#1 ·
 New from CES

Key Specs

Screen Size: 27 inches

Native Resolution: 2,560x1,440

Aspect Ratio: 16-to-9

Contrast Ratio: 1,000-to-1

Brightness: 350 cd/m2

Response Time: 6 milliseconds (gray to gray)

DVI Connector: Two

D-Sub/VGA Connector: One

HDMI Connector: One

DisplayPort Connector: One

USB Ports: Four

$1,049 (direct)

If only this display supported 120Hz 3D...Very tempted. If they drop the price during a sale by a few hundred dollars I might pick this one up anyways.

See less See more
#28 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwing /forum/post/18394374

Anybody know if Dell will come out with a monitor identical (same dimensions) to this, but in 1080P?

Not as far as I know, but there are plenty of other manufacturers out there with nice 27"-28" monitors (although most will not be IPS) like the Planar PX2710MW , or you could even get a 1080p LCD HDTV.

Some guy is selling the Dell Ultrasharp 30" 3008s for about the same price. Not sure which one to get.

#29 ·
That dell is very nice, The head of our dealership just ordered one and said there was a2-4 week wait. The only problem I see with it is the 60hz refresh rate. At this price, I'd expect to see 120hz.

#30 ·
Professional display. Don't expect to see 120Hz. It's just a gimmick. 3D gaming is just a phase that won't catch on.

Even though I can get the 30" 3008 for approx the same price, I think the U2711 is the better display. I'm having a really hard time deciding between the two.

#31 ·
Still torn. Must order soon he only has a few 3008 left. What do you think guys, a "new" refurbed 3008 (people have been saying they're pretty much new, if not new) with a full 2yr Dell warranty, or a brand new u2711?

Both come in ~$850 after CashBack

#32 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi /forum/post/18395856

Professional display. Don't expect to see 120Hz. It's just a gimmick. 3D gaming is just a phase that won't catch on.

Even though I can get the 30" 3008 for approx the same price, I think the U2711 is the better display. I'm having a really hard time deciding between the two.

Not even for 3d gaming, but for watching movies and stuff, since your so up close, it does make a difference.

I'd get the 2711 if it was me.

#33 ·
I just pulled the trigger on the u2711. After Bing CB and Ebay Bucks it came to ~$800 shipped. Not bad.

Now I'll probably have to upgrade my videocard. Hopefully the 295s will start to show up on eBay when the Fermi hits. Either that or I'll consider a 2GB 5870 (too bad I won't be able to crossfire). I just picked up a HDMI soundcard too- that could turn out to be a waste of money if I go ATI.

#34 ·
Got it today. A beautiful display overall. Even comes professionally calibrated with a calibration support to AdobeRGB/sRGB standards. Neat.

I'm spoiled by this display. I downloaded some new 1080p Quicktime trailers and they look kind of crappy now compared to my old Soyo 24" MVP panel. Wow. What a huge difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.