clearaudio Champion II turntable fitted with a SME 304 arm and Benz Micro Glider

Shanling CD-T1500 CDP

McIntosh C36 preamp

Juicy Music Tercel phono preamp

PS Audio Quintessence power center

Shanling SP-80 mono block amplifiers on the floor

Rack is a VTI BL-304

Amp Stands are Custom Isolation Products

#35 ·
It's simple, but it works well for editing and listening.

shane

#37 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSmith83 /forum/post/18027678

I like your style. A Supervixens poster can really tie the room together.

Thanks, it will become even better soon with a new ceiling (for better "internal measurements", build in a bass-trap, making the ceiling diffuse a little and make it darker), and all the equipment will go in a cabinet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faust3D /forum/post/18032600

Nice Suspiria poster

Thanks. It is really a canvas picture and I will do some more soon.

#42 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanaticalism /forum/post/18064671

Never gets old, Sherv, never gets old... Now get over to Bluray.com!

I'm working on a website to put all my stuff in, once I do, I'll post the pics over at bluray

#45 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spydah /forum/post/18064513

This is my living room set up for 2 channel. I just added the new Rotel integrated amp and I'm loving it. My wife loves the system too and likes the speaker grills OFF. She's a keeper.

B&W CM 7 speakers

Denon DV-1600

Rotel RA-1520

Squeeze Box

APC Surge and Power conditioner

Transparent audio interconnects and speaker cable.

Same speakers and my girl says the same thing about the grills off!!

#46 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcuso92079 /forum/post/18097934

Same speakers and my girl says the same thing about the grills off!!

I gotta get me a new wife...

shane

#49 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN74 /forum/post/18100608

ssabripo, A suggestion, toe-in the speaker much much more.

Nice gear, nice looking room, but poor setup. Toe in might or might not improve imaging, but moving them out left and right certainly would. As would getting rid of that hard surface (coffee table) right in the middle, some room treatments, and a seating position farther away. But most of us have to make compromises in our setup.

#50 ·
Well I don't have a dedicated 2-channel system at the moment, but here is what i've got.

This is when I had the Xpression III table

I just got my Pro-ject RM-9.1 in.