AVS Forum banner
183K views 936 replies 207 participants last post by  teachsac 
#1 ·
I didn't see a thread for this model so I thought I should start one. Mine is scheduled to get to me on Friday (April 16, 2010). I will report more once I start using it.

Anyone out there already have it? Give us your impressions.

#77 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonbek777 /forum/post/18667503

Guys I just got a message from Provantage saying the 350 has been discontinued by the manufacture, and my order was canceled...anyone have any more info on this?

I got the same note from them, so i wound up driving to a magnolia this last weekend and picking one up. BB has an offer out, at least for the RZ silver members, that if you use a personal shopper to make the purchase you can get an additional 500 points. They wound up bumping mine to 1000 points due to the 'experience/lack of response', but hey, another $20 doesn't hurt.

#81 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORDLICH /forum/post/18690152

How come it does not save my network settings??? Everytime I upgrade the firmware I have to reenter my wep key???

I don't. Haven't touched the settings since I installed it in March and I've done 4 upgrades.

S~

#85 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by 003 /forum/post/18723528

I just ordered a 350 to replace an ailing Samsung BD-P1590. Hope it doesn't disappoint!

You won't. Just got mine set up today and it is a great machine. Great PQ and audio, wireless set up was easy, downloaded 1.4 upgrade no problem. Watched a Netflix movie --------great! All I need is my 58VT25 to arrive and I'll be all set. I am amazed how well the wireless dongle works. I expected some problems but no problems so far. The 350 is keeping a nice strong signal.

#86 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy /forum/post/18731252

You won't. Just got mine set up today and it is a great machine. Great PQ and audio, wireless set up was easy, downloaded 1.4 upgrade no problem. Watched a Netflix movie --------great! All I need is my 58VT25 to arrive and I'll be all set. I am amazed how well the wireless dongle works. I expected some problems but no problems so far. The 350 is keeping a nice strong signal.

Same here, hey I just got my new router last night, have you looked at the specs on the wireless dongle? Is it N compatible?

#87 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bricot /forum/post/18731278

Same here, hey I just got my new router last night, have you looked at the specs on the wireless dongle? Is it N compatible?

Yes it is, that's what had be doubting it would work with my older Linksys-G AP. I know N is supposed to be backward compatible but until I actually used it, I expected some problems. Worked perfectly, no problems at all.

#88 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy /forum/post/18731821

Yes it is, that's what had be doubting it would work with my older Linksys-G AP. I know N is supposed to be backward compatible but until I actually used it, I expected some problems. Worked perfectly, no problems at all.

Thanks! Mine has also been working off my Linksys G router.

#89 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy /forum/post/18731821

Does your show N on the internet connection? Mine is showing G...

#90 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bricot /forum/post/18735377

Does your show N on the internet connection? Mine is showing G...

Mine shows G too. The dongle is N compatible but our network is G. That's why. It's been working great. The one thing I notice is I get my strongest, steady signal by using the extension and laying it on top of the player. Although, just plugging the dongle directly into the back also works with no problem. It just fluctuates a bar.

#91 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy /forum/post/18737394

Mine shows G too. The dongle is N compatible but our network is G. That's why. It's been working great. The one thing I notice is I get my strongest, steady signal by using the extension and laying it on top of the player. Although, just plugging the dongle directly into the back also works with no problem. It just fluctuates a bar.

Figured it out, changed the encryption from TKIP to AES and now it shows as N...TKIP doesn't support N.

#93 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebat68 /forum/post/18572375

You will need a HDMI 1.4 switcher when they become available. The receiver will not read the 1.4 properly. The switcher will run to the Mitsubishi adapter and the adapter will run to the receiver.

So if I buy the 300 Pani, I can pass the 3D through my onkyo 805 to my Samsung DLP HLT6187S? Just a single cable coming out from the player?

No issues with HDMI 1.4 support, and all I would need are the 3D glasses and the transmitter than hooks to my TV?

#94 ·
Pandora's live. Nice and clean interface. For those with plasmas, after a minute or so the screen moves, spins, etc.

S~

#95 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by hceuterpe /forum/post/18743516

So if I buy the 300 Pani, I can pass the 3D through my onkyo 805 to my Samsung DLP HLT6187S? Just a single cable coming out from the player?

No issues with HDMI 1.4 support, and all I would need are the 3D glasses and the transmitter than hooks to my TV?

Umm, not quite. The 300 has 2 HDMI outs. One is v1.3 and will go to your 805 to carry HDMI audio. The other is v1.4 and will go to the display to separately carry the (3D) video. It's doubtful that the 805 will pass a 3D video stream since its HDMI chipset is v1.3 and likely doesn't have the necessary bandwidth nor the necessary firmware.

#97 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce /forum/post/18744360

Umm, not quite. The 300 has 2 HDMI outs. One is v1.3 and will go to your 805 to carry HDMI audio. The other is v1.4 and will go to the display to separately carry the (3D) video. It's doubtful that the 805 will pass a 3D video stream since its HDMI chipset is v1.3 and likely doesn't have the necessary bandwidth nor the necessary firmware.

Yeah teachsac is right, Checkerboard, NOT HDMI 1.4. It's that or spend thousands to replace existing equipment that works fine otherwise.

has anyone actually tried this combination? I'd like to make sure.

#98 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by hceuterpe /forum/post/18743516

You should be able to. I have my Panasonc BDT300 running to my Onkyo TX-SR705 then from the receiver to my Samsung HL610750 television. With the Panny set to Checkerboard output, I get sound and video with just the one cable coming from the Panny. 1.4 does not come into play at all. In fact Blu ray 3D can run on a 1.3 as long as it is a CAT 2 type of 1.3 cable.

#99 ·
Running through a cable and passing through a chipset are two completely different things. 3D blu-Ray will not pass through the 1.3 chipset of the Onkyo.

S~

#101 ·
Checkerboard is not the same as the BD 3D spec. Checkerboard will pass, BD 3D (true 3D) will not.

S~

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.