43K views 91 replies 41 participants last post by  Hotwheels1 
#1 ·
PANASONIC:

Panasonic will have two 3D BD player offerrings. They will look identical:

DMP-BDT300 - $400 - available now

DMP-BDT350 - $430 - adds DLNA feature - available April

FRONT VIEW:

REAR VIEW:

The Panasonic 3D BD players so far, are unique as they offer two HDMI outputs, which can be configured as one for 3D video plus HD Audio while the other is HD Audio only to better fit into an HT with an existing 1.3 HDMI HD audio decoding receiver.

Owners Manual:

http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPER...BDT300-MUL.PDF

DMP-BDT100 - August- budget 3D BD player. Single HDMI output. ($204)

SAMSUNG:

BD-C6900 - $399 - available now

FRONT/TOP VIEW:

REAR VIEW

Samsung Manual:

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/t...il&tab=support

Samsung Specs:

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/t...etail&tab=spec

NEW MODELS ANNOUNCED 7/13/10

BD-C5900 - $229

BD-C6800 - $279

BD-C7900 - $399 (replaces the 6900 and has twin HDMI outputs like the Panasonic 300/350's)

BD-C8000 Portable 3D Blu-ray Player

Shipping now - $499

LG

BX580 - $399 - available in July

FRONT/TOP VIEW:

REAR VIEW

Some Specs:

It’ll also play normal 2D Blu-rays and DVDs, and, thanks to its DLNA certification, will be able to play back multimedia files over a PC network. WIFI technology means the player can even do this wirelessly. Internet access is also on board, allowing users to access a selection of online content, including weather information and the video-sharing portal YouTube.

Should offer whatever online widegets their current BD players do in the USA.

SONY

BDP-S470 - $200 - available now

BDP-S570 - $250 - available now

BDP-S770 - ($???) - available this summer

S470 FRONT/TOP VIEW:

S470 Specs and features:

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921666104167

S470 User Manual:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/mod...70&region_id=1

S570 FRONT/TOP VIEW:

S570 REAR VIEW:

S570 Specs and Features

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921666077660

S570 User Manual:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/mod...70&region_id=1

S770:

BDP-S770 Blu-ray Disc™ Player

Available this summer

• Blu-ray 3D™ Playback

• BRAVIA® Monolithic Design

• Full HD 1080p single-disc Blu-ray disc™, DVD, SA-CD, CD player

• BRAVIA® Internet Video and BD-LIVE™

• IP Content Noise Reduction

• Built-in Wi-Fi® Wireless (802.11) with Wi-Fi® Protected Setup (WAP)

• Entertainment Database Browser with Gracenote technology

• BD Remote (iPhone®/iPod touch® remote control – free app.)

• DVD upscaling to 1080p with Precision Cinema HD Upscaling

• Dolby® TrueHD and dts-HD Master Audio™ decoding

• Photo/Music/Video Playback via USB and DLNA®

PLAYSTATION 3 - $299

NOTE: Will first receive 3D Game firmware upgrade (June), then 3D BD firmware upgrade sometime later in the year.

TOSHIBA:

BDX3000 - available September

Price = $300

See less See more
#2 ·
BUYERS GUIDE: 3D BD Players - Continued

DENON:

DBP-1611UD - $399 (June)

DBP-2011UDCI - $799 (August)

Here is a LINK to the press release discussing the differences in the two models

NOTE: - these are 3D ready BD players requiring a firmware update which will happen in the Fall of 2010.

MARANTZ

UD7005 - $899 - available September

UD5005 - $499 - available August

Press Release http://www.dba-pr.com/PDFs/Marantz%2...ent/UD7005.pdf

UD5005 - FRONT

UD5005 - REAR

UD7005 - FRONT

SHARP

BD-HP80U - $429

BD-HP90U - $499 (RS232)

PIONEER

BDP-430

BDP-43FD

BDP-41FD

Photos and info on each

http://www.engadget.com/photos/pione...396488#3396486

#3 ·
BUYERS GUIDE: 3D BD Players Continued

OPPO

BDP-93 - $499 - has dual HDMI (1.3/1.4) Outputs - Avaliable November

Oppo BDP-95

It shares the same playback platform as the BDP-93, but it is designed from the ground up with a different chassis and several audiophile improvements, including SABRE32 Reference audio DACs, a toroidal power supply, a dedicated stereo output, and XLR balanced stereo outputs. It will be available in February 2011. Cost is rumored to be $1000

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=5645

VIZIO

VBR333 - $189

VBR334 - $189

Models VBR333 and VBR334 feature built-in Wi-Fi connectivity and a host of apps services, including Netflix, Vudu, Pandora and others.

PHILIPS

BDP7520/F7 - $199.00

Philips's BDP7520/F7 is a WiFi-Ready 3D Blu-ray player that supports 3D Net-TV and MediaConnect.

http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/d...ctn=BDP7520/F7

#4 ·
Assuming one or more of these or future 3D BD players will output MPO files would one also have to have a 3D TV capable of inputing MPO files before the content could be seen in 3D? As far as I can determine only the LG 3D TV is being promoted as allowing for MPO files to be displayed in 3D but that does not require going through either a computer or a 3D BD player - one simply inputs the files to the USB connection on the TV.

While some have been put off by the ghosting on LCD/LED 3D TVs, the bigger limitation to me is the limited viewing angle. I tend to agree with Lee that the Panasonic Plasma 3D TV is at least a full year ahead of its competitors since there seems to have been uniform agreement from those who attended CES and saw all the various models that the Plasma Panny outdid everything else on the floor. However, I would really like to have the MPO viewing capability so I can view in 3D the photos I have taken with my Fuji Finepix W1 3D digital camera and obviously the Panasonic does not offer that capability. It seems the best of both worlds might be achieved if findiing a 3D BD player that outputs MPO files would be sufficient and I am cautiously optimistic that the U.S. version of the LG 3D BD player may offer such. Do these assumptions appear to have merit as a means to displaying MPO files on the Plasma Panasonic 3D TV? Alternatively, even if the assumptions are valid, am I wasting my time hoping for a 3D BD player to be capable of outputing MPO files?

#6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabaeus /forum/post/18460347

In the LG section: "It'll also play normal 2D Blu-rays and DVDs" This implies the existence of Blu-ray players, 3D or not, that do not play back the other disks. Which they don't. Exist, that is.

You might want to take out that confusing sentence.

I read it as just saying that the player will not just play 3D BDs.

#7 ·
Lee, this is an awesome thread! Thank you for taking the time to create and update it.

I don't know if I should also treat this as a FAQ thread, but I will ask this question.

Will I be able to use the new 1.4/3D BD players in my 60Hz 1080p LCD tv (Sony XBR2)?? Yes, I do know that my current set-up will NOT be able to play true 3D; however, I may want to go 3D in the future with a TV upgrade. Thanks.

#8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepstang /forum/post/18470347

Lee, this is an awesome thread! Thank you for taking the time to create and update it.

My pleasure.

Quote:
I don't know if I should also treat this as a FAQ thread, but I will ask this question.

Will I be able to use the new 1.4/3D BD players in my 60Hz 1080p LCD tv (Sony XBR2)?? Yes, I do know that my current set-up will NOT be able to play true 3D; however, I may want to go 3D in the future with a TV upgrade. Thanks.

Yes you can, but as a 2D BD player

#9 ·
Any word on Panasonic's 350 release date? I was at Best Buy Magnolia in Allentown last week. They would of had to order the 300 but the rep said that the 350 should be coming out shortly. I called this evening and checked out Best Buy's webstie and the 300 is no longer available? Any news????

#10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by kong /forum/post/18479858

Any word on Panasonic's 350 release date? I was at Best Buy Magnolia in Allentown last week. They would of had to order the 300 but the rep said that the 350 should be coming out shortly. I called this evening and checked out Best Buy's webstie and the 300 is no longer available? Any news????

April 2010.

#11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by kong /forum/post/18479858

The 300's are now available for order again in store.. available 5/12-5/15..

They had to do a special type of order (it's show unavailable in their regular system...) If they have issues doing it for you, shoot me a pm and I can give you the details..

#12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmMixer /forum/post/18512267

Lee.. just a nit picky correction to your descriptions..

The Sub/Second HDMI port on the Panasonic can also output video if you choose.

And regarding the PS3.. the way you have it written it's a little unclear..

From what I've read, the 3D Game FW will be in June/July, with no specific time frame for the 3D BD update.

Thanks - updated.

#14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORDLICH /forum/post/18515391

What is the advantage of the other players to the ps3 once the update for the ps3`s bd 3d movie`s hit???? I assume for the 3d they will be the same correct???

For $450 you could buy an 1.4 reciever and just use the ps3???

Or for $500, you could buy a 1.4 AVR and the Sony S470 3D ready player. Of course that assumes you don't have a PS3 or want one.

#16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmMixer /forum/post/18516215

"The Panasonic 3D BD players so far, are unique as they offer two HDMI outputs, which can be configured as one for 3D video plus HD Audio while the other is HD Audio only to better fit into an HT with an existing 1.3 HDMI HD audio decoding receiver."

Lee.. this comment is still not updated.

Already did it - can be configured. It is what it is. The link to the manual is right there.

#19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORDLICH /forum/post/18529970

Somebody posed an interesting question with an interesting answer,will the

ps3 3d only work with sony tv`s??? Somebody said a sony rep said that it would only work with sony tv`s,which would make no sense and turn this 3d hd into a big crappy confusing war.

Do you really believe that would happen?

#23 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gekke henkie /forum/post/18550886

@Lee: the Panasonic's are on their US website (slightly lower price than mentioned above).

Thanks - adjusted.

Quote:
Ps. I would love to know whether the Denon's have 1 or 2 HDMI-outputs, since the wording in their press-release can be interpreted in two different ways.

Unknown. I will keep my eye out for an photos of the back of the units to be posted as the others are.

#24 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gekke henkie /forum/post/18550886

@Lee: the Panasonic's are on their US website (slightly lower price than mentioned above).

Ps. I would love to know whether the Denon's have 1 or 2 HDMI-outputs, since the wording in their press-release can be interpreted in two different ways.

What wording were you referring to?

I didn't see anything in either of the two press releases I read that would suggest or hint at dual outputs....

#25 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesN /forum/post/18545914

Denon has announced 2 3D Blu-ray players: link

DBP-1611UD $399 SRP - June 2010

DBP-2011UDCI $799 SRP - August 2010

I just cancelled my DMP-BDT350 preorder, the DBP-2011UDCI looks too good to pass up... Unless someone here can show the BDT350 can offer similar realworld performance to the ABT2010/2015.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.