AVS Forum banner

The Official Mack Extended Warranty Thread

17K views 97 replies 45 participants last post by  TapeWorksTXinc 
#1 ·
Hi,

There are a lot of people on this forum that have questions abut our warranty service, or need support. Any one that has any specific questions pertaining to Mack warranty please post here and I will answer all your questions. Please keep the topic related to Mack warranties only.

Thank You,

Dave

#27 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by modiGTI /forum/post/18117987

I just purchased a set last month. If the TV comes with a 1 year Warranty, do I just have to purchase a Mack Warranty before the year is up? Within 30 days of the purchase?

You have until 90 days remaining on your original warranty to purchase an extended warranty with Mack. If you need a bulb warranty, that must be purchased within the first 30 days of purchasing your unit.

#28 ·
I just received my replacement bulb from Mack (via PurelandSupply.com) and I am disappointed to see that I was not sent an OEM bulb/housing. The box says it is an alternative to AN-100LP/1. The part number on the housing is AN-XR20LP.

This is not a Marantz OEM part and putting this into my projector will void the remainder of the 3 year warranty.

I need part number LU4001VP as a replacement.

I am hopeful that MACK will rectify in an expedient fashion, we shall see. I sent an email tonight.

Anyone else have a similar experience? How did MACK rectify the situation.

Thanks in Advance.

#29 ·
An update to my quest to get an OEM bulb for my Marantz VP4001 through MACK.

I got an email back from MACK CSR telling me to call Pureland Supply.

Called Pureland Supply. Woman I spoke to was very nice, but informed me that the part I need is back ordered. She told me that it would be at least 2 weeks, perhaps longer. (Not what I wanted to hear, but I am happy that she was being honest with me.)

I called Customer Service at MACK and informed them of the back order status. I was told that I could order it myself and submit for reimbursement, but that it would take 30-45 days for me to get a check.

When I asked if there was another supplier they could use or if I found a store who carried the bulb, could I have MACK order it on my behalf....I was put on hold.

Rep comes back from hold and said she would check different sources and get back to me by tomorrow.

To my surprise, I got a a call back within 10 minutes from MACK. I was told that they could order an OEM bulb but it would take at least 5 days to ship because it was back-ordered.

So now, I wait, Nine days after submitting all the required paperwork via email to start my claim process, I'm going to have to wait another 5 days minimum. Hopefully the bulb does ship in the projected time.

#30 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie6034 /forum/post/18131518

You have until 90 days remaining on your original warranty to purchase an extended warranty with Mack. If you need a bulb warranty, that must be purchased within the first 30 days of purchasing your unit.

But the Terms of the TV warranty state this:

This service contract must be purchased within thirty (30) days of the date the equipment hereunder is purchased. which i take to mean that you have to buy the TV warranty within 30 days of buying the TV, not 3 months before the factory warranty expires. It doesn't say anything about the bulb, just the equipment. I've asked for some clarification in one of the other Mack threads (there are several).

#32 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Pete /forum/post/18293290

I have a Samsung TV that I bought 11 months ago. I registered the TV with the Samsung website, which is supposed to give me an extra 90 days of warranty.

Can I still buy the Mack warranty?

Yes. You just have to keep a record of the 90 day extension from Samsung. keep a printout .

#33 ·
I spoke with mack just today with this same scenario and they told me it would not qualify. They would not honor the extra 3 months .i already paid for the warranty. Kind of irritated. Any insight why they would tell me differently.they said the insurance company has very strict guidelines.

#34 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin blanton /forum/post/18337645

I spoke with mack just today with this same scenario and they told me it would not qualify. They would not honor the extra 3 months .i already paid for the warranty. Kind of irritated. Any insight why they would tell me differently.they said the insurance company has very strict guidelines.

Kevin. I am not sure who you spoke to, Give me a call tomorrow at 973-467-2291 Extension 131. As long as you have the documentation proving the extension we will get it squared away for you.

Thank You,

Dave

#36 ·
Just bought a second projector and looking to get the extended warranty on it like I did with my first pj. Very happy with Mack's warranty and service. My question deals with replacing the bulb. Does the bulb replacement warranty still cover bulbs that have run their expected life, hour-wise, that still work but are not bright?

#37 ·
The bulb must be "dead" before Mack will replace your bulb. Once it is "dead" call Mack and they will send you a new bulb and you will need to mail the old bulb back.

Thanks,

Jamie Bowley

TapeWorks Texas

#38 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters /forum/post/18172503

This service contract must be purchased within thirty (30) days of the date the equipment hereunder is purchased. which i take to mean that you have to buy the TV warranty within 30 days of buying the TV, not 3 months before the factory warranty expires. It doesn't say anything about the bulb, just the equipment. I've asked for some clarification in one of the other Mack threads (there are several).

This is a "new" rule. Mack's website has not been updated, but you as long as there is at least 90 days remaining on your original manufacturer's warranty, you can purchase the extended warranty. As far as the bulb, it still must be purchased within the first 30 days of purchasing your equipment.

Thanks,

Jamie Bowley

TapeWorks Texas

#39 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackcamera /forum/post/18022776

Hi,

There are a lot of people on this forum that have questions abut our warranty service, or need support. Any one that has any specific questions pertaining to Mack warranty please post here and I will answer all your questions. Please keep the topic related to Mack warranties only.

Thank You,

Dave

Hi Dave,

I had purchased a Sony KDL-46V5100 for $950 at Thanksgiving, that I had trouble with and Sony replaced with a KDL-46Z5100 early this year (at no charge) Unfortunately, they didn't provide a receipt for the upgrade. How do I purchase a MACK warranty for the Z5100?

-John

#40 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsskid /forum/post/18452908

Hi Dave,

I had purchased a Sony KDL-46V5100 for $950 at Thanksgiving, that I had trouble with and Sony replaced with a KDL-46Z5100 early this year (at no charge) Unfortunately, they didn't provide a receipt for the upgrade. How do I purchase a MACK warranty for the Z5100?

-John

You need to get some sort of paperwork from Sony showing the transfer, and have your original receipt from our first purchase also on hand

#41 ·
I'm looking for a bulb warranty. The bulb is for my Sanyo PLV-80 and is ~$390. Are there different bulb warranties based on the price of the bulb like for TVs, or is it a one size fits all?

thanks,

dave

#42 ·
i had a mack bulb warranty, it was registered on the website and everything. i tried to obtain service since last november and all of my requests were ignored. i faxed my local repair request form along with all of my purchase information and warranty card no less than 5 times and never received one response. i also emailed support on the website and called twice. never got a response from the email support. the phone people told me to fax my documents and they would send me a control number estimate for, but it never happened. now my warranty is expired as of april 12th.

#43 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by louky /forum/post/18481277

i had a mack bulb warranty, it was registered on the website and everything. i tried to obtain service since last november and all of my requests were ignored. i faxed my local repair request form along with all of my purchase information and warranty card no less than 5 times and never received one response. i also emailed support on the website and called twice. never got a response from the email support. the phone people told me to fax my documents and they would send me a control number estimate for, but it never happened. now my warranty is expired as of april 12th.

Can you Pm me your Info so I can look into this. It seems odd.

#44 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by louky /forum/post/18481277

Justin,

I spoke with the warranty department. They received 2 requests from you

1. ON march 23rd

2. On March 30th

Both times they emailed you back saying they needed a sales receipt of the warranty purchase since you bought the TV and warranty separately. AS soon as you get that sent in to them they will get your replacement bulb shipped out. Your warranty did expire as of 4/12/10 however since you made a claim on 3/23/10 we will give you a courtesy. You need to send in the sales receipt for the warranty within 7 days.

#45 ·
I have definitely faxed in my request more than twice, the first time being November of last year. Furthermore, I have never received any followup email requesting additional information. I have the original email I received from localservicetv@mackcam.com in November of last year, but there has been no response since then.

Regardless, just an update for the people considering mack warranty purchase. What happened is I sent in the sales receipt for my TV instead of the receipt for the warranty card. I had to do some digging, but I have found the receipt and Mack has stated they will take care of me even though the warranty has technically expired.

Thanks for your help mackcamera

#48 ·
How long does it take to process a request once you receive a control number? I received my control number on 4/15 and here it is 4/26 and no updates; 11 days. I don't mind waiting if it's back ordered, but I should receive some sort of update. This is in regards to a bulb warranty for a projector.

#50 ·
Mack Warranty Terms have changed and now it's even better!

Did you know that the terms of the Mack Warranty Products have changed to now allow you to receive coverage if your product was damaged due to Power Surge, or Lightning Strike - the only requirement is a UL Approved Surge Protected Power strip!

I'm not here to sell you on any thing - but I am an authorized Mack Warranty Dealer please PM me if you have any specific product questions.

#51 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters /forum/post/18172503

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie6034 /forum/post/18452786

This is a "new" rule. Mack's website has not been updated, but you as long as there is at least 90 days remaining on your original manufacturer's warranty, you can purchase the extended warranty. As far as the bulb, it still must be purchased within the first 30 days of purchasing your equipment.

Thanks,

Jamie Bowley

TapeWorks Texas

So which one is it? If the warranty terms specifically state that it must be purchased in 30 days, how would a person be able to purchase one after 275 days? I can just imaging something like "I'm sorry sir, but the terms specifically state that it must be purchased within the first 30 days of your television purchase. We cannot issue you an extended warranty.".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.