AVS Forum banner

Resident Evil: Afterlife 3D [Blu-ray] is now available to order from Amazon

21K views 170 replies 75 participants last post by  chodalad 
#1 ·
#8 ·
Watching it tonight - will let you know. I'm actually excited for this movie because it'll give me a good idea what decent high budget action / not-animated movies will look like.

I have the majority of the 3d movies that have been released and I'm no longer interested in watching something just because it's in 3d. Basically, if I wouldn't sit down and watch it in 2d --> I'm not interested.

#10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo0285 /forum/post/19555230

The 3d seemed very subtle in this movie. Not necessarily a bad thing, but many times when I lifted my glasses It looked almost 2d. Still a fun watch, the movie itself is kind of crappy though

I totally agree I was not impressed with either the movie nor the 3D effects in this one at the theater. However Kacey Barnfield (plays Crystal in the movie) was *most* impressive in a bit role!

#12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin-Dawson
Awful movie / pretty subtle 3D. I had much higher hopes for this since it was actually shot in 3D... nope, overall very disappointing.

Don't waste your time.
strange just watched, thought it was one of the best 3d experiences, although poor movie, but 3d is best, but then again i do have a vt25 which probably which also factored into the good 3d

#13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by hahayeah
strange just watched, thought it was one of the best 3d experiences, although poor movie, but 3d is best, but then again i do have a vt25 which probably which also factored into the good 3d
I'll stick with my DLP thanks... Stand by my statement, don't waste your time.

#14 ·
After getting by the shoot out at the film's begining I enjoyed the movie very much as did my wife. The opening was pretty boring (seen that a million times before) and the main bad guy wasn't interesting to me but I enjoyed the zombie killing scenes. I remember not being impressed with the 3D but I'll hold off on any comments till I get my hands on a 3D BD.

#19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSX1992 /forum/post/19710258

Just compared prices in todays newspaper ads.

Best Buy $34.99

Fry's 27.99

Target 25.99

Amazon 27.99

I did not even know that Target carried 3D BR.

Thanks for the comparisons. I just saw the Target price in today's paper. I think I going to cancel with Amazon and go with Target. Even with taxes it will be about the same price and I'll have it quicker. My pre-order with Amazon was never updated with the lower price so I wasn't aware that they had lowered it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.