AVS Forum banner

The Official Integra DHC-80.2 Pre/Pro Thread

Tags
integra
405K views 4K replies 321 participants last post by  dean.prainito 
#1 ·
Well I have mine on order and can't wait to hear who gets theirs first and can share thoughts.

#2 ·
Who can speak Russian? This is the first 80.2 spec sheet I have seen,

http://www.integrators.ru/catalog/de..._ID=3126159#a3

For comparison, here is the new Euro Onkyo PR-SC5508 spec sheet.
http://www.intl.onkyo.com/downloads/...ex_leaflet.pdf

At least we can confirm Audyssey XT32!

Quick question? I have no experience with the HQV Reon-VX chip, although I know that it has been around since 2006. Is this the same version that has been around for 4 years? How would it compare to the Anchor Bay 2015 in the new high end Denons? I don't really upscale DVD, just watch Blu-Ray and signal from DirectTV. I assume the Reon is more than adequate for deinterlacing 1081i

#5 ·
I clicked translate on that Russian site and got this...

9.2-channel network A / V Controller

Integra has once again tried and released a preamp level professional capable of working with any source of audio-video signal. Any function of the distributed playback to individual A / V-calibration are simple and easy.

NEW FEATURES

Certification THX ® Ultra2 Plus

Interface HDMI ® (version 1.4a with support for 3D audio and reverse) technology to support Deep Color , xvColor , LipSync, Dolby ® TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio , DVD-Audio, Super Audio CD, multi-channel PCM and CEC

8 inputs HDMI (a front / 7 rear) and 2 outputs

The two outputs HDMI (which can be active simultaneously)

2-Port USB (front and rear)

The USB port on front panel for connecting flash drives and devices, iPhone ® / iPod ® (the ability to display images with CD covers)

Ability to work in a network for streaming audio files (MP3, WMA, WMA Lossless, FLAC, WAV, Ogg Vorbis, AAC and LPCM)

Receive Internet radio broadcasts (vTuner) *

Certified support for Windows ® operating system 7 and the standard version of DLNA 1.5

Firmware Update via the Internet using a USB port

Professional ISF calibration for optimal video quality

HDMI-conversion of video to improve the resolution to 1080p/24 by video processor HQV Reon-VX

VLSC (Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry - vector linear shaper signal) for all channels

Burr-Brown DACs 192 kHz / 32 bit (PCM 1796 x 6) for all channels

Technology DSD (Direct Stream Digital - Direct Stream Digital) discs to play Super Audio CD

Technology Dolby ® Volume for leveling the volume level when switching from one signal source to another

Systems decode Dolby ® TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio , Dolby ® Digital Plus, DTS-HD High-Resolution Audio

Decoding DTS Neural Surround

Technology Audyssey DSX and Dolby ® Pro Logic ® IIz support of new channels of surround sound

Feature Audyssey MultEQ ® XT32 to compensate for the shortcomings of room acoustics

Feature Audyssey MultEQ ® Pro Ready with the ability to edit the target curve correction *

Function Audyssey Dynamic EQ ® to compensate for the disappearance of certain frequencies at low volume levels

Feature Audyssey Dynamic Volume ® to maintain optimal volume and optimal dynamic range

2 channel balanced audio input XLR

9.2-channel balanced XLR output pre-amplifier (with the possibility to connect the front speakers on dvuhusilitelnoy scheme)

Translucent graphic OSD over the image on the monitor, accessible through all video outputs

4 game modes DSP-CPU: Rock (Rock), Sports (Sports), Action (active) and Role Playing Game (RPG)

Analog video input RGB (D-sub, 15-pin.) And audio for PC

Audio Input (TV / CD and Phono) with gilded carved brass 19-mm connector

Universal port to connect the dock to Onkyo iPhone ® / iPod ®, or to connect a DAB + tuner using a single cable.

* Availability of service depends on the region

OTHER FEATURES

Three 32-bit DSP-processor (DA830 x 1, DA788 x 2)

7 digital inputs (4 optical and 3 coaxial)

Switching to a video with support for HDTV (3 inputs, 1 output)

Technology Linear Optimum Gain Volume

Algorithm Music Optimizer to restore the compressed music files

Function A-Form (Listening Mode Memory) to store settings

Direct mode for direct transmission signal

Independent crossover adjustment for front / center / spatial / surround spatial channels (frequency 40/45/50/55/60/70/80/90/100/110/120 / 130/150/200 Hz)

The synchronization feature A / V-signals (up to 250 ms in increments of 2 ms)

9.2-channel preamp outputs color-coded (including 2 independent subwoofer output)

7.1-channel color-coded

40 presets for FM / AM stations, installed in a random order

Compatible with RI (Remote Interactive) Dock Station for iPod

Bidirectional programmable and customizable RI remote control with backlit display settings, the keys to switch modes with the display and makropresetami for the four operations

5 A / V inputs (1 front / 4 rear) and 1 output

Output Video / S-Video (Monitor)

1 audio in, 1 audio

FACILITIES EXPANSION SYSTEM

Bi-directional Ethernet port and RS232 for system control

Preamp outputs for Zone 2 / 3 for distributed audio playback in multiple rooms

Subwoofer outputs for zone 2 and zone 3

Yields on the monitor for Zone 2 (component and composite video)

Separate control Bass / Treble / balance for Zone 2 and Zone 3

Setting the maximum volume level, set the initial volume level at power on for the main zone and zones 2 and 3

An extra set of rack (IRK-180-4)

Interface RIHD (Remote Interactive over HDMI) for System Control * Compatibility may vary depending on the specific model

Storing and call the dealer installations using the Lock / Unlock

Always stored in the memory set

2 inputs and 1 output IR signal

3 programmable 12-volt trigger (with adjustable delay)

SPECIFICATIONS

Amplifier Section

Distortion:

0.05% (rated power)

Damping factor:

60 (Front, 1 kHz, 8 ohms)

Input sensitivity and impedance:

200 mV / 47 ohms (Line) 2.5 mV / 47 ohms (Phono MM)

Nominal output level and impedance (RCA):

1V/470 ohms (Pre out)

Maximum output level and impedance (RCA): 5.5 V/470 ohms (Pre out)

Nominal output level and impedance (XLR): 2 V/470 Om (Pre out)

Maximum output level and impedance (XLR): 11.0 V/470 Ohm (Pre out)

Overload pickup input (Phono): 70 mV (MM, 1 kHz, 0.5%)

Frequency:

5 Hz - 100 kHz / +1 dB, -3 dB (Mode Direct)

Tone Control:

± 10 dB, 50 Hz (low frequency) ± 10 dB, 20 kHz (treble

SNR:

110 dB (Line, A-weighting.) 80 dB (Phono, A-weighting.)

Video Section

Input Sensitivity / Output Level and Impedance: 1 (double amplitude) / 75 ohms (component-component and S-Video luminance signal, Y) 0.7 V (double amplitude) /

75 Ohm (color component signals, PB / CB, PR / CR) 0.28 B (double amplitude) /

75 W (chroma signal S-Video, C) 1.0 V (peak to peak) / 75 ohms (Composite signal)

Frequency component-component video: 5 Hz - 100 MHz / 0 dB, -3 dB

Section tuner

Frequency range settings:

FM 87.5 MHz -108.0 MHz AM 522 kHz -1.611 kHz

Presets for FM / AM: 40 stations

General characteristics

Meals:

220-240 Vac, 50/60 Hz

Consumption:

110 W

Dimensions (W x H x D):

435 x 198.5 x 445 mm

Weight:

13.5 kg

Packing

Dimensions (W x H x D): 494 x 337 x 576 mm

Weight (with packaging): 17.5 kg

Onkyo company has a policy of continually improving products and reserves the right to change specifications and appearance without prior notice. The name and logo are trademarks of THX THX Ltd., Which may be registered in several bodies. All rights reserved. All rights reserved, produced under license from Dolby Laboratories. Titles Dolby, Pro Logic, Surround EX and double-D symbol are trademarks of Mi-Dolby Laboratories. DTS is a registered trademark and the DTS logo and symbol are trademarks of their DTS, Inc. Description iPhone, iPod, iPod Classic, iPod Nano, iPod Shuffle and iPod Touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., Registered in the U.S. and other countries. The inscription «Made for iPod» or «Made for iPhone» means that the device used to connect respectively to an iPod or iPhone, and has sertifitsikatsiyu productivity-makers of conformity Apple. Apple is not responsible for the operation of this device, as well as for its compliance with safety standards and regulatory standards. Manufactured under license from Audyssey Laboratories. An application for a patent in the U.S. and other countries lodged. Audyssey DSX, Audyssey MultEQ XT32, Audyssey Dynamic EQ and Audyssey Dynamic Volume are trademarks of Audyssey Laboratories. The names of HDMI, High-Definition Multimedia Interface and HDMI logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC in the United States and other countries. xvColor a trademark of Sony Corporation. Music Optimizer, and Theater-Dimensional is a trademark of Mi-signs Onkyo Corporation. All other trademarks are registered trademarks of, governmental, and therefore the property of their respective owners.

#8 ·
Man, sounds great but how I wish it was 11.2! Oh well, next year I'm sure.

James

#12 ·
Got mine on order. I am also hoping it will have apple airplay option added as that is pretty cool.

The thing I am most hoping happens is that integra releases an updated Rs232/IP protocol module for Crestron that allows me to stream pandora out of zone 2 and have it spit out data while doing it. All this with or without zone 1 ON. so basically I want to use the preamp as a pandora radio source that I can stream audio and data (song, artist, control) via RS232 while maybe zone 1 is not even turned on. That way I can use the unit to be my theater preamp (number one function), but also use it for music for other rooms with control in remote rooms without a display (bathrooms, patio, kitchen, etc.)

Here's to hoping

#13 ·
I have been waiting for this pre/pro to come out since I sold my Pioneer SC-09 in early July. The Onkyo PR-SC5508 looks very tempting, but issues with Onkyo QC have kept me focused on the Integra 80.2. I even purchased a DTA 70.1 amp in anticipation of getting it. Now I hear that Integra products recently released have the same issue with Audyssey XT32 as the new Onkyos. I have seen no ETA on a fix. I wonder if we will not hear any announcements on the 80.2 until after that is all worked out? Very disappointing indeed.

#14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bslep /forum/post/19184311

The Onkyo PR-SC5508 looks very tempting, but issues with Onkyo QC have kept me focused on the Integra 80.2.

I'm sure they are built on the same assembly line, and use very similar firmware/software, so I would expect the same issues with both preamps.

#16 ·
The Audyssey.

#19 ·
ok, just ordered it from a dealer-friend of mine. I called a local dealer, and a non-salesman answered this morning indicating he actually owns the 80.1, as well as a few other guys in the store.

Anyway, can't wait to get this thing. I should have it mid-next week.

I bet the announcement will hit at CEDIA.

Do we know whether or not this unit WILL actually have the ability to update via the port? They say that every time a new unit comes out, but none have been able to update firmware via the Internet port to date....

Best,

Stieger

#20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger /forum/post/19191919

ok, just ordered it from a dealer-friend of mine. I called a local dealer, and a non-salesman answered this morning indicating he actually owns the 80.1, as well as a few other guys in the store.

Anyway, can't wait to get this thing. I should have it mid-next week.

I bet the announcement will hit at CEDIA.

Do we know whether or not this unit WILL actually have the ability to update via the port? They say that every time a new unit comes out, but none have been able to update firmware via the Internet port to date....

Best,

Stieger

Your dealer actually got an ETA for the 80.2?

#23 ·
Placed a order yesterday, 1-2 weeks to delivery so it seems on line with the expected release date of late September.