AVS Forum banner

The Official Mack Extended Warranty Thread

17K views 97 replies 45 participants last post by  TapeWorksTXinc 
#1 ·
Hi,

There are a lot of people on this forum that have questions abut our warranty service, or need support. Any one that has any specific questions pertaining to Mack warranty please post here and I will answer all your questions. Please keep the topic related to Mack warranties only.

Thank You,

Dave

#4 ·
Why does it take so long to get a reimbursement from Mack Camera for a projection TV bulb replacement? I received authorization from Mack Camera back in October to go ahead and purchase a replacment bulb for my rear projection TV. As instructed by Mack, I returned the old bulb along with the invoice for the new bulb purchase (I purchased the new bulb directly from the TV manufacturer's web site) to Mack nearly 3 months ago and was subsenquently told almost 2 months ago that it had been received and my check would be included in the next printing. I inquired again last week and was told the same thing.

#5 ·
Hi

, Is it 5 years from DOP of the TV or DOP of the warranty?

-Kip

#6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 /forum/post/18023404

Let's say I have a Mack extended warranty for a TV that I sold (thanks Roman!) but the new owner wasn't interested in the warranty. Is there any possible way to transfer that warranty to another (newer) TV (same model)?

The warranty can only be transferred to the new owner. You cannot transfer the warranty from equipment to equipment. On the original purchase of the TV and warranty, that warranty is dedicated to that TV and cannot be changed.

#11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackcamera /forum/post/18022776

Hi,

There are a lot of people on this forum that have questions abut our warranty service, or need support. Any one that has any specific questions pertaining to Mack warranty please post here and I will answer all your questions. Please keep the topic related to Mack warranties only.

Thank You,

Dave

Who has the best price on MACK warranties?

#13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma /forum/post/18091817

"The best deal is not always the best price"

While this is a true statement there are many variables and issues with it when applied to today's TV's esp LCD TV's

I personally will side with Servicetech on these forums and tell people who are just looking for a TV to get a base to mid range model from a name brand

reguardless of consumer report numbers i will openly state that for your money a panasonic plasma for most peoples needs will be not only the best picture to price ratio TV you can find but also some of the most reliable TV's you can currently buy and many extended warranty companies will reflect this as well in their pricing of the warranty for panasonic models vs other brands

all that being said i personally bought a Toshiba LCD TV and am happy with its performance and know full well it may fail me after warranty but that is ok to me, if it does i will either replace it or repair it myself unless it is a panel failure because that is cost prohibitive but when it comes to replacing the power supply/mainboard/TCON/Ballast board it is pretty cheap to find the parts online via Ebay and other sites and easily user replaceable without even soldering and i'm a person with above average electronics skill and solidering skill.

a layman can easily swap out a board in today's TV's its almost too easy

#14 ·
I'd like to buy a Mack warranty (#1051 for TVs under $2500) but can someone answer these questions for me?

Q: There seems to be conflicting information regarding contract transferability which is important to me. Near the top of this link
http://www.mackcam.com/servicecontra...=56&row_id=101 , they say it's transferable. But the 3rd paragraph from the bottom clearly states it's NOT transferable. Which is it?

"Mack Camera and Video Service will not be liable for loss of revenues or profits, inconvenience, expense of substitute equipment, loss of incidental or consequential damages. If the unit can not be repaired by Mack Camera or the Manufacturer for manufacturer’s defects, replacement will be made with the same or equivalent model based on the contracted unit current market value at our discretion.This service contract is not transferable."

Q: It also says the following:

"This service contract is not an insurance policy or a warranty."
Why does it say it's NOT a warranty? And what's the difference between a service contract and a warranty?

TIA

#16 ·
For example Mack offer one client a little less than I thought was needed to buy him out of his unit. I spoke with Mack and they helped the situation

Some dealers out there will treat their clients like a number, no support just a sale.

#17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by frito /forum/post/18091865

a layman can easily swap out a board in today's TV's its almost too easy

I agree, however what if a board can not be found? In the end it is luck of the draw. Some people will use their warranty and most will not. Question is, "do you feel lucky?"

#18 ·
I bought a Sony TV with a one year warranty in December. My understanding is that it is too late to buy the 3 year Mack warranty. But I read that there is a 5 year warranty that can still be bought as long as you have 90 days left on the manufacturers warranty. Is that true?

My other question is regarding the TV price. The warranties are sold based on "TV up to X dollars". Is "X" the price I paid, or is it the MSRP?

#20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma /forum/post/18095348

I agree, however what if a board can not be found? In the end it is luck of the draw. Some people will use their warranty and most will not. Question is, "do you feel lucky?"

with Ebay its almost impossible not to find someone selling a LCD with broken screen for parts or parting out a busted TV

for kicks i just checked ebay and i can get any board inside my Toshiba 40xv645u for anywhere from 60-180 bux from one person parting one out and there is another person selling all the parts out of a busted screen unit for 100 bux!

granted higher end models will be much harder to find used parts for due to the low amount of units sold and in the market and 3rd tier brands should be avoided due to not being able to find sources for new parts when things go wrong

#21 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmoh00 /forum/post/18094323

I'd like to buy a Mack warranty (#1051 for TVs under $2500) but can someone answer these questions for me?

Q: There seems to be conflicting information regarding contract transferability which is important to me. Near the top of this link
http://www.mackcam.com/servicecontra...=56&row_id=101 , they say it's transferable. But the 3rd paragraph from the bottom clearly states it's NOT transferable. Which is it?

"Mack Camera and Video Service will not be liable for loss of revenues or profits, inconvenience, expense of substitute equipment, loss of incidental or consequential damages. If the unit can not be repaired by Mack Camera or the Manufacturer for manufacturer's defects, replacement will be made with the same or equivalent model based on the contracted unit current market value at our discretion.This service contract is not transferable."

Q: It also says the following:

"This service contract is not an insurance policy or a warranty."
Why does it say it's NOT a warranty? And what's the difference between a service contract and a warranty?

TIA

Hmm, no comments on whether Mack's TV warranty is transferable or not? I sent an email to Macks and no reply either.

I'm sensing it's not transferable. Mack should fix the info on their web page. It's clearly misleading.

#24 ·
I just purchased a set last month. If the TV comes with a 1 year Warranty, do I just have to purchase a Mack Warranty before the year is up? Within 30 days of the purchase?

#25 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmoh00 /forum/post/18098343

Hmm, no comments on whether Mack's TV warranty is transferable or not? I sent an email to Macks and no reply either.

I'm sensing it's not transferable. Mack should fix the info on their web page. It's clearly misleading.

Hi I am sorry I did not respond earlier. I covered the transfer question earlier in post#6. The warranty can be transferred to a new owner only, not to a new TV .Our website is in the process of being updated and I do apologize for the confusion.

#26 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jones /forum/post/18024111

Why does it take so long to get a reimbursement from Mack Camera for a projection TV bulb replacement? I received authorization from Mack Camera back in October to go ahead and purchase a replacment bulb for my rear projection TV. As instructed by Mack, I returned the old bulb along with the invoice for the new bulb purchase (I purchased the new bulb directly from the TV manufacturer's web site) to Mack nearly 3 months ago and was subsenquently told almost 2 months ago that it had been received and my check would be included in the next printing. I inquired again last week and was told the same thing.

Who did you purchase your bulb warranty from? I may be able to try and get you some resolution from Mack.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.