AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

JVC 2011 models & MSRP: RS40 50 60 & HD250.

724K views 9K replies 362 participants last post by  AVS Forum Notice 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Ahhh, so I dived into the CEDIA 2010 rumours thread and found a pretty healthy discussion going on about this.

Perhaps this thread could serve to deliver up all the juicy details as they become public in the next few days.

I am VERY excited about these new PJs...

#3 ·
Here's the problem - it'll be the next generation of projectors before we get the features we want. The Sony has 2D to 3D conversion, but apparently isn't bright enough and I'll bet the JVC is bright enough, but won't have 2D to 3D conversion. Oh. by the way - where's the content?

#4 ·
on that note, i think 3d is a long, long ways away. just think of broadcast tv, the new apple tv, etc. its pulling teeth for huge companies to even offer 1080p, let alone 3d. now 2d-3d conversion is a technology that they should look into more. imagine just popping in a bluray and its now 3d!

#5 ·
Its here. Panels and projectors are here and content is increasing. When and if you adopt it is your choice because everything shows 2D. Let`s not argue about whether you should or not here .Let`s keep this thread to rumors about the JVC stuff to be shown at Cedia. Just like cheap add on boxes exist for projectors that don`t have ful CMS systems don`t you think there will shortly be inexpensive add on 2D to 3D conversion boxes?

#6 ·
WTF cares what you think about 3D????? NO ONE! The same people hijack every thread to reiterate their opinion on 3D! This is a new JVC PJ thread, not "what do you think about 3D, again" thread!

The same people said that 3D will hurt 2D performance and innovation. Meanwhile the new JVC 3D projectors (higher contrast, higher brightness, faster panels, roughly the same price too) is just one example of them once again being WRONG.

Rant over.

As far as 2D-3D conversion, that's not a feature that "we" (meaning everyone) want. I've never seen a conversion that looked good enough, and that's done by millions of dollars rendering farms and hours of calculations and software. I seriously doubt a VP inside a consumer grade PJ will do better, and on the fly no less!

#8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikenificent1 /forum/post/19210797

The same people said that 3D will hurt 2D performance and innovation. Meanwhile the new JVC 3D projectors (higher contrast, higher brightness, faster panels, roughly the same price too) is just one example of them once again being WRONG.

Rant over.

We generally assumed an effort would be made to make 3D performance good, rather than just sticking 3D sticker on a 2D machine and accepting the results.
Looking back and knowing the industry I admit that was a rather silly/naive assumption.

#9 ·
Can anyone tell me the dimentions of the DILA-X9 is?.......surely NDA's won't cover dimentions?

#11 ·
Man I'm just sitting here tapping my toes like crazy, wanting more details.

To be honest, I'm not so hung up on the 2D to 3D conversion thing - would rather watch native 3D content on this projector, and leave the 2D/3D conversion to the television. But it would be nice if the FI works with BD sources properly of course!

I am absolutely thrilled that it is said that these will be much brighter projectors, we're talking 30% brighter, according to these reports. That will certainly mean a better 3D experience.

My BIG question is what system will it use. I'm guessing the same LCD glasses. So WILL it be compatible with the glasses I will be buying for the Panasonic 3D plasma? Will I be able to have a set for both, or separate units for each?

On movie night, it's not unusual to have 8 or 9 people over, so it would be nice if I could have ONE set of glasses.

#12 ·
In another thread, it has been mentioned that the native display rate of the panels has been increased for these new JVC projectors. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...5#post19209285

If true, that would almost certainly mean a jump from 120 hz to 240 hz. This is a REALLY big deal for me, meaning improved motion display for 2D content as well.

I am really curious about how they will be filling in those extra frames when in 3D mode - most likely it will be multiple flashes of the original frames, but I'm really curious.

#13 ·
I doubt many of the persons who have seen the prototype or prototypes had the opportunity or thought to say let me measure the dimensions. I can`t imagine a problem with disclosing them today but one would have to have them and I doubt anyone has them except JVC. Rest assured its bigger than a cell phone and smaller than a Titan.

#14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich /forum/post/19212291

I doubt many of the persons who have seen the prototype or prototypes had the opportunity or thought to say let me measure the dimensions. I can`t imagine a problem with disclosing them today but one would have to have them and I doubt anyone has them except JVC. Rest assured its bigger than a cell phone and smaller than a Titan.

Well if its not a problem disclosing that info today if it was known, can it atleast be known if the shape is similar to the latest JVCs such as the 10,20,25,35, etc.....or if it is more of a square shape like the RS1/RS2? We dont need a tape to get the answer to this

#15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe /forum/post/19212312

Well if its not a problem disclosing that info today if it was known, can it atleast be known if the shape is similar to the latest JVCs such as the 10,20,25,35, etc.....or if it is more of a square shape like the RS1/RS2? We dont need a tape to get the answer to this

all three new X typs have square shape

three projectors also available with different model name RS....... sorry i forgot the numbers

#16 ·
Toe. I just don`t remember. but if it is square or rectangular in shape it could spawn other manufacturers to buy them from JVC (which several already do such as Anthem and rebrand them as their own) but to value add beyond an extended warrantee and an extra bulb by putting them into a sexy curved case.

#17 ·
Mark H.:

Will the new JVCs have the new HQV Vida chip, which is IDT's upgrade to the Reon, that was used in the RS25 and the RS35???

Note that the new Epsons will have the Vida.

I'm going to purchase one of the new JVC's this Xmas (no sales tax!). If the JVC's will have the Vida, I won't purchase a Yamaha RX-A3000 (which has the Vida); I'll purchase a Denon 4311 instead.

TIA

#18 ·
x3, x5 and x7 are the names, apparently.

I'm guessing they must be slightly larger than the current models, as there is likely to be additional optics to handle the 3D workings. The current units are very svelte, so i don't mind. I don't think they will be as bulky as my old RS1 was.

Suspense is killin me

#20 ·
We will publicate on 23th a Video Interview with "Mr Dila" Akira Kobayashi from JVC.

#21 ·

Quote:
Higher lamp lumens would mean a larger chassis.

Unless the light source is external like this:

.......now that would be cool!!

#22 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by darinp2 /forum/post/19211366

I want 2D->3D conversion not because I think I would use it to watch anything, but because I would probably use it to calibrate a 3D mode with a 2D test pattern disc or generator.

--Darin

hmm. As far as brightness and contrast is concerned, would looking at a 2D test pattern while wearing the shutter glasses suffice? I'm guessing the usual suspects will probably come out with new 3D calibration discs anyhoo.

#23 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikenificent1 /forum/post/19210797

As far as 2D-3D conversion, that's not a feature that "we" (meaning everyone) want. I've never seen a conversion that looked good enough, and that's done by millions of dollars rendering farms and hours of calculations and software. I seriously doubt a VP inside a consumer grade PJ will do better, and on the fly no less!

WTF cares what you think about 3D?????

#24 ·
The W normally stands for What and now you in a moment of expression want it to be read as Who. WTF as you now intend it just doesn`t sound right. It is equilibrium disturbing. The What is an inhale and the Who is an exhale. Try saying the What T.. F... and Who T.. F.... out loud. Please be more considerate of WTF tradition.

#26 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich /forum/post/19216597

The W normally stands for What and now you in a momemt of expression want it to be read as Who. WTF as you now intend it just doesn`t sound right. It is equilibrium disturbing. The What is an inhale and the Who is an exhale. Try saying the What T.. F... and Who T.. F.... out loud. please be more considerate of WTF tradition.

I thought it was the World Trade Federation. World is an exhail and I'm sure they would like to see 3D catch-on since it would increase revenue world wide.

Of course if it were the World Trade Federation we were talking about then there would already be protesters surrounding this thread and possibly burning something.

OK, only 3 more days until this tread has actual (confirmed) details...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.