AVS Forum banner

65" 3D Vizio is now up on the Vizio website,,,,here's the link

11K views 37 replies 15 participants last post by  OconRecon 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyo
Vizio's new 65" LED, now on their website,,, looks very very interesting !!!!

http://www.vizio.com/led-lcd-hdtvs/xvt3d650sv.html

Cheers

Davyo

As mentioned somewhere else buried in another thread....

Edge lit 120Hz and a really high price. Also, Polarized glasses. Upside is you can buy glasses for all the kids in the neighborhood for the cost of a single pair of actives. Downside is your 2D content is 120Hz.

#5 ·
The Grand disappointment is that this is a Razor model and not a TRULED. I bought the 32" version of the Razor and it proved to be a huge disappointment with its supposed one million to one CR was simply false and while the PQ was OK it could not match my 4-5 year old Sharps and far inferior to my Sony Z and Samsung C6400.

Great to have a Big Boy Panel on the block from Vizio but I was certain they'd be placing this in the TruLED format not the Razor.

Hopefully, it's glass is different from the 32" Razor I bought and if this were a ten bit panel it seems it would have a higher color count also. I can't believe they didn't build the 65" with Universally Highly Rated TruLED!

#7 ·
I can see where the marketing people would recommend an edge-lit panel in the 65 inch size. Many of these are going to have to pass a spousal approval test, and the thinner edge-lit panel gets higher marks on appearance.

Vizio is not that interested in the hobbiest market. They are a high volume lower profit margin brand. You want 65 inch back-lit, get that Samsung 65 inch model 8000.

#8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyboy /forum/post/19515812

I can see where the marketing people would recommend an edge-lit panel in the 65 inch size. Many of these are going to have to pass a spousal approval test, and the thinner edge-lit panel gets higher marks on appearance.

It actually is not that thin or light compared to the Samsung 65" at 79.8 lbs and 1.2" thick whereas the Vizio is 2.5" thick and weighs about 130 lbs.

Samsung gets the WAF and mobility factor with it's thinness and lightweight spec's and if the blacks are anything like the Razor 32" I owned the Samsung will blow it away easily but admittedly the retail price point for general consumers with lower budgets may grab the Vizio and that's their market segment gravy anyways.

Anyone finicky about black levels like members on this forum simply won't tolerate the crappy gray bars instead of black bars and credits I saw on the 32" Razor as it had that old HAZY LCD Look that Samsung, Sony, Sharp, LG and Vizio TRuLED have pretty much done away with. BTW I'm not anti Vizio at all as I was set to buy this were it the TRuLED version and I got burned on the 32" Razor that members here should audition before committing to buy as the Razor PQ IMO doesn't come all that close to the new TruLED that's getting rave reviews.

#9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm145 /forum/post/19513242

i thought you just bought a 65 inch plasma?

are you planning on return it for this?

Yea,,, my timing was great,,, the day I took delivery of my new Panasonic 65" plasma Vizio puts their 65 incher up on the website,,,,, after I been waiting for almost a year to see what larger than 55" LCD I would be wanting to get it goes up on their website hours after I get the plasma,,,,, I was just sitting in front of my pc monitor saying WTF !!!!!!

As far as returning the plasma to get the Vizio,, at this moment thats not the plan,, who knows when the Vizio will actually come out,,, could be in Jan or in 8 months,,, I asked Vizio yesterday for a release date and all they would say is "sometime in 2011".

Cheers

Davyo

#11 ·
One thing thats interesting is how fast this thread is growing (how many views it has had),,,, whats interesting about the speed of this thread growth is there are some AVS members that claim there is not much interest or a market for a bigger screen size LCD,,,, yet with every thread started that mentions a larger screen size that thread grows faster than most other threads.

Geeze,, I wonder why that is ????

Cheers

Davyo

#14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyo /forum/post/19518376

So that would mean that its just not us only here on AVS that are interested in this 65 incher.

Cheers

Davyo

More than likely it means there are search engines and click happy kids following links from Engadget, but I suppose some obsessed people are curious about 65" LCD panels.

#15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2000 /forum/post/19517709

Just noticed this in the specs.

Full HD 3D = No

I'll bet it's quarter resolution in 3D (1/2 x 1/2).

Is it possible that they are cheating somehow? I would expect a passive 3D system like this would involve some sort of active polarizer on the screen, but is it possible they are using a passive polarizing layer such that every other line is oppositely polarized?

#16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyo /forum/post/19517077

As far as returning the plasma to get the Vizio,, at this moment thats not the plan,, who knows when the Vizio will actually come out,,, could be in Jan or in 8 months,,, I asked Vizio yesterday for a release date and all they would say is "sometime in 2011".

Cheers

Davyo

Yea thats what I heard as well, I am going to be checking the system since it has not even showed up yet, but when it does I will at lest have the ETA

#17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by westa6969 /forum/post/19514667

The Grand disappointment is that this is a Razor model and not a TRULED. I bought the 32" version of the Razor and it proved to be a huge disappointment with its supposed one million to one CR was simply false and while the PQ was OK it could not match my 4-5 year old Sharps and far inferior to my Sony Z and Samsung C6400.

Great to have a Big Boy Panel on the block from Vizio but I was certain they'd be placing this in the TruLED format not the Razor.

Hopefully, it's glass is different from the 32" Razor I bought and if this were a ten bit panel it seems it would have a higher color count also. I can't believe they didn't build the 65" with Universally Highly Rated TruLED!

The 32" Razor does not have any local dimming and on their site the 65" spec says there are 32 zones of local dimming and so this must be an improvement over the 32".

#18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAS /forum/post/19518423

More than likely it means there are search engines and click happy kids following links from Engadget, but I suppose some obsessed people are curious about 65" LCD panels.

Ahhh,, so your saying the main reason this thread is growing is because of a mention of AVS in an artical on Engadget which is causing click happy kids to come here,,,,, and the remaining views this page gets is only from people that have OCD and are only "curious" about 65" LCD panels,,,,,,,,,, well heck,,, that explains it !!!!

And the other large screen size LCD threads I mentioned that grow very quickly,,,, also because of "bored click happy kids" that arent being watched by their mommies ?

Cheers

Davyo

#21 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAS /forum/post/19523201

Yes. Reminds me that I need to call your mom and have a chat

No,,, dont tell my mommie,,,,,, she will be very upset with me,,,,,,, when my parents had "the talk" with me they told me too much clicking will make you go blind !!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatse /forum/post/19524002

3700bux for a Vizio seems really expensive, even if it is a 65inch. I'd expect under 3k. 3700bux is little to close to 65inch VT25.

Yea,,,, that is a higher MSRP than I had expected,,,, at CES last year Vizio showed off their 72 incher that never came to be and said it would cost around 3K,, I was thinking they would at least try and stay in that price range or lower with a 65 incher.

But then again,, the technology to make a passive 3D panel cost more money to make and will mean not having to buy those expensive 3D shutter glass's.

Cheers

Davyo

#22 ·
So, the lack of active 3D shutter glasses doesn't bother me at all.

But should the 120 Hz hold me back? Or is this one of those deals whereby "the average consumer can't tell the diff between 120, 240, and 480 Hz's"?

I love the way Vizio has a customer review posted already by the way.

I was one of the many waiting on the 72-incher. I'm thinking this 65-incher may be the one.

#23 ·
Quote:
One thing thats interesting is how fast this thread is growing (how many views it has had),,,, whats interesting about the speed of this thread growth is there are some AVS members that claim there is not much interest or a market for a bigger screen size LCD,,,, yet with every thread started that mentions a larger screen size that thread grows faster than most other threads.

Geeze,, I wonder why that is ????

Cheers

Davyo
most likely curiosity more than anything.

#24 ·
Quote:
Ahhh,, so your saying the main reason this thread is growing is because of a mention of AVS in an artical on Engadget which is causing click happy kids to come here,,,,, and the remaining views this page gets is only from people that have OCD and are only "curious" about 65" LCD panels,,,,,,,,,, well heck,,, that explains it !!!!

And the other large screen size LCD threads I mentioned that grow very quickly,,,, also because of "bored click happy kids" that arent being watched by their mommies ?

Cheers

Davyo
why the condescending remarks? This is a forum where enthusiasts go to discuss and read about things related to home theater and such. I read about a lot of items that I would never be interested in purchasing.

#25 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTguru3 /forum/post/19528391

why the condescending remarks? This is a forum where enthusiasts go to discuss and read about things related to home theater and such. I read about a lot of items that I would never be interested in purchasing.

There are some members that have chosen to attack discussions of large panels period and plus you may want to keep in mind that DAVYO brings a sort of different dimension to discussions here as he's a Comedian in Vegas I believe and perhaps he's got a bit of Don Rickles or Rodney Dangerfield at play or whoever he emulates.

He most often makes a discussion quite humorous unless he's pulling a Vince Young over the lack of large panel LCD's to choose form at affordable prices.

The fastest growing thread I've ever witnessed here was when the HD DVD Players debuted for sale - the postings were going so fast you couldn't keep up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.