AVS Forum banner

The Official Integra DHC-80.2 Pre/Pro Thread

Tags
integra
405K views 4K replies 321 participants last post by  dean.prainito 
#1 ·
Well I have mine on order and can't wait to hear who gets theirs first and can share thoughts.

#32 ·
I see no mention of Audyssey Pro or Installer Ready. I have read it 5 times. Anyone see it hidden away?

#37 ·
AFAIK, there aren't any online Integra dealers. As such you're stuck dealing with the local guys who think they're cutting you a huge break ordering you one (because they naturally don't stock 'em or have one on the floor) and selling it to you for just MSRP. Oh yeah... No returns either.

#38 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbo /forum/post/19217072

I see no mention of Audyssey Pro or Installer Ready. I have read it 5 times. Anyone see it hidden away?

Specs on page one of this thread said "Audyssey Pro Ready". I believe it was taken from a Russian spec sheet, but I can't imagine that the unit features would be different in the US model.

#39 ·
Thanks, yes. I see there are lots of local dealers and installers listed. Most of whom within any proximity to me seem to be just glorified contractors / builders. It's probably more of a hassle for them to order it than it's worth their time.

So maybe I should rephrase my question:

Can any one recommend a bigger dealer, some one who has been in business for a while actually selling audio equipment and not just the occasional install, that would be there in the future. Preferably some one with at least a decent web site and not just an email address at hotmail or some such.

The full retail thing isn't as much of an issue as dealing with a professional outfit is. Also actually getting one in the next month or two would be a huge plus.

Thanks

#40 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert W /forum/post/19225053

Thanks, yes. I see there are lots of local dealers and installers listed. Most of whom within any proximity to me seem to be just glorified contractors / builders. It's probably more of a hassle for them to order it than it's worth their time.

So maybe I should rephrase my question:

Can any one recommend a bigger dealer, some one who has been in business for a while actually selling audio equipment and not just the occasional install, that would be there in the future. Preferably some one with at least a decent web site and not just an email address at hotmail or some such.

The full retail thing isn't as much of an issue as dealing with a professional outfit is. Also actually getting one in the next month or two would be a huge plus.

Thanks

My local dealer, Wee Bee Audio (Lancaster PA) is one of the largest Integra dealers, been around a long time, and they are good to work with. You might look them up and give them a call. Ask to talk to Harry, he's the manager. You can tell him Dennis Markley sent ya!

#42 ·
Give them a chance. They are launching their redesigned website soon, as the splash page says. Yes, they do car stereo, but they are well versed in home theater installation and integration. And if you only need to buy from a dealer, why worry about what the website looks like? They are pros, and their service is excellent.

#46 ·
I upgraded from a Denon-3808, and the diffrence is HUGE. The music is alive again, and my sub came to life like never before. I think my Denon must have been broke somewhere.

#47 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by meller127 /forum/post/19233757

I upgraded from a Denon-3808, and the diffrence is HUGE. The music is alive again, and my sub came to life like never before. I think my Denon must have been broke somewhere.

Fantastic give us more details as soon as you can!!

#50 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bslep /forum/post/19235466

+1

Hey Bslep, I see your also in Ohio altough I'm not sure where N. Royalton is? I called Hanson AV in Dayton today and they said they should have the 80.2 in sometime in October and also have a demo unit on the floor. Can't wait to hear this thing as I'm way too late for a new processor.

#51 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcallister /forum/post/19235539

Hey Bslep, I see your also in Ohio altough I'm not sure where N. Royalton is? I called Hanson AV in Dayton today and they said they should have the 80.2 in sometime in October and also have a demo unit on the floor. Can't wait to hear this thing as I'm way too late for a new processor.

Suburb of Cleveland. There's an Integra dealer near me but no ETA from them. I will probably buy sight unseen though and have another option from a dealer I've been corresponding with who I have a lot of confidence in. My patience is wearing thin!