AVS Forum banner

Toledo, OH - HDTV

241K views 2K replies 163 participants last post by  snowdog 88 
#1 ·
Edited by Moderator, 8/21/09

Toledo over-the-air HDTV channels, network affiliations , digital, (legacy) channel numbers, subchannels:

WTOL CBS 11 (11)

-1 CBS HD

-2 News Now (SD)

WTVG ABC 13 (13)

-1 ABC HD

-2 LiveWell HD (SD)

-3 Weather Now (SD)

WNWO NBC 49 (24)

-1 NBC HD

-2 RTN Retro TV (SD)

-3 America One TV (SD)

WGTE PBS 29 (30)

-1 PBS HD

-2 PBS Family (SD)

-3 PBS Create (SD)

WUPW FOX 46 (36)

-1 FOX HD

Toledo over-the-air Digital SD Channels:

WLMB Ind 5 (40)

-1 Independent programming (SD)

Toledo Cable and IPTV providers:

Buckeye Cablesystem local HD lineup:

605 WT05 The CW HD

611 WTOL CBS HD

613 WTVG ABC HD

624 WNWO NBC HD

630 WGTE PBS HD

636 WUPW FOX HD

TWC Waterville local HD lineup:

703 WGTE PBS HD

707 WUPW FOX HD

710 WNWO NBC HD

711 WTOL CBS HD

713 WTVG ABC HD

AT&T U-verse local HD lineup:

FOX HD WUPW

NBC HD WNWO

ABC HD WTVG

PBS HD WGTE

CBS HD WTOL

DBS Providers Local HD

DirecTV:

FOX HD WUPW

NBC HD WNWO

CBS HD WTOL

ABC HD WTVG

PBS HD WGTE

Dish Network:

No local channels.

See less See more
#1,704 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa73 /forum/post/19070397

Are Buckeye's clocks incorrect for anyone else? Both my cableboxes are about 15 minutes slow. Both say 6:33 a.m. when it is really 6:48 a.m.

Not only annoying, but it totally screws up the guides, planned DVR recordings, etc.

Can this be fixed?

Only by them.

#1,705 ·
Cross-posting in all contiguous markets with a VHF 13:

For anybody interested, WSYX is coming in loud and clear on UHF Channel 48 as of about noon today. VHF 13.2 is carrying a blank message telling people to re-scan.

The geek in me wonders if fringe reception of WTVG will improve once WSYX VHF 13 goes dark.

#1,706 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzytebob /forum/post/19121869

Cross-posting in all contiguous markets with a VHF 13:

For anybody interested, WSYX is coming in loud and clear on UHF Channel 48 as of about noon today. VHF 13.2 is carrying a blank message telling people to re-scan.

The geek in me wonders if fringe reception of WTVG will improve once WSYX VHF 13 goes dark.

Where are you located?

#1,708 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by skatingrocker17 /forum/post/19128287

Where are you located?

My sister uses an antenna at her house and she is about to get Fox Fort Wayne and of course all of the Toledo locals but none from Columbus. I have a small antenna that I've messed around with and I find it hard to pick up Toledo locals and I'm not even 30 miles away from Toledo but I have DirecTV so it's not really a problem. I'd like to be able to receive Columbus locals though but when I had cable we got MyTV Cleveland and The CW Detroit for some reason, even CBC Windsor.

#1,710 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzytebob /forum/post/19138332

WSYX will be turning Channel 13 off very soon. Perhaps you will be able to get Channel 13 in Toledo once they do that because our Channel 13 won't be interfering with your Channel 13?

WSYX programming is now on Channel 48. Here's how Channel 13 looks until they turn it off:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zpgo_a9yAqM

That makes sense but I also find that WTOL channel 11 is also pretty difficult to receive but again I was using a small antenna.

#1,711 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregGH /forum/post/19043375

Hi

I am a Canadian in Kingsville-Leamington area across the lake. Can anyone clarify some points?

-we see a signal change on some toledo stations with a better signal in the afternoon and a weaker signal in the evening - are the stations changing their distribution pattern ( can you point me to the web site that shows the patterns - had it a while back but bad bookmarks get me again )

-ch24 all but impossible to get - to at least the hardest of bunch (or so it seems)

We have a directional antenna and rotor and like to watch Toledo ( also get Cleveland & Detroit very well) - since you guys keep sending us the 'good' storms. I think we might be the only part of Canada that still talks in Fahrenheit ( thanks to Toledo weather ) and not Celsius for temperature.

Saw something mentioning Toledo as #73 in USA - if you add us 'missing Cdn viewers' but we could get to at least #72 ..:)

Thanks for any help offered

Greg H

Hi Greg,

I see you have taken to TV broadcasts as a hobby while we are in "bad ice" season. I hate to be the one to break the news to you, but "Industry Canada" dosen't want signals from the USA crossing the border. It is why Fox Toledo has a directional pattern. Here are the Toledo stations contours, NOTE: the signals do carry beyond the blue line and are for reference purposes. No station in Toledo is "shifting" pattern (like an AM directional array) rather you are probably seeing the result of adjacent channel and on channel interference from multiple market DMA's along with atmospheric ducting.

#1,712 ·
I need to add an additional DVR to my account with Buckeye Express. It will be my 4th. I have Pace Micros and I think the last one I picked up is a TDC-778X or something close to that. I'm using the WD My DVR Expander with that one which is 500Gig which is eSATA. This leads me to my two questions.

1) What's the latest model Pace Micro (assuming that's still what Buckeye is using) that they are releasing now for use?

2) Is it still limited to eSATA only drives and a half terabyte?

Thanks in advance.

#1,715 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inundated /forum/post/19182620

TWC in your area dropped CBC Windsor (CBET/9) recently. Buckeye Cablevision in Toledo itself still carries CBET.

Well it was probably over a year ago now but I was actually disappointed because I occasionally watched it. Instead they replaced it with CNN Headline news which honestly makes no sense because it's a duplicate of the other CNN Headline news in the 40 channel block. I have DirecTV now so the only duplicates I have are The 101 channel placed all over the place.

#1,716 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullwave2 /forum/post/19180146

1) What's the latest model Pace Micro (assuming that's still what Buckeye is using) that they are releasing now for use?

2) Is it still limited to eSATA only drives and a half terabyte?

Thanks in advance.

Well, I got my answer as far as what they are giving out now. It's the Pace Micro TDC-787X with firmware 11.90. Considering that Pace is at 14.XX as usual, Buckeye is way behind in updating their firmwares. The fixes that Linden has listed in the Pace thread are numerous.

It appears also that the maximum is 750GB assuming you can find an external 750G eSATA only drive. That limits it to three that Linden also lists which so far all appear to be out of production and only 500GB. If anyone has had good success with a 750GB drive for the TDC-787X, please let me know what you're using.

Thanks.

#1,717 ·
Well I'm finally ditching Buckeye. They haven't added any non-premium HD channels in many, many months and I'm sick of waiting. TWC is being installed Sunday and hopefully they've gotten they're act together since I last had them 3.5 years ago. They offered me 2 HD-DVRs and 15mbps internet for for $120.75/month for the first year, then just another $5/month more after that. Sounds VERY good on paper, hopefully the HD channels don't pixellate (sp?) and the internet doesn't cut out like the last time I had it.

#1,718 ·
Buckeye Cable is adding 4 new HD channels on 09/30/2010. SyFy HD (662), MSNBC HD (663), Animal Planet HD (654) & Investigation Discovery HD (657). They'll also be showing a freeview of NFL RedZone on channel 697 this Sunday, September 19 - 1 PM ET.

#1,720 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nourdmrolnmt1 /forum/post/19199920

Hey guys, i have Buckeye Cable basic, no HD channels, on my 42" Panny... anyways, channels 18-1, 18-2, 18-3 come in clear, but they arent OTA channels, rather, CBS, USA and TNT, all HD... what other channels are available in the -X area that "shouldnt" be? also, what local HD channels will come in?
http://www.buckeyecablesystem.com/li...x-channels.pdf

#1,721 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Kocis /forum/post/19198787

Well I'm finally ditching Buckeye. They haven't added any non-premium HD channels in many, many months and I'm sick of waiting. TWC is being installed Sunday and hopefully they've gotten they're act together since I last had them 3.5 years ago. They offered me 2 HD-DVRs and 15mbps internet for for $120.75/month for the first year, then just another $5/month more after that. Sounds VERY good on paper, hopefully the HD channels don't pixellate (sp?) and the internet doesn't cut out like the last time I had it.

Time Warner Cable has a TON of HD channels, almost every one available (at least they did in the Bowling Green area). They probably have every HD channel available but I swtitched to DirecTV because I was having problems with Time Warner Cables crappy HD DVR. I'm sure they would of replaced it but I wanted to try something new.

I've still got RoadRunner though because it's always been very reliable and fast. TWCs HD channels look pretty good, I never noticed any extreme pixelization, only mild the only way to get virtually no pixelization is blu-ray. The HD doesn't look as good as DirecTVs but it's also compressed differently and it's very close.

#1,722 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jashansen /forum/post/0

Buckeye Cable is adding 4 new HD channels on 09/30/2010. SyFy HD (662), MSNBC HD (663), Animal Planet HD (654) & Investigation Discovery HD (657). They'll also be showing a freeview of NFL RedZone on channel 697 this Sunday, September 19 - 1 PM ET.

Thx for the info. If I have to come crawling back at least I have something to look forward to.

#1,725 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam856 /forum/post/19219152

Same here, I watched about 15 minutes of the free preview and couldn't stand it anymore.

Joy. I'm wondering if it's compressed at the source, then compressed by RedZone, and then again by Buckeye. I guess that could explain it.

It also sucks that it's only in stereo, but it's still better than paying so much for Sunday Ticket I guess.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.