AVS Forum banner
183K views 936 replies 207 participants last post by  teachsac 
#1 ·
I didn't see a thread for this model so I thought I should start one. Mine is scheduled to get to me on Friday (April 16, 2010). I will report more once I start using it.

Anyone out there already have it? Give us your impressions.

#102 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimwhite /forum/post/18744998

If the 300 Pani is set to output 3D-Checkerboard, which is half rez, it will passs thru the Onk.

This is true, works fine for me. The half rez is not true though. My television shows full 1080p coming in when I click on the info button for the television and also the when I click on the status button on the Panny player.

#104 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebat68 /forum/post/18745047

How can you say this when it does for me.

Because you are outputting checkerboard format for 3d, not full HD. They are different. Checkerboard and standard BDs will pass through 1.3 just fine. You can not pass full HD through a 1.3 chipset unless that chipset has been specifically designed to do so, such as the new sigma.

S~

#105 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac /forum/post/18745493

Because you are outputting checkerboard format for 3d, not full HD. They are different. Checkerboard and standard BDs will pass through 1.3 just fine. You can not pass full HD through a 1.3 chipset unless that chipset has been specifically designed to do so, such as the new sigma.

S~

I changed the setting on the Panny to full HD 3D and still got audio and video through the Onkyo. But since the television is not the new 3D television I got 2D video. None the less the Onkyo accepted the feed.

#106 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebat68 /forum/post/18745581

I changed the setting on the Panny to full HD 3D and still got audio and video through the Onkyo. But since the television is not the new 3D television I got 2D video. None the less the Onkyo accepted the feed.

That's because HDMI is backwards compatible. Everything from previous versions is included in the chipset's EDID table. You can run a 2D BD through HDMI 1.1 with the 350. You will not be able to run Full HD through the Onkyo.

S~

#107 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by hceuterpe /forum/post/18744822

Yeah teachsac is right, Checkerboard, NOT HDMI 1.4. It's that or spend thousands to replace existing equipment that works fine otherwise.

has anyone actually tried this combination? I'd like to make sure.

Sorry. I forgot that checkerboard was what the DLPs already use, and via 1.3. I'm pretty sure that the "3D BD" stuff will need to go over HDMI 1.4, though.

#108 ·
I got the BDT-300 yesterday (and a P50VT25 as well) and I'm having trouble connecting it to my wireless network using the dongle. I use WEP and it's not an option on the wireless security settings. I tried all the other security options using my encryption key, but no luck. Does this device simply not do WEP or is there a firmware upgrade or am I missing something?

#109 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebat68 /forum/post/18721679

I got Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D Blu ray today imported from Germany. It works great. It looks just as good as MVA does.

could you give the web sight where you ordered it. in the 3d tech talk section there asking questions about it could you go to that section and give your answers to there questions then i will no what to do thanks have a nice day

#110 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elladan /forum/post/18753898

I got the BDT-300 yesterday (and a P50VT25 as well) and I'm having trouble connecting it to my wireless network using the dongle. I use WEP and it's not an option on the wireless security settings. I tried all the other security options using my encryption key, but no luck. Does this device simply not do WEP or is there a firmware upgrade or am I missing something?

Sorry, I'm hardwired to my network.

#111 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elladan /forum/post/18753898

I was able to go to the manual option, select WEP and open network (I think it was) put in my 24 charact password and bingo, it connected. Then I did the firmware upgrade, so I know you don't have to do that first.

#112 ·
Thanks for the response, I must not have picked the Open Network option on the network security settings, because WEP is there, just like you said. So now everything is working beautifully, getting a 5 bar signal even though my wireless router is 2 floors up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy /forum/post/18756352

I was able to go to the manual option, select WEP and open network (I think it was) put in my 24 charact password and bingo, it connected. Then I did the firmware upgrade, so I know you don't have to do that first.

#113 ·
Glad you got it going. I've noticed my speed (by looking at my laptop) really goes down some time. From 56Mbps down to 10 or 11. The 350 w/wireless dongle just keeps pumping away, never goes below 3 bars. Netflix flows with no glitches or interruptions what so ever.

#114 ·
VierraCast interface was sluggish last night. Network was 11Mbps and my Samsung had no problem streaming.

S~

#117 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce /forum/post/18752226

Sorry. I forgot that checkerboard was what the DLPs already use, and via 1.3. I'm pretty sure that the "3D BD" stuff will need to go over HDMI 1.4, though.

That is not true. 1.4 just adds audio return cannel, 4kx2k resolution, HDMI Ethernet Channel and a few other things. Most of the features of spec 1.4 people can not even use at this point in time.

#118 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenisG /forum/post/18773426

That is not true. 1.4 just adds audio return cannel, 4kx2k resolution, HDMI Ethernet Channel and a few other things. Most of the features of spec 1.4 people can not even use at this point in time.

+1

Blue Jeans and I believe Monoprice has great write-ups on the HDMI 1.4 vs. 1.3. Bottom line, 1.3 High Speed Cat 2 cables are fine for 3D. For those interested, go to the top of the page and cruise their sites.

#120 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1 /forum/post/18768243

how many differant demo disc`s are there that came with the 300 or 350 players. i no only one came with player but i here there is more then one demo disc.

There are two panasonic demo disc that look very similar to one another, but have slightly differant content. One, only a panasonic rep has and the other is the 300/350 pack in. They look the same except for part number and an expiration date on the rep's disc. Plus the cover on the reps disc has "viera" wording added on it.

(1) Here is the panasonic reps disc; http://www.demo-world.eu/demo-dvds/p...-disc-v1-2.php

(2) Here is the 300/350 pack in disc; http://www.demo-world.eu/demo-dvds/p...n-disc-vff.php

#122 ·
You won't see a difference on the black level control in the menu. You'll need to play a movie. I use custom settings.

#123 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound & Vision /forum/post/18774376

There are two panasonic demo disc that look very similar to one another, but have slightly differant content. One, only a panasonic rep has and the other is the 300/350 pack in. They look the same except for part number and an expiration date on the rep's disc. Plus the cover on the reps disc has "viera" wording added on it.

(1) Here is the panasonic reps disc; http://www.demo-world.eu/demo-dvds/p...-disc-v1-2.php

(2) Here is the 300/350 pack in disc; http://www.demo-world.eu/demo-dvds/p...n-disc-vff.php

thanks for the imfo.

#124 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound & Vision /forum/post/18776704

It doesn't matter if it's a splash screen or movie. I have changed black level in plenty of players and the effect is imediate. Can someone just try it, gee it only takes a second!

Same here on my 350. It has no effect. I also saw the lighter-darker flashing in cinema mode, but not not much. I tried custom mode but I still did/could not get the blacks I was looking for. Finally chose "Normal" mode for my choice. I will prefer to use the TV (58VT25), when I get it, to provide the PQ settings I am looking for. Overall, I think the 350 is providing an excellent picture.

#126 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORDLICH /forum/post/18780799

Did anybody ever get crank 2 to work on their player?

Do you have an SD car installed? Common practice for Lionsgate titles.

S~

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.