AVS Forum banner

'South Park' in HD on Comedy Central

57K views 607 replies 117 participants last post by  Pavan25 
#1 ·
I'm watching it right now on Buckeyecable channel 605

16:9, not stretched...very vivid colors.

I thought I was hallucinating when I stumbled on it..

Edit: It was on my CW-HD channel. Being a cartoon...it was impossible to judge any other aspect of the PQ. Didn't look stretched...colors look great on my plasma....I assume it was HD.. Anyone else see this??

#177 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi /forum/post/18491078

Saw that one, but if you notice they didn't actually say the word. This one was just for shock value and if they actually said the "N" word they'd have had more balls. That episode supposed to be about a misunderstanding- here it was meant as an epithet.

um... yes they did.... Mr Marsh yells the N word as the answer

#178 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi /forum/post/18491078

Saw that one, but if you notice they didn't actually say the word. This one was just for shock value and if they actually said the "N" word they'd have had more balls. That episode supposed to be about a misunderstanding- here it was meant as an epithet.

Actually they do use the word. You can go to the website right now and see that they do. The show is an equal opportunity offender and always has been.

#179 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posty-McPost /forum/post/18491154

Actually they do use the word. You can go to the website right now and see that they do. The show is an equal opportunity offender and always has been.

I don't remember them ever using the word. In fact there's that episode where they get rid of all the new upscale "Richers" people in town (who happen to be African American) and at the end of the Mr. Garrison says, "I'm just glad we got rid of all those "N..." and he's cut off.

So they are good, but occasionally they do go too far, and other times they don't go far enough.

#183 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi /forum/post/18491241

I don't remember them ever using the word. In fact there's that episode where they get rid of all the new upscale "Richers" people in town (who happen to be African American) and at the end of the Mr. Garrison says, "I'm just glad we got rid of all those "N..." and he's cut off.

So they are good, but occasionally they do go too far, and other times they don't go far enough.

season 11 episode 1

"With Apologies to Jesse Jackson..."

http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/102800

#185 ·
I loved the 200th ep as well. I've been thinking about who really is Cartman's dad since there may be a "cover up" now. It is believed it was someone "in the room" (well all the suspects were gathered in the weird scientists lab) in the original eps re: Cartman's dad.

My thought is the funniest thing for Cartman would be to find out he is jewish (or half-jewish). His head would implode as he makes fun of Kyle for being a jew all the time throughout the years. So I'm thinking Kyle's dad is also Cartman's dad.

Last night on syndication they showed "Cartman's Mom is a Dirty Slut" and sure enough, Kyle's dad was in the room and listed as one of the possible people who could be Cartman's dad.

My gut says we'll find out that Kyle and Cartman are half-brothers and Cartman will go bonkers like we've never seen.

#186 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy97 /forum/post/18492842

My gut says we'll find out that Kyle and Cartman are half-brothers and Cartman will go bonkers like we've never seen.

Kyle is also ginger.

#188 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mproper /forum/post/18493879

No he's not. In fact, Kyle was chosen as the first non-ginger to be sacrificed by the ginger kids during the great ginger uprising.

Upon further review we're both right. Kyle is a "day-walker" which means he has red hair but no freckles and is a "half-breed" ginger. Too funny.

#189 ·
Very disappointed with tonight's episode. I was expecting a lot better. Revealing that Cartman's dad was a Denver Bronco who was a ginger and being Scott Tenorman's half brother was stupid. They should have made Cartman a jew and the half brother of Kyle.

Also, why did they bleep out the word Muhammad? They didn't bleep it out last week. And what was with bleeping out the whole ending.

The only funny part was Seamen and swallow.

#190 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike4HDTV /forum/post/18520064

Very disappointed with tonight's episode. I was expecting a lot better. Revealing that Cartman's dad was a Denver Bronco who was a ginger and being Scott Tenorman's half brother was stupid. They should have made Cartman a jew and the half brother of Kyle.

Also, why did they bleep out the word Muhammad? They didn't bleep it out last week. And what was with bleeping out the whole ending.

The only funny part was Seamen and swallow.

I think they were making fun the actual threats they were getting re: episode.

As to Cartman's Dad, while my thought about the jew thing was off, I thought the Tenorman thing was really good because it meant that Cartman got his own dad killed...but was more ticked about being a son of a ginger. Not as good as the jew thing, but still good.

#191 ·
Arrggghhhhh my stupid DVR service didnt see tonights episode as a new one so I missed it......4/21 episode showed as a repeat of last weeks.....Looks like Ill wait untill tomorrow to see the "big reveal".....Maybe Ill have to go to alternate methods to get it

#192 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te /forum/post/18520508

Arrggghhhhh my stupid DVR service didnt see tonights episode as a new one so I missed it......4/21 episode showed as a repeat of last weeks.....Looks like Ill wait untill tomorrow to see the "big reveal".....Maybe Ill have to go to alternate methods to get it

it'll be on southparkstudios.com shortly

#194 ·
Hmmm...

That might explain why the 12:00am EDT repeat of "201" was not in fact "201".

I DVRed at 10pm... but haven't watched yet as I was watching something else... but I noticed after the Colbert Report, the EPG still said "201" repeating at midnight, but the actual episode they showed at midnight was a repeat of the episode from a few weeks back about the dirtiest-book-ever that the kids wrote.

Now I'm glad I DVRed earlier!

#198 ·
I picked up the "Catcher in the Rye" repeat. arghh.

Anyone else think it'd be funny to introduce a new character, call him something like Amir, then write him out after about a year of episodes. When the characters ask where Amir is, reveal that Amir was actually Muhammed and he's gone to Mecca.

... assuming that Comedy Central is actually resistant to showing Muhammed, and it's not just Trey and Matt using it as a shtick.

#199 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 /forum/post/18521353

Anyone else think it'd be funny to introduce a new character, call him something like Amir, then write him out after about a year of episodes. When the characters ask where Amir is, reveal that Amir was actually Muhammed and he's gone to Mecca.

... assuming that Comedy Central is actually resistant to showing Muhammed, and it's not just Trey and Matt using it as a shtick.

They probably have no desire to wake up one morning and find themselves "Rushdie'd". Living under a fatwa and possibly dying for their art is not likely a career goal for those guys.

#201 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mproper /forum/post/18520916

I thought it was hilarious. Best eps in a long time.

I was wondering about the beeps. Guess Comedy Central doesn't want to be car or suicide bombed.

I assumed the beeps were intentional (A big joke re: the muslim extremist threats to Comedy Central and Trey and Matt themselves), not that the viewers were missing out on something that Trey and Matt wanted them to hear.

Having Tom Cruise do the goo thing and then become censored just like Muhammed is one of the many things that makes me think this.