AVS Forum banner

3D Easter Eggs on Avatar: Collector's Edition BD

10K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  Bob7145 
#1 ·
Don't know if this is posted elsewhere, but I found some 3d easter eggs on disc three of the new Avatar BD. On the main menu go to 'Live Extras' and toggle down, two 3D features will appear, the theatrical trailer and the featurette 'Pandora Discovered', once selected the blu-ray prompts you to put on your 3d glasses, viewed on a ps3 connected to a Samsung 8000 plasma

Good Luck

#3 ·
Now THAT is an easter egg! Will definitely have to check this out when I get home, thanks OP!

#4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephcoatar /forum/post/0

Don't know if this is posted elsewhere, but I found some 3d easter eggs on disc three of the new Avatar BD. On the main menu go to 'Live Extras' and toggle down, two 3D features will appear, the theatrical trailer and the featurette 'Pandora Discovered', once selected the blu-ray prompts you to put on your 3d glasses, viewed on a ps3 connected to a Samsung 8000 plasma

Good Luck

Just picked it up for that alone. I was going to wait to get the 3D version but since the price point on ebay is at $500 this will hopefully saitiate my needs to see how this will look. Thanks!

#8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbergman /forum/post/19515664

I may be confused but I can't seem to access these. Perhaps I don't understand what the term "toggle down" means. When I'm on the live extras item, pressing the down key just goes to the next item. Can someone explain in more detail how to look at these?

Thanks.

Move the arrow key on your dvd remote until you have live extras highlighted. Then press up on your arrow key. The two 3D trailers will then show up above live extras.

#9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltsfan21 /forum/post/19517453

Move the arrow key on your dvd remote until you have live extras highlighted. Then press up on your arrow key. The two 3D trailers will then show up above live extras.

This didn't work for me either. When I have the Live Extras highlighted, by press up or down or right or left..it goes back to previous or the beginning item. I don't see anything else pop up. Btw, I'm using ps3....

#11 ·
Strange. When I tried again this morning, the disk was already in the player. Turned things on, pressed menu and waited. I got the 3d warning I usually get when I play a 3d disk. Now, when I press the right arrow from that location, a little menu pops up with the choices.

I don't know what changed.

#13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes /forum/post/19519024

Sounds like you guys are describing BD-Live content. That stuff can come and go at the studio's whim, and can even be restricted for the number of views, etc.

Nope,it's on the disc. Played both with my sammy 3d player thats not hooked up to the internet.

http://www.dailygame.net/news/archives/009620.php

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.